Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 12-03-2010

Send a message via MSN to BRS

Ahahaha wondered how long it would take you

1. I already had the paint from my buggy left
2. Son wanted to be team Duracell
3. We dont worry about copying your scheme lol
Old 12-03-2010

LOL I'm going to copy it too one of these days. Nice track jan. I noticed all the marshals on chairs there in UK (this is like the 4th track i have seen that) is that typical for europe too cuz we dont do that very often in the states. Just wondering.
Old 13-03-2010

Talking

Here is a few pics.

8ight-T E 2.0 w/ MMM and 2200kv, ThunderPower 5000mah 40C, JR 9100T, JConcepts Illuzion Punisher body

8ight-E 2.0 w/ MMM and 1800kv, ThunderPower 5000mah 40c, AE DS1015, Proline Slipstream Body

Figured I would throw in this of my Slash 4x4 PE, since it matches. All stock, Proline Hardcore body

Here they are at the track the other weekend.

Old 13-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwipf View Post
I noticed all the marshals on chairs there in UK (this is like the 4th track i have seen that) is that typical for europe too cuz we dont do that very often in the states. Just wondering.
Was in Denmark, not the UK - anyway - noone wants to stand up all 45 minutes. Drivers hardly made any mistakes plus it made it easier to see the track, not having marshalls blocking certain parts of it. It was indoor since the entire country was covered in 50cm of snow at the time, and the track wasnt THAT big if you compare it to the typical outdoor track. If we had the marshalls stand up, it'd block the vision for several drivers in several corners around the track.
Old 19-03-2010

Thinking of converting my nitro 1/8 buggy to brushless, do you guys simply bolt the motor where the nitro motor was direct onto the spur gear i.e. no clutch?
Old 19-03-2010
Mad Member

The rear part of the centre diff mounting is usually replace with a CNC aluminium part which holds the motor and the pinion it the directly agains the spur gear for direct drive.
The CNC part usually places the motor on the opposite side of where the nitro engine goes. Then with the engine and fuel tank gone the speed controller and battery are then put in their place.
There are some newer layouts where is you are running individual 2s lipo packs you run one pack either side to keep the centre of gravity lower and balance the car more.
I currently use the Tekno RC conversion on my Losi 8B and this has the option of using a clutch or direct drive and mechanical brakes. One benefit of the mechanical brakes on the Tekno RC conversion is that it removes the braking from the electric motor and reduces the temperature and you can still alter the front to rear braking bias.
Some aluminium conversion plates state you can use mechanical brakes but from what I have seen is that they only allow one disc to be used and it is usually the front one. Obviously the down side of mechanical brakes is that you need to run an extra servo and need a transmitter capable of channel mixing for it to work although you could probably get an electronic mixer from a model shop that does aircarft to do the same job.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 20-03-2010

quick photo update

Old 10-05-2010
Mad Member

im doing my conversion on my x2crt , the only thing im not sure about is where to mount my receiver , theres a space behind the motor, do you reckon it will be ok there ... i was'nt sure about motor/receiver interference ....
Old 10-05-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Just converted a Hyper 8.5, will post some pics up... cars all dusty already.
Old 11-05-2010

My hyper 7E

MMM, Castle/Neu 1800KV, 5s.

New wing on the way, ook a heavy landing

It ain't pretty, but it works.

Sorry about the crappy phone pics
Old 29-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feight View Post
My hyper 7E

MMM, Castle/Neu 1800KV, 5s.

New wing on the way, ook a heavy landing

It ain't pretty, but it works.

Sorry about the crappy phone pics
I have a Hyper 7 I am looking to convert. Can you tell me what motor mount you are using?

Thanks!
Old 30-07-2010

I cant tell what he has but look at Elite RCD mount they are the best made out there. Easy to remove motors, adjust or change pinions and internal bearing on mount makes your BL motor bearings last much longer as it acts as a dust barrier and shares stress and vibrations that can over time blow the front bearings of BL motors.

http://www.elitercd.com/
Old 30-07-2010
Banned

they look well good and well made
Old 31-07-2010

Quote:
I cant tell what he has but look at Elite RCD mount they are the best made out there. Easy to remove motors, adjust or change pinions and internal bearing on mount makes your BL motor bearings last much longer as it acts as a dust barrier and shares stress and vibrations that can over time blow the front bearings of BL motors.

Have several of these mounts very good, oh and onre of is Battery trays aswell,very good Products

E REVO
BAJA,SS TS REED
All The Gear,and No Idea!!
4PKS,4PL
PILLOW CASE CREW
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29834
Old 31-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacky187 View Post
I have a Hyper 7 I am looking to convert. Can you tell me what motor mount you are using?

Thanks!
Mine is the ansmann hyper 8 motor mount with a washer under each side to make it the same height as the stock hyper 7 diff mount. I had to make a whole different plate to bolt the battery tray to.

Quote:

That is one very nice mount I wish I had one of those
Old 07-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
In chronological order:
Losi 8ight conversion - no pics I'm afraid.
Hyper 9E

Hot Bodies D8E V1

Hot Bodies D8E V2

XB808 (most recent and most successful).

Unfortunately, I haven't got any pics of my XB808's bodyshell (and it's gone now ), but it was brilliant.

I'll have to see if I can find any...
awesome buggies marvin... love the d8e with the nitro engine and fuel tank crossed out haha gave me a good laugh

i'm almost done just need to paint the body up
Old 09-08-2010

Speaking of Marvin. I haven't seen him post much lately. Where is he?
Old 23-08-2010

Here are some pics of my J-Concepts Illuzion Kyosho MP9 shell fitted to my Vorza ready for the last round of our summer series. Not much time so it got the one can treatment.

Old 24-08-2010

Speaking of Vorzas, here's another one;

Old 18-10-2010

Send a message via MSN to Zahir144

Kyosho MP9E with Mamba Monster 2200KV Combo, Orion 5100 Molecular 4S 40C LiPO & Ace Servo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA170199.jpg (42.8 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg PA170202.jpg (53.4 KB, 93 views)