Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 11-09-2013

Default Vampire speedo

Hope someone can help, I have the vampire +sr speedo reedy lipos tekin 13.5t motor and whatever I do the car has no punch or good top end power.
Tried sensor wires,
Gearing up and down
Every setting on speedo and timing on motor
None of above gives anything different in peformance.
Could it be the spedo is not suited to stock racing or is there something I am missing.
Any advice much appreciated

Last edited by gav4wd; 11-09-2013 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Word
Old 12-09-2013
#1 ZX5 fan

The PTS is what you want to make sure is on Max i.e. 6 flashes though I think that is how it comes from stock. You can up the punch too however as you're saying none of this makes any difference I'm wondering are your end points calibrated corrently as if you're not at 100% throttle I don't think the timing can work properly.

Dan

Nortech is ACE!
Old 12-09-2013

Thanks for reply yes all end points set to max (120%)
everything is set to max on spedo
Motor gets hot after race depending on what I've tried I.e gearing etc
Brakes are very good and it's very smooth just has no get up and go and seems at one speed throughout track.
Old 12-09-2013

What batteries are you running?
Old 12-09-2013

2 month old Reedys
Old 12-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Have you got the current limiter on? This very much controls the punch feel and initial power delivered to the motor.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav4wd View Post
everything is set to max on spedo
If your current limiter is set on Max, that's your problem...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-09-2013

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim

Quote:
Motor gets hot after race depending on what I've tried I.e gearing etc
I have no experience with this speedo or motor; however, what you describe is exactly the symptoms I had on my speed passion GT2 speedo.

It actually turned out to be the software.
I was running my "stock" motor and speed settings on software that was for mod. This caused heat and a drop in performance (weirdly?!)

When I updated the software to "stock" with no timing, suddenly my car was much better, and the heat dropped off.

Hope it helps.
Old 13-09-2013

Thanks again for help.
Yes the current limit was set to factory setting 100% as I believed that was giving everything.
Reset to lowest amount 50% and give a try on Wed hope it goes like I have stole it for a change
Old 13-09-2013
Mad Member

The current limit setting is how much current you are getting. So 100% is full, whilst 50% is the minimum. It's all in p5 of the manual.
Old 13-09-2013
Mad Member

Try setting the transmitter to 100% travel instead of 120% and do the setup on the speedo again. A lot of speedos don't like the travel being set to over 100%.
Old 14-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Thanks again for help.
Yes the current limit was set to factory setting 100% as I believed that was giving everything.
Reset to lowest amount 50% and give a try on Wed hope it goes like I have stole it for a change
No, 100 is full current limit, so maximum limit on the current, lowest punch effect. Set it to 0 (no flashes) for current limit off. Try it...
Setting 50% is least amount of current limit, and 100% is most limit.

Manual: http://www.sven-rudig.com/downloads/...SR1-Manual.pdf
Old 14-09-2013

Confused . Com!
Two people are saying two different things one saying 100% is max limited (ltd meaning lowest) and one is saying 50% is max ltd which one is it lol.
Also the manual is not over discriptive!
Also as far as I have tried twice to turn the limiter to off goes straight from 100% to one flash 50%.
Have tried exp to 100 still same.
So after all the advice sounds like I have done everything right so. Does this mean it possible is not a stock racing spedo I am asking for something it cannot give?.
Thx again for advice

Last edited by gav4wd; 14-09-2013 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Spell
Old 14-09-2013

Why don't you try with current limiter at min and max settings, it can't take too long to try it and if its the cause the difference should be obvious. But it does look like the speedo programming is as Neal describes, but did you do any programming on the speedo before using it as I thought Vampires cam with all motor power settings at full (max punch, timing advance and no current limiter) from the factory. Also are you using it on 1S or 2S?
Old 14-09-2013
Mad Member

Yes timing is set to maximum out of the box.
Old 14-09-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
No, 100 is full current limit, so maximum limit on the current, lowest punch effect. Set it to 0 (no flashes) for current limit off. Try it...
Setting 50% is least amount of current limit, and 100% is most limit.

Manual: http://www.sven-rudig.com/downloads/...SR1-Manual.pdf
I read it as how much current you get, if you set at 100% then there would be no current supplied and no movement! Plus a speedo that will not give you more than at 50% current...?

In my interpretation, 50% gives you 50% current, 100% gives you max current.

When I've set current down to 50% I've found the response a little softer but YMMV.
Old 14-09-2013

Yes I used straight out of the box as it comes, then tried various changes after.
Yes its set on 2s lipo.
all that will be different when I race next will be end points set at 100% not 120%, and I will try current limiter to 50% and try but I read this setting as most are saying should be at 100% as I have been running.
question is there anyone else using it as a stock speedo or is everyone using it for modified racing, talking within the club I race at one was using a lrp speedo and found exactly the same no power and getting hot so has gone back to a 60amp Hobbywing and now flying.
Reason I changed from Hobbywing was due to it being like a switch on /off now gone backwards with the Vampire with no speed just acts as though sensor wire is broken but as stated ive tried 3 can't be all broken.
Old 15-09-2013
#1 ZX5 fan

Ref current 100% = no limiting

Out of the box everything is max except acceleration (punch) can be increased though in stock I don't know if this would be noticable.

I have also heard of previous speedos not liking EPA>100% as it can't see the full range of the stick so the last bit of movement is 'wasted'. I would reset throttle EPA to 100%, perform full speedo reset and calibration and try again, if still no joy contact Darren at DMS directly for advice.

Dan

Nortech is ACE!
Old 15-09-2013

Thanks Dan sounds like the best thing to do is ring Mr Boyle and ask, I will call him on Tuesday see what he has to offer on it.
Old 15-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Try it on all settings and determine with testing. Could do it in 10 mins in the street.

Drop Rich Lowe a message... He'll be able to tell you.

Have you tried a different motor?