Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 18-05-2013

Default DEX210 RTR Radio (TDTX1) Help!

I am not a noob but feel like one after getting this radio set, completely baffled by it.

Short question is should you get any power LEDs on the control panel if you just put 4AA's in the radio and switch it on?? forget binding, I havent got that far.

The radio appeared DOA when I took it out the box, I put 4AA's in the battery case tried to do the bind process and nothing on the handset when switched on, no LEDs or sign of life. So I tried different batteries even though they were fully charged eneloops. Checked micro plug from battery holder to radio, and solder points all looks good.

Receiver and ESC LEDs come on fine with lipo plugged in.

I spoke to Durango and they kindly sent me another one, which is exactly the same!! no power, no LEDS, am I missing something?

I'm going to use my own stick radio system anyway but am bemused by this radio set.
Old 18-05-2013

Hi

I have just got the same package and after putting in 4 batteries and switching on at the back, I get a green and red light on the top control panel on the remote so all seems ok. Not done anything with car yet so above is purely batteries in handset.
Old 18-05-2013

Thanks, that is what I'd expect, a Power LED.

When I spoke to Durango they were quite surprised I was reporting a faulty unit, I don't think it's a common problem, I just find it amazing I've now had 2! You start to doubt yourself in this situation but I've asked my missus to look at the instructions and she agrees both radios simply dont work.

Guess I need to call them again
Old 18-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Sounds like you are using Duracell batteries, they dont fit many electrical products well, if this is the case try a different brand!
Old 18-05-2013

i have that radio set and all lights should illuminate when switched on mine does
Old 18-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bally View Post
Sounds like you are using Duracell batteries, they dont fit many electrical products well, if this is the case try a different brand!
Thanks - I initially thought it could be battery fit but have since tried eneloop, sony, turnigy and vapextech AAs
Old 18-05-2013

Default batteries

Just an idea

Are the batteries in the right way round.
Dex 410r
Kyosho MP6E
Kyosho RB6
Schumacher Cougar SV2
Radio Control News Facebook page click link
M B MODELS
Old 18-05-2013

Hi All,

Got my new RTR DEX210 and batteries all charged and ready to go. Problem is I cant get the radio set to bind. I have lights on the receiver flashing ready, but when I press in the bind button on the receiver nothing happens. I have followed the step by step guide in exactly the right way (Ie removing cable to motor and switching on in sequence etc). really weired as should be a simple task.

Fit Battery>Remove motor wire>Insert bind plug in Ch 3>Switch on ESC>Reveiver light flashes>Hold down bind button and turn on transmitter>Status LED stops blinking (Only it doesnt).

Bit gutted as want to have a go outside before the mighty Northampton Town take on Bradford in the Playoff final this afternoon
Old 18-05-2013

Default binding

Just a suggestion

Turn on transmitter then hold bind button
Dex 410r
Kyosho MP6E
Kyosho RB6
Schumacher Cougar SV2
Radio Control News Facebook page click link
M B MODELS
Old 18-05-2013

Cheers Dewdrop. Unfortunately didnt work. Just got my brother around who has also just got a car. Used his transmitter on my car and it worked fine. On this basis I think my transmitter is faulty.

Still, at least I know so I can sort out.
Old 03-07-2013

Did you manage to get working tx's in the end?

I am just considering a DEX210 RTR as they are a very good price at the moment, but I am starting to wonder if the RTR is now reduced so heavily for a reason... how are yours?
Old 03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgio View Post
Did you manage to get working tx's in the end?

I am just considering a DEX210 RTR as they are a very good price at the moment, but I am starting to wonder if the RTR is now reduced so heavily for a reason... how are yours?
These RTRs are a bargain in my opinion. Ideal for someone like me who is getting back into off roading after a 20 year break.

The radio is fine, it was the batteries. the radio doesnt like rechargeable cells such as eneloops, its a voltage thing apparently.

As far as the DEX210 goes, its a great car out of the box, the Speed Passion kit is very nice, underpowered for larger outdoor tracks but you can get slightly faster 9.5t motors from rcmart that run with the same esc (see the motor thread).

I've also bought the DESC210 Short Course RTR truck which I like even more, great for hooning round the garden and very tough.
Old 04-07-2013

I'm glad you said that because I've just bought one!

Like I said, I did wonder at first if there was a problem causing the huge reductions but after scouring the internet for some sort of bad review and failing I decided to buy one quick before they all sold out!

Since then however I have found this review from Jang at the ultimateRCnetwork: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB_k...e_gdata_player

I assume this has all the same electrics, if so this may be the reason for the reductions... Oh well, we've got the rtr for the same price as the kit so I'll swap these out as my skills progress and until then use these to get some practise down at the track!