Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 10-05-2012

Default X2C/X4 basterdised

I really like the idea of something different, and love the concept of the new Kyosho DB1 - however not having any kyosho stuff its just too expensive to get the necessary donors and then the conversion. So with my old biscuit tin of spare bits i decided to try mocking up a cheap version of the idea.

Its obviously just mocked up and it would definately need a low profile servo put the measurements work out and the motor will fit in with the ESC and receiver on the other side.

Got some 2.6mm carbon sheet to make a top deck retainer to strengthen it all up and the rear geometry needs finalising but it looks like it could go together ok.

The front end is the easy part being already X2C assembled and I have the machine shop at work making up some various different weighted drive shafts for me to test out. Will update this as and when i get some more time on it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 010.JPG (347.6 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg 011.JPG (406.2 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg 012.JPG (374.8 KB, 109 views)
Old 10-05-2012

Maybe it’s just me and I’m looking at it wrong but I can’t see how that’s going to work with how you’ve got it at the moment.

Doesn’t the motor need to be facing the opposite way (pinion end towards the front) which means you need the motor mount further back?
Old 10-05-2012

I think the motor should be ok in that config as that's the way the X4 is layed out, I spose it depends on what way round the rear diff is

One idea I would say is maybe to try and do it the other way round 2wd from end on the rest of the 4wd? Just an idea ?

Looks interesting tho
Old 10-05-2012

Its the differential that dictates drive and it will run exactly the same as the X4. albeit with a custom slipper arrangement. Could be pulled the other way around but it would need a custom length drive shaft that would be too long and compromise strength.

Worst case it is implodes on the first drive and goes up in smoke, if it moves forwards and handles ok'ish then it can be refined
Old 10-05-2012

Looks really interesting and I like it when folks have a crack at something new - nice one mate.

Which ever way the 1st drive goes (puff of smoke or glorious lap) you have to catch on camera
Old 10-05-2012

Ive been working on somthing very similer an will hopefully have grp tesy chassis very soob will put pics up when together
Old 11-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonky View Post
Maybe it’s just me and I’m looking at it wrong but I can’t see how that’s going to work with how you’ve got it at the moment.

Doesn’t the motor need to be facing the opposite way (pinion end towards the front) which means you need the motor mount further back?
yeah i thought the same.
presumably the spur will go on the front end side of the motor mount? and the motor will have the pinion sticking out the lipo side? Or are you planning on shorter central cvd and mounting the spur behind the mount?

It it runs it will be interesting.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 11-05-2012
Thieving scumbag

my attempt i thought of this a few weeks ago what do you think ali chasiss 8mm longer than the x2c

hope you can see what i would do i will mock up a rear top deck and all the other parts if you like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chasiss bottom .jpg (49.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg chasiss top.jpg (66.2 KB, 28 views)