Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 16-03-2015

Default where to buy gtb parts

As per title.
Prefer a website with live stock as fed up ordering and paying then finding out things not in stock
RC10B74 Maclan powered

#rcoctane
#teamrcoctane
Old 16-03-2015

Trackside spares. Co.uk
Old 17-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeboy44 View Post
Trackside spares. Co.uk
He said he was fed up with ordering and finding out stuffs not in stock and you suggest trackside spares lol

Try Wheelspin models, they dont always hold it in stock but it has a live update on the suppliers stock. I order from them a fair bit and its been faultless. They also have a MASSIVE spares list for the GTB, almost everything you could need is listed!

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/s/?...ma+gtb&x=0&y=0

Also anther one to try is Thumbs Design, top quality parts and has live stock levels Tony

http://thumbsdesigns.com/

Racer @ South West Indoor RC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/South...3948047?ref=hl

Link above
Old 17-03-2015

cheers, will look at wheelspin

Paul at trackside seems to be a sound bloke, he refunded money and a bit towards postage, fairplay, but I have placed 2 orders and neither have been able to be filled, the annoying thing is that I pay for the goods, then they arent available, I only bulked out the order to make it worthwhile due to post etc, and sods law is that the bits I need arent available

then if I have to go elsewhere Im buying just that part and paying post on it.

will look at them other places, fed up already to be honest, if I cant get spares or parts for the cars it seems pointless even having it.

its not having a go at trackside, just that in modern day and age I kind of expected websites to run live stock levels, kind of assumed that if it was available to buy and pay for, then it was in stock.
RC10B74 Maclan powered

#rcoctane
#teamrcoctane
Old 17-03-2015

Paul is sound... he just doesn't use live stock online, its always best to ring him first for anything you need,..spares may drop slightly, as its out of season for micro nationals
~Schumacher KF2~
~Schumacher Atom~
~BSR Basher-RallyX~
~Ascociated RC8.2e RallyX~
~TeamC T8EV3 RallyX~
phat bodies
worm-racing
http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk

Last edited by Dombrasky; 17-03-2015 at 02:39 PM.
Old 17-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dombrasky View Post
Paul is sound... he just doesn't use live stock online, its always best to ring him first for anything you need,..spares may drop slightly, as its out of season for micro nationals
I always used to use him, yeah he is a really nice guy but nobody has the time to call people these days to find out if stuffs in stock. Half the people who race at our club don't buy from them any more due to the unknown stock levels.

I buy elsewhere now too.

Link above
Old 17-03-2015

The other akward side of phoning any model shop is that you have to do it during works hours.
I'm generally very busy during the day and so the only time i get to order parts is late in the evening and this is where a shop with live stock levels wins every time.

I do think there's a gap in the market for a micro shop with live stock levels and that also doesn't have everything on backorder or shadow stock....

I've raced micros for the last 2 years and it's a pain in arse getting parts compared to 1/10th off road.
Old 17-03-2015

Try dell at modelcarracer.com he has most parts in stock for the carisma if not usually next day and very competitive prices.
He stocks most 1/10th buggy and gt12 cars and parts too.
Old 17-03-2015

Dms racing. Has live stock levels too

Always supports Micros, so much so they hosted a Micro National this year!
Old 18-03-2015

+1 for dell @ modelcarracer.com. I text him a list and if not in stock then he will pop down to cml to get my parts then posts them out same or next day!
Old 18-03-2015

Seems modelcarracer.com is a problem for my ISP... A bit too racey maybe....? Anybody else have this problem?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (166.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 19-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattV6 View Post
I always used to use him, yeah he is a really nice guy but nobody has the time to call people these days to find out if stuffs in stock. Half the people who race at our club don't buy from them any more due to the unknown stock levels.

I buy elsewhere now too.
To be fair, paul is a small local model shop, who specializes in micro parts, so i dont think its a surprise he doesn't have "live stock updates".

Your best bet is to add yourself to the trackside spares facebook page. He will answer most questions on there out of hours!

Tom
TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR 22 5.0 AC Elite,

Kindly Supported by Trackside Spares, TLR, Spektrum and Horizon Hobby
Old 19-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Fly View Post
To be fair, paul is a small local model shop, who specializes in micro parts, so i dont think its a surprise he doesn't have "live stock updates".

Your best bet is to add yourself to the trackside spares facebook page. He will answer most questions on there out of hours!
I can see where you coming from but how hard can it be to add the feature to the site where it has the stock level. The website looks good so i cant understand why he wouldn't?

All i hear is people saying don't order from trackside spares because you wont get your order?

Link above
Old 19-03-2015

Default Modelcarracer got spares!

