Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 14-04-2016

Default CVJ Failure

I had a loss of drive yesterday and found the C clip had aligned with the drive pin and the pin had walked out ,cut a gash in the lower arm as well ,luckily i found the sleeve part and just reassembled ,ordered a new arm and made sure the C clip is 90 degrees away from the pin.
This is all quite new to me still ,is there a way to prevent this from happening again ? maybe some locktight on the C clip ?
Old 14-04-2016

First time I've heard of this happening.

Perhaps the C-Clip is a little tired? You could try to close it up a tad with a pair of pliers.

Old 14-04-2016

Default C clip

I have had this happen to me on the rear centre shaft of my TM4 once, it's the same design as all of the driveshafts. I have found a way round this and it's very simple and almost free. If once assembled and as you say the clip twisted through 90 degrees to the pin, you then add a small 10mm long piece of heat shrink tube. This seems to keep everything in line and also stops dirt and dust getting into the pin/clip.
I have done this on all my Team C driveshafts on 2WD and 4WD and have never had the problem again.
Hope this helps.
Old 14-04-2016

The C clip seemed tight ,there was enough friction when i terned it 90 degrees ,I think it may be a one off but I like the heat shrink idea so I'm going to do that to be safe ,thanks guys .
Old 14-04-2016

Just put shrink tube around and this is it
Old 18-04-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I used to have this problem loads with the Associated CVA's back when I was running their cars. Back then the main culprit was always the back propshaft in the B44 - the pin would come out and cut a nice groove in your lipo's

What I do now is put a dot of threadlock into the groove in the axle where the retaining ring sits, make sure to put the dot at 90 degrees to the CVA pin so you don't threadlock your driveshaft solid!

The threadlock is enough to stop the ring spinning but dead easy to release when you want to take everything apart.