Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 29-06-2013

Default Dex 210 9T motor

Hi all. Could someone tell me if a 9t motor is suitable for the dex 210 or would it wheel spin a lot. Cheers !

Dave.
FTX Vantage
Cen FF.NT
Old 29-06-2013

Where will you be running???? I run 8.5 at Mansfield indoor and 6.5 at RHR so a 9 will be fine

Shells by Number5designs

My Local clubs Mansfield & RHR
Old 29-06-2013
Mad Member

Will the esc handle it? (If it's an rtr)
Old 29-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr View Post
Will the esc handle it? (If it's an rtr)
gonna be close.. std RTR esc handles down to 9.5 turn
~Schumacher KF2~
~Schumacher Atom~
~BSR Basher-RallyX~
~Ascociated RC8.2e RallyX~
~TeamC T8EV3 RallyX~
phat bodies
worm-racing
http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk
Old 29-06-2013

Thanks lads. I am looking at a combo with matched esc, running wise no track as yet but hoping to join a club before long and they run indoors and not sure of what surface it is. I really just wanted to know if that size goes with the 210 ok.
FTX Vantage
Cen FF.NT
Old 29-06-2013

A 9t motor is a 380 in a 540 can. A little more kv than maybe a 8.5t motor, but draws a lot less amp.
Old 29-06-2013

So does that make it less or more powerfull than the stock 13.5 540.

Dave.
FTX Vantage
Cen FF.NT
Old 29-06-2013
BANNED

A 9T motor will be good for a new racer competing indoors at York club, it will be plenty fast enough.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 29-06-2013

I use a 9.5t motor with the stock esc that comes in the ready to run.

I got the speed passion one so no soldering is required as you just pull the motor tabs out and plug the new one in.

http://www.rcmart.com/speed-passion-...cPath=1560_946

I havent raced with the new motor yet, that will be done on the 7th but I have done some testing on my street and in my garden and temps seem okay, nothing excessively hot, just warm. And I dont have any cooling holes in my shell..

But I have noticed a positive difference in performance though and is a lot better than the stock motor
Old 29-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The Ezrun 9t is a very good system for a new driver in 2wd. Its capable of a decent turn of speed, but without the massive torque true 540 motors produce, which makes it a lot easier to drive.
The only downside is its not sensored so doesn't work as well at low speeds as more expensive systems.

Oh, and the Ezrun esc is rather tall, which is a problem in the 210 as the shell is quite low. I'd get the 60A esc rather than the 35A (which is right at its limit with the 9t anyway) and then take the fan off to make it low enough.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 30-06-2013

Hi I'm thinking off buying speed passion combo for my durango does any off speed passion need soldering as not to good at soldering thanks
Old 30-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
Oh, and the Ezrun esc is rather tall, which is a problem in the 210 as the shell is quite low. I'd get the 60A esc rather than the 35A (which is right at its limit with the 9t anyway) and then take the fan off to make it low enough.
+1. I'm running significantly over specced escs in both my 210s, and no fan. I think I have about 4 turns worth of head room before the escs get near to their limits!
Old 01-07-2013

Not sure how available the Tekin esc's are over there...but an rs-pro fits nicely in front of my mid motor 210. I run a small fan blowing on the motor in the side pod..dont think it's needed for the esc at all. Using a trinity 7 turn d3 with some boost (indoor carpet).
Old 01-07-2013

I too was thinking about getting different motor and ecu for my 210 rtr as goin to use stock one in different car, club im going to start racing at a lot use 7.5t so was thinking about one of them in speed passion,
but would the stock clutch be ok with this? and the gearing would need to be changed? if so how would I know how many tooths?
Old 02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshyjol View Post
I use a 9.5t motor with the stock esc that comes in the ready to run.

I got the speed passion one so no soldering is required as you just pull the motor tabs out and plug the new one in.

http://www.rcmart.com/speed-passion-...cPath=1560_946

I havent raced with the new motor yet, that will be done on the 7th but I have done some testing on my street and in my garden and temps seem okay, nothing excessively hot, just warm. And I dont have any cooling holes in my shell..

But I have noticed a positive difference in performance though and is a lot better than the stock motor
Thanks for the link, great price!! I have ordered a couple for my 210 buggy and SC. I ran the RTR buggy on a large astro track and it was good enough but lacked power down the main straight, hopefully the 9.5r will be enough at my skill level.
Old 02-07-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team 36 View Post
Hi I'm thinking off buying speed passion combo for my durango does any off speed passion need soldering as not to good at soldering thanks
Not many don't need any soldering at all (can't think of any actually!) Might be better off tapping up a club mate to solder for you, or learn how to do it yourself.
My soldering doesn't look too good, but its functional!
Old 02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgeracer View Post
A 9t motor is a 380 in a 540 can. A little more kv than maybe a 8.5t motor, but draws a lot less amp.
Eh ??

They are all 540 motors, none are 380's.

A 9t motor will inherintly have less end point RPM and draw less amps than an 8.5t, which in turn has less of both than an 8t and so on.

The only comment I would make is that it seems you are new to the sport perhaps, or to at least 2wd maybe. If thats the case be aware the 9t will still be pretty quick so take it easy. The DEX210 drive train will easilly handle the power output, it handles my 7.5t fine and I know others running lower winds also. Depends also on the size of the track you will be racing on if it is small then perhaps a higher wind may be more appropriate.

Have you visited the club at all ? If not do so and see what the guys there advise on

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 02-07-2013

Some more pics of the motor I suggested, not the same turn in the link but same model. Just in regards to the no soldering question, you can see the tabs on the back that just plug and unplug. The 210 rtr esc already has these connectors on so you literally plug in, mesh up and away you go!

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...=SPRSP138175V3
Old 02-07-2013

I use SP motors and Tekin speedo's. The motor's are excellent, definately worth it.

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo90 View Post
Eh ??

They are all 540 motors, none are 380's.

A 9t motor will inherintly have less end point RPM and draw less amps than an 8.5t, which in turn has less of both than an 8t and so on.

The only comment I would make is that it seems you are new to the sport perhaps, or to at least 2wd maybe. If thats the case be aware the 9t will still be pretty quick so take it easy. The DEX210 drive train will easilly handle the power output, it handles my 7.5t fine and I know others running lower winds also. Depends also on the size of the track you will be racing on if it is small then perhaps a higher wind may be more appropriate.

Have you visited the club at all ? If not do so and see what the guys there advise on
Hi there,
Could you please post a link to a 9t motor thats a true 540 motor?
The only one I know of are the Ezrun series with cooling fins on the can.
I thought it was common knowledge that its a 380 in 540 size, together with the 10t, 12t and 13t in the same series.
The Hobbywing Ezrun 9T motor has 4300kv and the Hobbywing 8.5t motor has 4200kv

Last edited by ridgeracer; 02-07-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Kv information added