Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 15-09-2016

Default Transmitter advise

I've recently got back into rc racing after a 6 year break and need a little assistance regarding a new transmitter. I'm racing 2wd buggy at a local club and have whittled my choice of transmitter to a Spektrum dx4r and the futaba 4pls. Both look good, but upon searching the net I see a lot of complaints about spektrum and their range / glitching. Any experience of either of these handsets would be appreciated, most online reviews / comparisons are years out of date. Thanks
Old 15-09-2016

I have a DX2s for my cars and a DX6i (Spektrum ) for my boats. I have never had any problems and would certainly recommend Spektrum.. Having said that, I also use a Futaba 2.4 set for gliders and aircraft and have had no problems with that either..!
I think any of the top systems used with matching receivers are probably as good as each other.As with most things, it usually comes down to personal preference.
Team Associated B4.2
RC10 Worlds
Old 15-09-2016

Had the odd glitch with early Spektrum stuff , was a faulty receiver. Since my 4s and my boys 3s 2M and 3E have been faultless and most guys at our club run Spektrum, Sanwa or Futaba. Price of receivers was the main thing for me with 2 boys and various class's raced by us