Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 12-08-2009

Default Hot Bodies Ve8

Not sure if this has already been posted in the forum... Hot Bodies Ve8
Old 13-08-2009

anyone know how much the kits gonna be for this?
Old 13-08-2009

I looked at HB USA's website and the Nitro D8 is $399.99 and the Ve8 is $595.00. As the D8 is £379.99 over here, I would say you'd be looking at £550 or so, which in my opinion, is way overpriced, considering its limitations (on battery sizes, both dimensions and weight, as all the weight is down one side).
Old 13-08-2009

thats a lotta dough considering you aint getting electrics
Old 14-08-2009

Send a message via MSN to electric

yea 140mm max length battery pack WTF!?
Brushless CRT - Mamba monster - Neu motor - RCPD conversion kit {for sale}
Ebay items : http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/terzo53
Old 16-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I looked at HB USA's website and the Nitro D8 is $399.99 and the Ve8 is $595.00. As the D8 is £379.99 over here, I would say you'd be looking at £550 or so, which in my opinion, is way overpriced, considering its limitations (on battery sizes, both dimensions and weight, as all the weight is down one side).
First, hello!, I'm new on this board and I'm really interested in buying an EC 1/8 buggy.

Actually the VE8 seems pretty cheap, it's on pre-order in the USA for 295.95$ (I'm not sure if I can write the name on this board).

Seems pretty interesting, but I'm worryied about the weight L-R balance... motor and batteries on the same side???
Old 16-08-2009

That's exactly what I'm worried about, if you want any run-time, you're going to unbalance the chassis. Not only that, it's set up for mechanical brakes, and most people don't run them in electrics now.
Old 16-08-2009

Quote:
That's exactly what I'm worried about, if you want any run-time, you're going to unbalance the chassis. Not only that, it's set up for mechanical brakes, and most people don't run them in electrics now.
That too... I'm really not interested in mechanical brakes...
Old 14-09-2009

I on the other had really like this buggy. The motor is actually very close to the centerline, some of it is on it even. And the mechanical breaks are superior to motor breaking for several reasons.

And I dont think right left balance will be bad. 2 servos, a diff + brakes, and an esc + rx and box on the right. Then motor on the centerline almost from the left and battery. Wont be a problem.

I think u can build it really light and low .. Just hopes it arrived soon. I'm getting one.
Old 14-09-2009
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Quote:
The UK price has been on the HB/HPI UK website for quite some time, so slightly odd speculation - £299 is the RRP which is really quite reasonable ...
Old 14-09-2009
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisströM View Post
That too... I'm really not interested in mechanical brakes...
Mechanical brakes are just an option, it'll work with standard speedo braking
Old 14-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just a point on the batteries, they have a sanctioned class for elec 8th in the US now, which is 10min finals, so for that runtime you don't need a massively heavy battery, which is probably why it's designed as it is!

With them running with Nitro over here, it becomes quite a disadvantage!
Old 14-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by micke_b View Post
I on the other had really like this buggy. The motor is actually very close to the centerline, some of it is on it even. And the mechanical breaks are superior to motor breaking for several reasons.

And I dont think right left balance will be bad. 2 servos, a diff + brakes, and an esc + rx and box on the right. Then motor on the centerline almost from the left and battery. Wont be a problem.

I think u can build it really light and low .. Just hopes it arrived soon. I'm getting one.
Why are mechanical brakes 'superior' to motor brakes? Ok, you can adjust bias, but other than that there is no real advantage, mechanical brakes are heavier, I won't go into power consumption, as that argument can swing in either ways favour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0kin View Post
The UK price has been on the HB/HPI UK website for quite some time, so slightly odd speculation - £299 is the RRP which is really quite reasonable ...
In fairness, at the time of the post (about a month ago), the only info about it's price was on HB USA's website, and I had nothing over here. Also considering the original listed RRP was much higher than the nitro D8. Circumstances have evidently changed, and I'll agree £299 is quite reasonable, and quite a bit cheaper than some of it's competitors.
Old 16-09-2009

Quote:
Why are mechanical brakes 'superior' to motor brakes? Ok, you can adjust bias, but other than that there is no real advantage, mechanical brakes are heavier, I won't go into power consumption, as that argument can swing in either ways favour.

In fairness, at the time of the post (about a month ago), the only info about it's price was on HB USA's website, and I had nothing over here. Also considering the original listed RRP was much higher than the nitro D8. Circumstances have evidently changed, and I'll agree £299 is quite reasonable, and quite a bit cheaper than some of it's competitors.
Why they are superior? First as you I can adjust say front and read basis, and it gives it a different feel that at least I like. Second when you break on the center diff, on the spur, unless your wheels are straight all three diffs will "diff out" and you will only have break on one rear wheel. With mechanical breaks there is one less diff to worry about. But ofcourse tou are right to, there is some extra rotating mass which is never good. But for me I think it will be worth it, mainly since I like the "feel" better and the adjutabillity.

$299 a amainhobbies, I think its a really good price, most chassis cost $400 +
Old 17-09-2009

I suppose it's all down to personal opinion. I never used brake bias as a tuning option, so I didn't feel the need to keep it.

It's an interesting point about the diffs, but I don't think the difference would be noticeable.

I agree, that's a good price for an 1/8th scale.
Old 17-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Who is stocking this in the uk at a good price? Apex? Or is it best to import?

www.rccarshop.co.uk