Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 30-08-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelrc View Post
I think this td flex system people won't use the screws to adjust it. I think people will buy this kit then use a thread locked stud in to side pods ( on the adjuster bolt ) then use an m3 nyloc nut on top of the rubber and brace then at least then it won't loosen and you can put a little scratch on the Ali brace ( both sides ) then you can count the flats on the nuts for reliable and accurate adjustment. Hope this makes sense?
Or you could also do what I previously suggested with the td new brace
Would have been ace if it had some calibrated print with mm increments.... Would look very bling and grown up. Maybe someone (Ashton) could make up a sticker.
Funny this thread is so anti anybody else thinking other than td
As td was conceived buy an engineer that made his own cars, as he thought he could do better himself!
Yes and I know nothing me.... When I bought one of those cars back in about 2005ish and said it was an amazing car .. Kept banging on about it when most had forgotten td..... I was also told I don't know what I am on about by ooplers
I don't think you allways need to purchase and try stuff first before commenting, that kind of opinion comes from corporate money machines lol
I know you guys don't like me but how many thing have I been correct about? Cat belts etc, 22 motor position and geometry , how good the Durango is etc
Smug got me LOL!
Old 30-08-2011
Banned

Rebel is ok, the problem is your not allowed an opinion on oople

either way I agree with you, and would never drive anything other than durango, im also aware of the effort and research than goes into these parts so I would have bought one anyway regardless of this thread or not.

people need to chill and bring a bit of humor back on here rather than slating each others knowledge of RC and or their profession.

its a hobby were all here for the same reason so lets have some peace and love
Old 30-08-2011

designers at td did a good job.

Sales and advertising misled the consumer, hence this thread.

If it had been described as it was intended to be used none of these posts would have been posted. Or have to be deleted
Old 30-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlip View Post
Rebel is ok, the problem is your not allowed an opinion on oople
+1000

Quote:
Sales and advertising misled the consumer, hence this thread.
so because a toy car part was incorrectly described, in your eyes, it needed a whole thread to bash TD??

on a lighter note, did anyone see the TD drivers at the Euros weren't the D-Links. wonder why?
Old 30-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8rtot View Post
+1000

so because a toy car part was incorrectly described, in your eyes, it needed a whole thread to bash TD??

on a lighter note, did anyone see the TD drivers at the Euros weren't the D-Links. wonder why?
No I didn't bash TD. I raised a concern that what was being advertrised, was unusable.
However it turned out the protduct was good th description was poor.
Old 30-08-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8rtot View Post
+1000

Couldn't have put it better myself,

and @ Jkclifford, Seriously..?? Just move on. Its just down to the wording.
Old 30-08-2011
Banned

Tbh there was a bit of TD thrashing being done, I may have done it in the past when I first got my rango

But now I know alot more about them and the buggy I couldn't sing better praises about them and every product they do! Maybe as a result of all my TD promoting ive been doing the Durango count at bury has gone from 1 to 5!

Just ask stotty and minke for a start!

Anyways let's move on and hope Durango release some more option parts soon!!
Old 30-08-2011
Mad Member

I can't see any td bashing in this thread
Just one confused customer that was told he was wrong! Then it turned out he was right lol everybody was right! Lol
As for bashing td James loves his 410 and has encouraged many to buy one as have I . There must be 30 of them at our club alone
And tartot you say that your not allowed an opinion on here then bash James for having one, and his opinion of how to go about this job of flex was the same as td so he must be as knowledgeable as the td designer.
we are not bashing td at all they are the best Rc car manufacturers as we have always campaigned (with no thanks lol)we just love them and are very passionate about them.... James more than anyone
Can we put this to bed now
Chill and stop trying to fish for a reaction
Cheers guys
Old 30-08-2011

this reminds me of what we raced 1991... superoldschool...

I raced a Yankee 1/8 buggy in the end 80s and early 90s. They came up with the funniest rear constructions you can imagine. But on the very rough tracks in that times it worked quite well (if it did not break...). And it was fully adjustable.

The image is taken from Yankee-rc.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 914x4art0620.jpg (109.5 KB, 90 views)
Old 31-08-2011

Actually tried it tonight.

What a truly , magnificent , beautiful looking part.

And an excellent way to spend 1/8 of the original value of the car.
Old 01-09-2011
Mad Member

I think thus whole thread could have been handled better.
If td just said after James posted , hey mate sorry we have worded our description wrong. We will sort it . It works the way you described etc
Instead of arguing with the customer.
I feel really down about this whole Rc car unimportant hobby ( yes I know it's important to the retailers etc ,but me as a customer ) after this thread!
I feel let down by a company I truly believed in.
And let down by oople cause I thought this site was so successful cause it was independent and now that I've witnessed the deleting of posts. In favour of the companies.I've got a nasty feeling now, Dare I say it racechaty.... Which I am really upset that the facts as I read them may have been manipulated . And am worried that I am not now sure they are truly correct.
Help me out oople am I going mad ?
Our posts were definatley been deleted yet I asked a moderator and he said no!
Simply no! Lol
Maybe I am just a little down
Cheers
Old 02-09-2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelrc View Post
I think thus whole thread could have been handled better.
If td just said after James posted , hey mate sorry we have worded our description wrong. We will sort it . It works the way you described etc
Instead of arguing with the customer.
I feel really down about this whole Rc car unimportant hobby ( yes I know it's important to the retailers etc ,but me as a customer ) after this thread!
I feel let down by a company I truly believed in.
And let down by oople cause I thought this site was so successful cause it was independent and now that I've witnessed the deleting of posts. In favour of the companies.I've got a nasty feeling now, Dare I say it racechaty.... Which I am really upset that the facts as I read them may have been manipulated . And am worried that I am not now sure they are truly correct.
Help me out oople am I going mad ?
Our posts were definatley been deleted yet I asked a moderator and he said no!
Simply no! Lol
Maybe I am just a little down
Cheers
Yes you're mad

I just had a look at what was 'deleted' (it wasn't, someone moved it) and its an argument between about 3 people. Some moderators might take a heavy handed approach when they see lots of crap being talked, nothing to do with oOple - try posting crap in your local club section and see if the moderator in there likes it?
Now try it in another club forum?
Moderators are all different - they are at the end of the day YOU. I rarely delete posts - I sometimes edit posts where people have sworn or insulted people.

Anyway, the posts that were moved look either like arguments or genuine posts which were 'caught up' in the mass moving. Not my idea but I'll suggest the mod in question goes a bit easier in future.
Old 02-09-2011
Administrator

I tried to find a photo of this brace from 2009 but I can't find it. It was obviously a bit different back then, but some of the German guys were running this flex brace at the 2009 Euros
Old 02-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Was this it from http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/euros2009/day5/
Old 02-09-2011
Administrator

Thats it!
I had a look for a close up - I know I took some but I guess I didn't publish them?