Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 20-03-2016

Default Front wishbone breakage

As the title say's I'm having front wishbone breakage problems ,I've broken 3 now ,1 was richly deserved ,the second was a fair hit but supprising it broke but the 3'rd today was really supprising ,my friend (driving my car ) T boned his RB6 ,my front wheel hitting his rear ,this was on sand and not that fast and it tore the front wishbone off and broke the plastic top mounting insert into the metal shock screw cap ,luckily i found the plastic part for the shock sold separatly.
So my question is ,is there much difference in strength in the dearer comp arms or is there a stronger other option ?
I measured up the RB6 arms and with a little work they could fit ,I've ordered up the comp option arms for now but I think I did before however I'm not sure wich car i put them on my TR02V2 or my TC02C ,I need to start making notes on what's fitted to what I guess .
Old 21-03-2016

Thumbs up Front wishbones

Totally empathise with you, have had the same dilemma. My understanding is that although they are the same arm, the composition of the material is slightly different. The more expensive ones T02016 seem to have a little more flex in them reducing breakages. However, the T02104 are almost half the price. I made the decision that until I could race an evening without a crash I would use T02104's.
Old 22-03-2016

Thanks , my driving i very rusty after a long break and I really must stop practicing in the road ,both these things ammount to avoidable breakages ,I've ordered a pair of the dearer ones to see what they are like so fingers crossed.