Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Closed Thread

Old 27-06-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Just to add les is a ansmann sponsored driver bit of a conflict of intrest ?? For the points you are making
Pmsl!
Old 28-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by les View Post
its called bury metro buggy club so its has been funded and built by bury metro so that must mean its for all the comuinity to use its not privatley owned its not run as buiness so why does it alway have to make money everytime its used whats wrong with a few free meetings to get new people interested if they run the ansmann meet everyone will be welcome including all the bury members it would be a good day we could get the local paper down get it in the bury times i no someone who works there no probs no point in making loads of fuss over it just get it run have a good days racing and enjoy it after all its a hobby thats why we do it for fun

Makes complete sense to me I would personally love to help out set up a day for ansmann I think it would be fantastic for the club and for people to get the chance to race on a fantastic track with a great atmosphere get it booked Stu
Old 28-06-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisher View Post
Makes complete sense to me I would personally love to drive for ansmann I think it would be fantastic for myself and for people to get the chance to race on a fantastic track with ansmann get it booked Stu
edited that for you
Old 28-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlip View Post
edited that for you

yea I would or kyosho or losi or maybe even shumacher but its not going to happen so whats your point
Old 28-06-2011

I think this thread is a shame to be honest it shows bury is a bad light and a track that is not welcomng to others. Just think if you were looking for a place to race and you read this thread I think you would be concerned to come to the track. And I bet like most other tracks you really need and welcome new members. I think the day is a great idea and the tracks picked should be proud that includes its members as a lot of them put in the hard work, and to get the track holding what will be like a national and people coming from all over the place can only be a good thing for the future.
Part of Deans dream team, TEAM USELESS
Old 28-06-2011
Banned

Name what we should all be so ashamed of? If you've been to bury you wouldn't be writing those comment you've just put, all the lads are top and have a good bunch of friendly member!

But if you don't come and see bury for yourself rather than saying what you have just done then you will never know that you are missing out on probably the uks best astro track
Old 28-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by maseace View Post
I think this thread is a shame to be honest it shows bury is a bad light and a track that is not welcomng to others. Just think if you were looking for a place to race and you read this thread I think you would be concerned to come to the track. And I bet like most other tracks you really need and welcome new members. I think the day is a great idea and the tracks picked should be proud that includes its members as a lot of them put in the hard work, and to get the track holding what will be like a national and people coming from all over the place can only be a good thing for the future.
I'm not sure it does. Well ok, yes it does because we are airing this in public, but I'm also willing to bet Batley or Southport won't be handing their track over gratis either. They, like us, would expect something in return. It might be publicity, it might be support for a series, it might be race fees - it doesn't really matter. Nobody does this for nothing.

The question then is, whats in it for the club? Whilst our members can enter the meeting for sure, I can safely say none of them need entertain any thoughts of Ansmann sponsorships. Why? Because if Stu was considering any of us he would have already approached us, he doesn't need an Ansmann recruiting day to do that.

So what is the benefit? Well if we charge normal race fees its financal clearly. My preferred choice would a couple of RTR's we can loan out plus maybe some banners for our fences etc which is more promotional.
Just getting people coming to race at the track is fine, but if they don't come back its pointless. Our new track has been around for a couple of months now and we have a NW regional on it soon. Anyone local enough to become a regular will have seen the track by then so there isn't much gain there. We might gain a few more occasionals but no new members.
Now if it was an annual event, and they stuck a flyer in every Madrat kit, then I'd be interested......

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 28-06-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maseace View Post
Bury is a GREAT club, As i recall Buds asked a simple question of "What will it do for our club" thats all....

If you "concerned to come to the track" then don't. It will be your loss.
Old 28-06-2011
Gypsy Member

Yeah mint let's do it
Been looking forward to a big meeting on our track
Sponsorship of any form is cool
Freebies rule
Batteries motors and that for the lower finals and banners for the club
Stu. Will and ann sponsor a big air comp
Me and nitro are due a show down
Old 28-06-2011
Stu-Perstar

I can not believe the way Bury Metro club members are acting!
I as the Chairman have been speaking to Ansmann about holding this meeting at our club and not one of you have asked ME about it!
Instead you have come on here and just sounded like you are all about money!
Me as the Ansmann Team Manager have had several offers of tracks around the area and they have not asked anything from Ansmann!

