Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 25-05-2013

Default Flashing red ESC light

Hi All,

Need a bit of advise as a little new to all this. I have brought the Durango 210 RTR and have changed the controller to a Stick set Tamco 330 (the one supplied in the box didn't work but that's another story).

I have bound the Transmitter to the car and it works in terms of movement. The only thing is the red light on the ESC continues to flash. Reading in the manual a flashing red light is low drive battery voltage.

However, this was the case even when a fully charged battery was connected. When trying things I noted the light does not flash when only the car is on! Yet as soon as the transmitter is in the light flashes again.

Any idea as a little lost. Not sure if there are steps I should take to stop this or if performance is effected?

Any help would be appreciated. Not sure if I should have posted in the electrics part of the forum but thought I would try here first.
Old 26-05-2013

Because you have a new tx you probably need to set the throttle range (with the red button on the on/off switch).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spdpssnesc.jpg (369.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 26-05-2013

Hi Gunthar,

I did go through this process last night by pressing the red button and doing neutral, full throttle and full break at the different beeps. Still had a flashing red light. Maybe I will try again?

TX is a Tamco 330 with percentage settings etc.
Old 26-05-2013

Is it not your battery voltage?

I have the RTR and the red light flashes to signal low voltage..
Old 26-05-2013

In the manual, page 5 section 3, it states the normal running of the "Cirtix Stock Race ESC Only" as being in normal use the red LED will blink continuously, the yellow LED goes on which means you are in neutral point, the yellow LED goes out when the car is run forward and will light up in neutral or under braking.
Old 07-06-2013

hi everyone. I have the same problem exactly as this and my manual says its low drive voltage but the battery is fully charged.The above info is not in my manual but contradicts what the Durango manual says. I have downloaded the speed passion manual for my esc and it does indeed say the light flashes under normal use so now I am just utterly confused. Is there a problem or not ? I dare not use it now.

Dave.
Old 11-06-2013

This ESC is supposed to have a flashing red LED in normal operation to illustrate it is in blinky mode i.e standard setup with no timing or boost, I've got one in my Schumacher Supastox too aswell as in the RTR DEX210. Thats why it is called a "stock club" esc.

Hope this helps. For reference, I didnt need to reset throttle range on mine when I switched to a stick radio from the durango trigger one.
Old 12-06-2013

Cheers mate. I have since seen on the sp website their esc specs and it says on there that the stock club should flash in normal operation it was just the rtr manual gives incomplete info.

Dave.
FTX Vantage
Cen FF.NT