Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 13-01-2012

Default argh! esc and motor Turnigy Brushless for a scrt10

Hi need to know if any one has used one of these

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...65Kv_150A.html

and if this would be any good for a scrt 10, I'm not racing, more bashing I surpose. Have an ezrun 60a and a vellion or something and it's a bit rubbish even on a 5000ma 2cell 45c lipos. I just don't want to pay out more money on a setup that just doesn't have the power I'm looking for.
Old 23-01-2012

Couple of thoughts. Thats ESC looks physically pretty big, might be an issue. The motor would prob be ok but I would prefer higher Kv.

I'm running a tenshock 4600Kv motor with an EZrun SC8 ESC . Goes very well
Old 23-01-2012

I've no idea what the quality of these systems are like, but i've recently started running the Turnigy Servos, and after 2 meetings they still feel very good, i'm really impressed, they feel just as good as any other servos i've ran before like savox and futaba, and i've had no trouble competing at a fairly high level with them. If thats anything to go by, i'd say the rest of their products should be pretty good, especially if you only plan to use it for 'bashing'

Ash

KYOSHO

KYOSHO - TEAM ORION POWERED - NOVAROSSI - CUSTOM BLITZ
Old 24-01-2012

Default Speed and POWER !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdigger View Post
Hi need to know if any one has used one of these

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...65Kv_150A.html

and if this would be any good for a scrt 10, I'm not racing, more bashing I surpose. Have an ezrun 60a and a vellion or something and it's a bit rubbish even on a 5000ma 2cell 45c lipos. I just don't want to pay out more money on a setup that just doesn't have the power I'm looking for.
What motor are you running ? This would have more bearing on speed and power output. Should be something reading like 10.5 for a sensored brusless motor or if only in kv should be something like 2250 for a sensorless motor.
Let us know what ESC you have installed at the moment as both listed will work but probably on their own Limit for what you want to do.

For better ESC look up Hobbywing XERUN 120a on fleabay they specifically do a short course version which is cheap currently !
Old 24-01-2012

Default Turnigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarter throttle View Post
I've no idea what the quality of these systems are like, but i've recently started running the Turnigy Servos, and after 2 meetings they still feel very good, i'm really impressed, they feel just as good as any other servos i've ran before like savox and futaba, and i've had no trouble competing at a fairly high level with them. If thats anything to go by, i'd say the rest of their products should be pretty good, especially if you only plan to use it for 'bashing'

Ash
Am also running some Turnigy gear as it seemed cheap enough to not worry about warranty etc !
Running their Nanotech 2c 5300mah Lipo's and Dirt cheap X 10.5 sensored brushless motor.
Both doing the job very well and no complaints thus far.