Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 22-04-2015

Default ko propo esprit IV

Hi,

I am after peoples reviews on the Ko Propo Esprit 4, I am looking at buying one and I was hoping that some of you guys that already use it might be able to give me some advice on it?

Cheers
Old 23-04-2015

I'm interested to see some reviews on it too.
Old 23-04-2015

I changed to it from the Sanwa Exzes X. The finish on the mterials isn't as polished as the Sanwa but I don't care about that.

It performs great and the reason I prefer it is that it fits my hand much better than a Sanwa. Only changes I made to stock is that I bought the short sticks, and I also swapped the battery case for an Esprit III case as I didn't like the stock one as it has a humped back and sticks out.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 23-04-2015

Hi Allan,

Thank you for your review. I have heard that a couple of people have changed to shorter stick, why is this?

Does it make it easier to control or just simply down to the size of peoples hands?

Cheers
Pete
Old 23-04-2015
No trade access

About the same for me, less sturdy than my previous Sanwa Z but better fit for my hand (I'm used to the smaller case).

Very light, I like that. Easier menu to use than Sanwa, no doubt about it.

Got the short sticks too but it feels more quick to respond with them and I'm already heavy on throttle so I kept the stock ones.

Very good radio
Old 23-04-2015
Mad Member

I haven't bought a 4 yet, but keep seeing the comments about it not feeling as polished as the Z..

Worries me a bit as I bought a Z and it felt really cheap, so I went back to my universe..
Old 23-04-2015

Default Esprit IV

Hi guys,

I returned to racing at the back end of last year after quite a long lay off and saw that the new KO was about to launch, I had been using my trusty Futaba 3VCS FASST 2.4 but found it bulky and heavy whilst club racing LMP.

I had looked at the Sanwa offerings and did not particularly like the feel so this really made the final choice easy, so my order went in and I waited and waited!

Finally it arrived and quickly unboxed and in my hands it felt just the job, light and slim, the rear finger tabs nicely positioned, the stick rotation set on max and the tension springs wound up as I like to feel some resistance.

I also ordered the old flat battery cover and a flat slim lipo which required some modification to the cover.

All in all perfect for me, the programming is a doddle too, so a definite from me!
Old 23-04-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmulc View Post
Hi Allan,

Thank you for your review. I have heard that a couple of people have changed to shorter stick, why is this?

Does it make it easier to control or just simply down to the size of peoples hands?

Cheers
Pete
For me, the shorter sticks are due to the size of my hands as it just feels more comfortable to me. I can understand why it could make you feel like it was faster to respond but I definitely prefer them. Been thinking about this and the shorter sticks should feel slightly more responsive as the arc the stick travels in should have slightly less distance to travel, is that right?

2 things I forgot to add that people have reminded me. One is that it is lighter than the Sanwa, and two is that the menu's are far simpler and easier to work.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs

Last edited by Allan1875; 23-04-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 24-04-2015

Thanks for all the reviews, I have decided to bite the bullet and buy one

If I don't like it then I can always go back to my 3VCS
Old 26-04-2015

Default Esprit IV

From my experiences to date I am very happy with my purchase, I had never owned KO before always sticking with Futaba or JR sticks in the past as they were the quality radio of the day.

Yes the KO is light and slim but I do not think it flimsy at all and the matted moulding finish seems fine.

I have fairly large hands and the finger tabs on the rear really do help control the grip when things get exciting, which for my old brain is very often!

The jog wheel and button programming soon becomes second nature and the Schumacher video easily initiates those not familiar as I was originally.

I cannot comment on the racing experience with the latest Sanwa offering only having held one when I was making my decision and comparing it to an Esprit III, for me the choice was easy from that point.

Short sticks? Well I always have, it is the fastest way from A to B and less stress on the hands as you are not having to unconsciously stretch your thumb movements to match the full travel of the longer stick.

Yes it is a lot of money, is it worth it? Well that is down to the buyer but for me yes!
Old 28-04-2015

Well I finally bought a Ko propo Esprit 4 and all I can say is WOW! I used it tonight at club and what a difference it has made with my driving. Thank you everyone for the advice you gave,

The Esprit feels more natural in my hands and easier to control.
Old 03-05-2015

Why the hell is it you need to spend £400 on a decent stick tranny and receiver when you can buy a decent trigger set for like £100?!

I'm guessing at that price, tbh, madmulc
Old 04-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoea View Post
Why the hell is it you need to spend £400 on a decent stick tranny and receiver when you can buy a decent trigger set for like £100?!

I'm no expert but me and my son upgraded from a cheap set to Sanwa Gemini X and both found that it appeared to be more responsive in terms of steering and throttle input.
Old 04-05-2015

Quote:

The best way to understand this is....

If you had enough money to buy a new Ferrari is there any point when you could buy a Mazda MX5 which does the same thing as the Ferrari.

Ferrari vs Mazda

£450 handset VS £100 trigger handset.

No contest, Yes the £100 is good at what it does but not as good as the KO/£450. I have used my new handset three times now and found that my driving has improved. My local club run the same track for 7 weeks and since using my new handset I have gained an extra 2 laps.

Need I say anymore
Old 08-05-2015
Mad Member

Does anyone have any more views on this before I buy one

I'll be changing from an old Sanwa Exzes 2.4 and looking forward to small receivers

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 09-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Does anyone have any more views on this before I buy one

I'll be changing from an old Sanwa Exzes 2.4 and looking forward to small receivers
The ko comes with one micro receiver I then bought the £35 receiver from schumacher for my second car and noticed there is not a massive difference in size between the two.

My advice is DO IT! U will love it
Old 09-05-2015

Quote:

Most people can't drive both? I can't drive wheel.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs