Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 11-10-2010

Send a message via MSN to Alex_X6

i drive a b4 during 3 months... then i convert to squared, that i run in 10 months... basicly, i´ve notice;

more stable;
more consistent;
jump better;
easy to setup;
smooth;

this things, make me a lite more fast driver
Old 11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 View Post
I see sarcasm still exists!
Sorry bro, i with my limitations in the England language i dun really know how to convince you to get an X6 Squared. I think the most i can do is that.

XFACTORY ROCKS
Old 11-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

the x6 made racing more enjoyable for me ....
now i can just concentrate on getting better ....

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 11-10-2010
Mad Member

To echo everyone else really...consistency consistency consistency!!

I was as quick with my B4 on a lap for a single lap...but just found it really tough do it lap after lap on the B4...ended up having to hold back a touch to be consistent.

Got the X6 and because the balance so much more even...the pendulum effect Chaz mentioned, I could post my B4 fastest laps, lap after lap, without having to hold back to reduce the risk of pushing too hard.

That said, if your good and consistent with the B4 already...try an X6 and see if you can push even more...maybe it'd work out for you? Certianly never regretted to move myself, and they do suit our UK indoor and outdoor tracks really well...even on the slippy sections!

Come along to Caldicot on any Friday night, been a while since we've seen you, there are always a few running around...and Si and Dan testing their Chunks as well...as you've seen in the lastest vids!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pinky View Post
To echo everyone else really...consistency consistency consistency!!

I was as quick with my B4 on a lap for a single lap...but just found it really tough do it lap after lap on the B4...ended up having to hold back a touch to be consistent.

Got the X6 and because the balance so much more even...the pendulum effect Chaz mentioned, I could post my B4 fastest laps, lap after lap, without having to hold back to reduce the risk of pushing too hard.

That said, if your good and consistent with the B4 already...try an X6 and see if you can push even more...maybe it'd work out for you? Certianly never regretted to move myself, and they do suit our UK indoor and outdoor tracks really well...even on the slippy sections!

Come along to Caldicot on any Friday night, been a while since we've seen you, there are always a few running around...and Si and Dan testing their Chunks as well...as you've seen in the lastest vids!
woohoo! I'm getting one! no wait, I already have one.....

seriously, I agree with blue_pinky. consistency is one of the strongest traits of the X-6 squared. (but the bodyshell is ...ahem..less aesthetically pleasing than other buggies)
Old 11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by seankyew View Post
woohoo! I'm getting one! no wait, I already have one.....

seriously, I agree with blue_pinky. consistency is one of the strongest traits of the X-6 squared. (but the bodyshell is ...ahem..less aesthetically pleasing than other buggies)
I agree totally...after driving a B4 for 3 months and switching to an X6sq, I can definitely say that I no longer have to worry much about jumps and bumps at the local track and focus on being consistent.

As for the rather...ahem...*interesting* shell, I have but one solution...Phatbodies shells!
Old 11-10-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Cheers guys. Someone has hooked me up with a possible test drive, so might be a little more interested, once I have given it a test run.

Cheers for all your responses.

Mark
Old 11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 View Post
Cheers Ian, think I will save my cash, and stick with my b4. I am not really that aggressive, more a smoother style. I have heard its not as good when its slippy or wet.
My driving style is smooth too, the X6 suits me perfect, and it's just great on slippery tracks!
Right now i'm building a new car, based on the X6, but it's not because i'm not happy with it.
You will love the X6, believe me
Old 11-10-2010

Send a message via AIM to Paul_Sinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwell View Post
Wet weather or really worn grass and i think a rear motor still wins out.
I would just point out that at Stotfold, the last UK national, it rained off and on through Saturday. Kev Lee and Ellis were far and away the fastest cars in the wet, qualifying and finishing first and second respectively with their X - 6 Squared's.
Old 11-10-2010
oOple Contributor

but where were they at the wet euro's?
Old 11-10-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
but where were they at the wet euro's?
Both in the A main.... ;-)
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 12-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Both in the A main.... ;-)

but they could probably get a grass hopper into the A final

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 12-10-2010
Mad Member

Weren't the Euros on a dirt track this year? Hupo's home track, perhaps? And still both Big E and Kev in the A. 120 other guys, good drivers all, were not in the A...

