Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 23-12-2011

Default PRIMROSE VALLEY MODEL WEEK 2012

Ok people, get these dates in your diary and get booked up!!

The annual Primrose Valley Model Week (Now in it's 29th ish year!) will take place between the 12th-19th May 2012 at Havens superb Primrose Valley Holiday Park at Filey near Scarborough.
Once again we will be offering a week of relaxed fun racing for both on and off road racers, catering for all classes (numbers permitting). Race as much or as little as you like on our cliff top tracks, bring the family and make the most of all the on site facilities including swimming pools, arcades, entertainment, restaurants and most importantly, Bars!!.

We are a group of volunteers and racers who lay on back to back on and off road tracks and organise heats running during the day from Sunday through to Wednesday with grand finals for all on Thursday.

The whole aim of the week is to get all racers and enthusiasts together for some quality racing and banter during the day, then a good laugh and natter in the bars in the evening, with one or two (or ten!) beers.

I have been involved with the organisation and running of the week for several years now, and cant wait for each year to come round as it is so much fun, with great company.

I will be adding the race schedule, classes and some pictures for previous years over the next few weeks, if you would like more information please feel free to contact me either on here or on 07786400841, also you can check out our website www.primrosevalleyrcmodelweek.co.uk

Many thanks,
Barry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1032.jpg (394.2 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0678.jpg (174.6 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0569.jpg (169.6 KB, 40 views)
Old 23-12-2011

Will the 18th scale allow the bigger 16ths???
Old 23-12-2011

Default 1/18 scale

Yes we run all scales, generally the micros run together but if there are enough of each class 1/18 or 1/16 we will run separate heats. its a great week I've been doing it for about 20 years would'nt miss it. Bring it on. Ashley
Old 23-12-2011

Default pvmw

i will be there again , attended this for a few years now its a great week , plenty of racing and well organised. roll on may.
Old 23-12-2011
BANNED

Filey is boss.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 24-12-2011
Mad Member

The motley crew have got the dates in diary and our caravan is already booked ;

As per usual really looking forward to this week where you meet up with some great people and have a great overall week

The racing is next to none and please yourself what you race,what day and when this is the whole thing i like a great experience,laid back and a great well ran week

Looking forward to seeing some old and new faces in 2012
Old 24-12-2011

We will be there again in May. Me, Julie and Matt already have our caravan booked. Dave H will be there too. If you have'nt been on this week your missing out on a great week. Its good, laid back, and a chance to meet up with friends each year.
Old 26-12-2011

Default prim rose

mint week we all booked in carnt wait for may:thumbs up::thumbs up:
Old 28-12-2011

Start of one of the crt.5/hyper heats. 1/12th off road always well supported, dig yours out!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2004_01044-11-080124[1].jpg (171.8 KB, 37 views)
Old 03-01-2012

The Johnson family will be there if someone can come up with a good reason for a dinner lady and two kids to be off school for a week?!!! Any suggestions most welcome.

Caravan is booked anyway. Can't possibly list all the cars we will race/bring too many. Brilliant week been going for over 20 years now and the kids love it.
Old 03-01-2012

Can anyone suggest some decent BnB's etc for around this area. I'd really love to go

I've looked at the haven site of course, was just wondering what other options are available.

Thanks.

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 04-01-2012

Default 1/10 touring cars

hi would you be running a 1/10th eletric touring class
Old 04-01-2012

The classes we usually run are:
On Road, 1/10th electric, 1/10th nitro, 1/12th oval, micros and our popular Tamiya mini cup!
Off Road, 1/10th electric, 1/8th rallycross, 1/12th nitro (crt.5 & hyper st's), 1/10th electric stadium trucks, Truggys.

As for B+B I'm not too sure where the best places to stay would be, everyone tends to stay on site. All I can suggest is search B+B's in either Filey or Scarborough on Google.

I will post up a timetable soon.
Old 29-04-2012

I think someone needs to change the forum link on the model week website to point here instead of the one it does now which has had just 3 topics in 3 years, 2 of which were started by me! I had no idea you were on an active forum here until I heard by word of mouth....

Looking forward to it again, caravan booked, cars beaten back into shape and mini bought. I'm going to be in 6 maybe 7 classes this year
Old 29-04-2012

Good stuff Alex, you may as well race in as many different classes as possible.
I'm just hoping the weather will give us a break! Fingers crossed we will have an unexpected heat wave!