Thanks Paul for mentioning this, seems Dazzler has trouble accessing the site? Bizarre, but I will look into it, definitely no adult content on there! Try changing your firewall setting down from "nuclear bunker" yes I've got most spares on the shelf and oodles of tyres too. Plenty electrics and lipo's too.im contactable 24/7 via facebook Dell Whitehouse. You obviously haven't heard about my Text-a-Part service that all the locals use which I am happy to roll out nationwide if people aren't frightened of texting for an instant stock check reply
Old 20-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattV6 View Post
I can see where you coming from but how hard can it be to add the feature to the site where it has the stock level. The website looks good so i cant understand why he wouldn't?

All i hear is people saying don't order from trackside spares because you wont get your order?
I think last statement is a little speculative and slightly unfair, paul has a great reputation in the micro community and beyond, and if any customer has any specific issue, just give him a ring and it will get sorted.

There sometimes can be problems sourcing parts which are out of stock. The logistics of getting Carisma spares can be a little frustrating. Most of the time, it is CML who import Carisma, who have run out of stock. And they tend to order from Carisma less frequently, so there can be delays. Paul will always do his best to communicate this with his customers.

As a Trackside shop driver, I can vouch that paul and myself have actually sent parts from our own spare cars and race bags to keep his customers happy and racing (he still owes me for that :P). Paul is the first to admit that he is kind of "old school" with the way he does his business, and he has made a decision that he doesn't want to implement an active stock system, sometimes its very easy to forget that there is somebody sat behind each website. As i said before, you can join his facebook group, or ring the shop and he will be happy to discuss any order with you before you place it.

Tom
TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR 22 5.0 AC Elite,

Kindly Supported by Trackside Spares, TLR, Spektrum and Horizon Hobby
Old 20-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Fly View Post
I think last statement is a little speculative and slightly unfair, paul has a great reputation in the micro community and beyond, and if any customer has any specific issue, just give him a ring and it will get sorted.

There sometimes can be problems sourcing parts which are out of stock. The logistics of getting Carisma spares can be a little frustrating. Most of the time, it is CML who import Carisma, who have run out of stock. And they tend to order from Carisma less frequently, so there can be delays. Paul will always do his best to communicate this with his customers.

As a Trackside shop driver, I can vouch that paul and myself have actually sent parts from our own spare cars and race bags to keep his customers happy and racing (he still owes me for that :P). Paul is the first to admit that he is kind of "old school" with the way he does his business, and he has made a decision that he doesn't want to implement an active stock system, sometimes its very easy to forget that there is somebody sat behind each website. As i said before, you can join his facebook group, or ring the shop and he will be happy to discuss any order with you before you place it.
I'm just saying what i hear from people who order mirco spares. People just want a live stock level so they can see if what they are buying is there to buy as most stuff is needed quick.

I'm not knocking Paul or anyone as a person, everyone runs their business different, he has always sorted me out with bits at micro events, I'm just saying what i hear and that people want a live stock level

Literally, just put a live stock level on the website, add that feature. I would start buying again and i'm sure others would too

Link above
Old 20-03-2015

really feel bad that the thread went in kind of the wrong direction, but just to say that Paul at trackside has been emailing me updates, and I been emilaing lists of what I want to check stock before ordering now

I have told him and will share my site info as it might help others

we use sage line 50 for accounting but thats our choice, however for online shopping we use Oxatis, easy to use and setup sites, customers register accounts like normal and buy things, when out on the road at shows or events then all we do is have a "showroom" or "mobile sales" account to immediately remove stuff from stock so it all stays up to date.

we use Sage with it as thats how we do all our sales and purchase orders, deliver purchase order and stock appears in the shop.

we dont use Paypal as they banned us due to the nature of the business LOL, but you should have no problems with it, or as we do we use worldpay

the control area of the site is very easy to use.
RC10B74 Maclan powered

#rcoctane
#teamrcoctane
Old 20-03-2015

Its just annoying that they are the main people to go to for micro spares and you have to go through so much hassle to find out if the stuffs in stock before you put an order in

Tony, work some magic and get them on board with the live stock levels

Link above
Old 20-03-2015

So am I reading this right? People are happy to place orders with "shadow stock" levels/order stuff and then face Mecca hoping it's in stock, but not happy to use the gift of speech to call/text/email a shop and ask a live person for a live stock check? And cheers Grovenik for popping in to the LIVE shop today and getting all your carisma bits you needed to go racing tonight! Hope the shop sales only discount is a good enough deal to keep all the local regulars coming thru the shops doors/not using my website as a stock level indicator 😃
Old 20-03-2015

not everyone can use a phone during the day to call shops, and I have about a 170 mile round drive (45 quid of petrol) to the nearest model shop LOL

wish I could just pop into a local shop to buy parts but sadly not an option for me

I now learnt that I just Email and wait for reply, then order whats in stock to save everyone stress and time
RC10B74 Maclan powered

#rcoctane
#teamrcoctane