We are astounded at Alex X-6's results in Portugal on all types of surfaces from dirt to carpet. He has posted to this thread too. We find that what Alex says is true for so many drivers: Alex Converted his B4 and immediately went faster. He is the only X - 6 in his area, and simply cleaned up all year long.

I'm not here to knock Alex -- indeed I praised his results highly on the Portugal thread -- but it's not like he was a mid-A driver and then got much faster all in one day by himself. The car just might have a little bit to do with it...

Most drivers who Convert their B4s report 1/2 to 3/4 sec per lap faster, and almost everybody reports greater consistency. Blue Pinky above commented he could repeat his fastest laps over and over.

That's the mid-motor advantage. Faster on most tracks and far more consistent. It's a simple matter of physics.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 12-10-2010

Send a message via MSN to TKG26

My B4 was always fast. But a handful to hang onto for an entire run.. I also have a very fat trigger finger and love to yank on the trigger hard! That and in my lazy years of parenthood i just show up for a good time and would rather drive a car that is consistent that allows me to abuse the throttle. Rather then choking up on the transmitter clenching my butt cheeks running a b4 and hoping i dont crash

-it jumps great
-it loves abusive throttle imput
-its ugly as hell and that can help keep your competition from getting one and beating you with it! LOL
Old 12-10-2010

Send a message via MSN to Alex_X6

that´s it.. Chazz said everything...

the lite thins that we notice when change to x6, they togheter made a faster driver, and, the most of all, more regular...

in the Outdoor Masters in portugal, always on dirty tracks, ive made my best lap, and my best time in each qualification and final, over and over again, many time, in many races...
Old 12-10-2010

I though the top 6 cars at the euros were rear motor? I can't get my sums right.
Old 12-10-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pookster View Post
I though the top 6 cars at the euros were rear motor? I can't get my sums right.
You mean you haven't done your math?
Old 12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG26 View Post
My B4 was always fast. But a handful to hang onto for an entire run.. I also have a very fat trigger finger and love to yank on the trigger hard! That and in my lazy years of parenthood i just show up for a good time and would rather drive a car that is consistent that allows me to abuse the throttle. Rather then choking up on the transmitter clenching my butt cheeks running a b4 and hoping i dont crash

-it jumps great
-it loves abusive throttle imput
-its ugly as hell and that can help keep your competition from getting one and beating you with it! LOL
Also to note, TKG just bought a brand new tamiya and within a month he converted his B4, his tamiya now resides as a back up in case he can't fix his X6, but more often then not its a loaner buggy Mid motors are simply uber consistant, I'm still not consistant, I can just imagin how bad I'd be with a rear motor buggy
Old 12-10-2010
Mad Member

Thing to remember about competitions like the euro's is that the top drivers on a day will always be the top drivers, no matter what car they drive, and the single biggest factor is the person driving!

That's not to say the car doesn't make any difference, but the comparable differences between each car with those drivers is miniscule, I would bet that the tracks and events throw up enough variables to cover up any benefits one chassis might have over another over the course of a few races...but every fraction still counts none the less, and at teh end f teh day it's what works for you and what you have the most fun driving!

It's for the rest of us mere mortals that the differences are more obvious!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 12-10-2010

Default GO the 6 !!!

hi ive been driving an X6 for over 13 months now and all i can say is get one over here in Australia the tracks can go from super smooth grip to lose broken up very quickly and i tell u we run a club championship over 8 rounds and the last two championships ive not lost one with the X6 !! thats 14 club rounds ! the times im getting with my car r faster than alot of the mod drivers times!!!
www.keilorrc.org.au
you can find my club results here i am also winning the Victorian drivers championship with two rounds left ....
thats how good these cars r

i would recommend these cars to anyone who wants to go faster!!!!
the handiling of the X6 is SOooo much faster than a rear motored car
and if more people get the idea out of their head of the car has less grip because of the motor being mid the better the mid motor can generate TOOoooo much grip (I found this out very quickly and now run a rear sway bar all the time).
so go and get one you will love the car its like driving a 4wd the car has SOooo much forward grip too!

hope u join the Family

Mic Salis