Remember, this is only an idea right now and things are not final. As soon as they are then we will tell the commitee of that club the details.

Its a shame this has happened as Magazines/TV/Papers and Oople have all been invited and its a shame it might not be at our new track now.
Old 28-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
I as the Chairman have been speaking to Ansmann about holding this meeting at our club and not one of you have asked ME about it!
Me as the Ansmann Team Manager have had several offers of tracks around the area and they have not asked anything from Ansmann!

Remember, this is only an idea right now and things are not final. As soon as they are then we will tell the commitee of that club the details.

Its a shame this has happened as Magazines/TV/Papers and Oople have all been invited and its a shame it might not be at our new track now.
I have to agree. This seems like a great opportunity for a large scale meeting at the new track but unfortunately all the dirty linen has been aired in public, again. Lets wait and see what is actually proposed before causing a stir.
Old 28-06-2011

I think it will be a real shame of we did not have this day at our club why should we want something out of it? The fact that ansmann where thinking of using our club alone is enough.. If it was held there it would be great for our club. Threads like this just put the club down if people have an issue with this day why not ring stu direct why start a thread about it so everyone reads it. I just dont get it
Old 28-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisher View Post
I think it will be a real shame of we did not have this day at our club why should we want something out of it? The fact that ansmann where thinking of using our club alone is enough.. If it was held there it would be great for our club. Threads like this just put the club down if people have an issue with this day why not ring stu direct why start a thread about it so everyone reads it. I just dont get it
Martin and Graham I do have a response for you and I'll give it to you both on Sunday dont wish put it on here my words will be taken out of context

Buds
Old 28-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post

I think thats the problem Stu. There is a conflict of interest going on here. You can't negotiate on both sides of the table!
Its true people should ask you. They don't - they ask me! And I say have they spoken to you, because I've not heard a single thing about it.
All this stuff could be avoided - you have a committee so talk to us. Then when people start raising doubts we can reassure them. Because the current answer of 'no idea, Stu hasn't told me!' does not instill confidence.
I'm sure this issue wouldn't even have arisen if it was a Schumacher talent event because there would be no questioning of priorities. In fact, for those reading this thread from other clubs etc - thats the point. If there wasn't a conflict of interests, the club would no doubt be behind this.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 28-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
I think thats the problem Stu. There is a conflict of interest going on here. You can't negotiate on both sides of the table!
Its true people should ask you. They don't - they ask me! And I say have they spoken to you, because I've not heard a single thing about it.
All this stuff could be avoided - you have a committee so talk to us. Then when people start raising doubts we can reassure them. Because the current answer of 'no idea, Stu hasn't told me!' does not instill confidence.
I'm sure this issue wouldn't even have arisen if it was a Schumacher talent event because there would be no questioning of priorities. In fact, for those reading this thread from other clubs etc - thats the point. If there wasn't a conflict of interests, the club would no doubt be behind this.
First I heard of it was when i saw in the ansmann section I think we could have been informed before posting his intentions/idea to everyone else
Old 28-06-2011
Banned

Regardless would be a cracking day
Old 28-06-2011

I would really like to take part in this day but I can't get to it if it's not local, like Bury. This is why I suggested it and also because it is Stu's local track and the newest (and best!) in the north.

In progress: Team Durango DEX410 V1-V4 hybrid ~ DESC410V2 ~ DEX210
Old 28-06-2011
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
I will say it again for you Si.

It was only an idea!

IF it was popular, then I would of spoken to the comittee of the club and we would of come to an agreement.

Anyway, dont worry about it anymore as this prooves that this club is not interested.
I have had several clubs offer there track so I will speak to them.

Sorry Whiskers
Closed Thread