Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 29-02-2016

Default TC02C T piece breakage idea

From all I've read so far I gather the T piece is prone to breakage ,is this caused by the lack of a Waterfall Mount ?
I'm guessing it needs the extra support ,now they have a mount on the motor plate , I was thinking of making a second mount useing two of the long scews that mount the motor plate and adding a plate on the other side of the gearbox ,over the motor and to another screw into the chassis next to the existing motor plate mounting.
is this worthwhile ?
Old 29-02-2016

I've never had a problem with the kit plastic T-plate breaking but Kev Lee has a carbon fibre one which also reduces chassis flex- http://www.insidelinemodels.com/insi...te-teamc-evo-p

HBI also do an aluminium version-
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164844
Old 29-02-2016

I was also considering something along those lines when they brought out the Evo, and the goal posts were moved.

It is the Evo T-Plate that has a history of breakage, rather than the original pre-evo version. The problem with the original was that it was too flexible, so your proposal would help there.

I made an aluminium T-Plate and front hanger for the pre-evo car to stiffen it up. I also made an aluminium gearbox but I guess that you will have migrated to the Evo before that might be needed! ;-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ant-squat 001a.jpg (395.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Antisquat.jpg (368.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg TC02C Rear 001.jpg (398.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Parts Photo 002a.jpg (584.9 KB, 11 views)

Old 29-02-2016

Cheers guys ,looks like i got the wrong end of the stick , I'm afraid rc cars are going to be on a tight budget (i fly heli's and do WW2 reanactment primarily as hobbies)so a evo or cnc parts are off the menu ,on the bright side i have my own lath and mill and very modest skill to make up parts , I already milled out a front suspension castle block and rear suspension rear hanger from ally so I my go ahead and make the mount as well if its extra stiffness will help.
Old 29-02-2016

Good luck with making the bits Dadio. Far more fun than driving the things!

Old 02-03-2016

Those parts are a work of art Clive ,very pretty ,I'm guessing you have a CNC mill ,mine is just a two axis hands on mill over lath bed machine ,time consuming but fine for one off's .
Old 02-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadio View Post
Those parts are a work of art Clive ,very pretty ,I'm guessing you have a CNC mill ,mine is just a two axis hands on mill over lath bed machine ,time consuming but fine for one off's .
Thanks mate.

Regarding your gear cover question, I have used a cut-down version of the Evo gear cover to fit my Dino gearbox. I would only use it if the body didn't give enough clearance over the spur gear. In which case I would cut the body to allow the gear cover to protrude through.

I am going to have to do this as I have fitted a long aluminium layshaft from a Kyosho, which facilitates the use of the Avid multi-plate slipper, which is fantastic! Sadly moving the spur gear sideways causes it to chew at the body.

I'm a tad confused because you started off asking questions about the TR02V2 RTR but we now seem to be referring to the mid-motor TC02C?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dino1a.jpg (101.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Avid Triad on Dino#2.jpg (110.2 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Clive Loynes; 02-03-2016 at 01:37 PM.