Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 20-10-2014

Default Indoor Calendar.?

Any sign of dates for Whitcliffe yet.?......
Old 21-10-2014
Admin

Last contact I had with Dianne, she said we are just awaiting the final confirmation from the sports centre. Subject to that expect the first meeting at the beginning of November
Old 26-10-2014

Hey..

Any updates on Venue and dates?

I heard on the grape vine that there may be a new indoor venue?

Anyone shed some light on this??

JIm
Old 27-10-2014

Hi Everyone

Just to update you all - we will still be running at Whitcliffe Mount Sports Centre for the winter - for the time being. Management has changed hands and I had been trying to communicate with Natalie who no longer works there. I had sent the calendar to her but this has obviously not been carried forward.

I am now liaising with Brett, the new manager and we are sorting the calendar. He has the dates and is getting back to me to confirm. As soon as the calendar is confirmed we will get it published.

The first 2 dates are 9th November and 23rd November but he was unsure about the 9th.

As soon as we are aware, then I will let you know.
Old 27-10-2014
Mad Member

Chadderton on the 9th November Dianne

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 27-10-2014

Does that mean no Batley indoor before 23 November.?
Old 28-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc View Post
Chadderton on the 9th November Dianne
Sorry - you are correct - 9th November is Chadderton.

I need to check with him because he did say that the 9th was on the list - I will confirm that it needs to be the 16th - it may be that it has changed since I sent the original listing.
Old 01-11-2014

Any more news of Indoor dates Dianne..?
Old 05-11-2014

Any news on the first indoor meeting yet?
Old 06-11-2014

Default Club meetings at Whitcliffe Mount Sports Centre

I have finally managed to get a response and the news is not good. Natalie, last year's manager, no longer works for Kirklees Active Leisure and the list of bookings had not been confirmed, prior to her leaving.

Unfortunately, the hall has been booked out for longer periods this year for the netball and other events have booked in.

The new manager, Brett, has said that he has been trying to find dates and times to accommodate the club but at the moment can only offer times like 4 pm to 7 pm and a couple of others which are not suitable.

From the list of dates that he eventually managed to locate that I emailed to Natalie, the first meeting available for us is Sunday 28 December - the Xmas meeting!

Dates in January onwards are available but have to be 1 pm to 6 pm (not 12 noon) so we need to decide whether to book these or they could be snapped up.

Do we have the Xmas meeting on the 28th December or wait until January?

I think we can cancel with 2 weeks' notice so would probably be best to try to get the dates booked in rather than not have any indoor meetings.

Last edited by DianneH; 06-11-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-11-2014

Sorry Dianne, but what a disaster..! This was bound to happen if bookings are not made well in advance, and I mean months.. How come the Batley splinter group , Chadderton, is booked and not Batleys' main meetings..?
Surely some meetings will be better than none, otherwise there is a great danger the club will cease..
Old 07-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aire valley View Post
Sorry Dianne, but what a disaster..! This was bound to happen if bookings are not made well in advance, and I mean months.. How come the Batley splinter group , Chadderton, is booked and not Batleys' main meetings..?
Surely some meetings will be better than none, otherwise there is a great danger the club will cease..
A bit harsh Allan , it's not Diane's fault management has changed at the sport centre
Old 07-11-2014

Maybe so......but November is a bit late to be negotiating dates for indoors which would normally run from October..!
Old 07-11-2014

Sorry Ian I have to agree with Allan, after missing most of the outdoor session through family issues I was looking forward to the indoor session and getting back to racing, being a paid up Batley member Whitcliffe was the first venue on my mind but someone has really dropped the ball on this one, I'm sure more will become clear at the AGM!!!!
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 07-11-2014

How do you know that Dianne had not tryed booking these dates in plenty of time and was not waiting for confermation? You can not blame anyone but the change of hands between managers at the centre, Dianne dose everything out of the good of her own heart altho she dose not have to, I don't see anyone els stepping up to the plate and trying to sort anything! I'm gutted that there's no indoor meetings as of yet too, but iv found plenty of other places to go to keep me going, if u could of made it to an indoor meeting then in sure you could make it to other clubs just as easy! Glitches happen hay oh life goes on and so will batley buggy club!!!
Old 08-11-2014
Admin

Ok, so I'm sure we don't want to turn a thread on our club section into a free for all like some others all too often seen on the forum...

So lets focus on what we can actually do:

I suggest we take the bookings in January before someone else does.

The 28th between Xmas worked great for us last year with a very well attended and enjoyable meeting, again I suggest we book this.

Other than speaking again to the sports centre to see if we can maybe have the other hall, there is little more that we can do in the interim.

I think questioning Dianne's commitment in trying to secure us suitable dates at Whitcliffe is ridiculous, the sports centre has to take responsibility for that one.

I also think Neil''s AGM comment needs to be viewed in a different way. Yes there will be an AGM, where I hope the CLUB members can agree to actually "club" together and share out some of the work needed to drive the club forward and allow it to grow and improve. It goes without saying that if everyone just leaves it all to Dianne, not only is it unfair, but it is also unrealistic to expect the club to continue let alone flourish and grow !!
Old 08-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Ok, so I'm sure we don't want to turn a thread on our club section into a free for all like some others all too often seen on the forum...

So lets focus on what we can actually do:

I suggest we take the bookings in January before someone else does.

The 28th between Xmas worked great for us last year with a very well attended and enjoyable meeting, again I suggest we book this.

Other than speaking again to the sports centre to see if we can maybe have the other hall, there is little more that we can do in the interim.

I think questioning Dianne's commitment in trying to secure us suitable dates at Whitcliffe is ridiculous, the sports centre has to take responsibility for that one.

I also think Neil''s AGM comment needs to be viewed in a different way. Yes there will be an AGM, where I hope the CLUB members can agree to actually "club" together and share out some of the work needed to drive the club forward and allow it to grow and improve. It goes without saying that if everyone just leaves it all to Dianne, not only is it unfair, but it is also unrealistic to expect the club to continue let alone flourish and grow !!
Well said
Old 08-11-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yup as John has said, the responsibility for this lies with the disorganisation of the sports centre, and possibly its threat of closure?

Personally my view is we should be looking for a new sunday indoor venue, but that may not be practical in the time frame, with the container and the like?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 08-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRalph77 View Post
I'm sure more will become clear at the AGM!!!!
Meaning, it's ok 1 paragraph comments on line but when do we sit down or group together and actually discuss or get informed of real club issues?

There can be a lot of he said she said mud slinging and rumours without ever speaking to anyone direct.

I'm sure view's will be aired suggestions will be made and comments can be explained.
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----

Last edited by NeilRalph77; 08-11-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-11-2014

I totally agree with John, and hope bookings can be confirmed from January on..!
As regards alternatives, Danny, ..Whitcliffe is 15 miles from home.... Bury Metro and Chadderton are about 55 miles and York is 40 miles..!... Fortunately, Cullingworth is only 12 miles..so there it is..!