Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 15-05-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Schumacher must have had a rush on...

MB models have them on order also, so some may turn up there on tomorrow's delivery.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 15-05-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
I'd imagine commercially available is satisfied by being available to buy to millions of people online on Thursday (plenty time to get them delivered) for a sunday race. .... I'd imagine just because joe blogs hobby shop hasn't got them in at the bottom of my street doesn't render them unavailable commercially.
Pmsl. Some dodgy timing. Yellows are now commercially available, albeit 2 days before the regional.

Question is are we allowing them now? Is this time enough?

Id say no and i have some sorted . Gotta be fair imo. Doubt everyone can get em intime.

Make sure you dont use old green versions you sneaky northerners

Race is saturday btw. Gives around 40 hours give or take from official release till first round of practice. Much too short.
Old 15-05-2014

In my view I'd say that they're not commercially available. I remember Schumacher silvers were banded at a National when they were released.
  • They were released not long before the event in limited numbers so not everyone had time to stock them or were out of stock before they could.
  • At the event no one could source them.
  • BRCA chosen to ban them for that certain event in light of the above.

Anyone beats me at this weekends North East Regional with them on I'll be protesting it.

I'm not joking neither.

2011 Muchmore GP 4wd Champion

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 15-05-2014
Mad Member

have to agree with danny and the packmeister i would think its too late for your regional in the NE
to be fair to everyone

im not in NE region but its a fair indicator for others to watch

regards dave fid
Old 15-05-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
In my view I'd say that they're not commercially available. I remember Schumacher silvers were banded at a National when they were released.
  • They were released not long before the event in limited numbers so not everyone had time to stock them or were out of stock before they could.

Anyone beats me at this weekends North East Regional with them on I'll be protesting it.

I'm not joking neither.
I fully agree, ive ensured i have them incase, and will use them if our brca rep is allowing it, but i dont think its fair with the short lead in time. Only way i could get em was by ups next day. There now out of stock so anyone who was at work now likely wont get them intime either.
Old 15-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidspeed View Post
Mid east region rules , shuey or BB spikes on driven axle so should we take it you cant use them on the front on a 4wd ? that is of course when there commercially available

only ever having been to one regional were new at this

dave n mitch fid
The rules for Mid East are clear so unless they agree to add them to the 2014 list they are not permitted for 4wd but 2wd are allowed as there is no control.

Tyre Rule:

The following tyre list will be eligible for 2014 mid east regional series in any compound.
Schumacher Mini Spike. Ballistic Buggy Spikes.
Tyre restrictions only apply to the driven axle
Any reasonably priced tyre that becomes available may be added during the season and if the availability of any tyre on the list is not considered acceptable they may be removed.
AE B74
AE T6.1
AE SC6.1

Kits and parts supplied by:
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/[/size]

My Feedback thread: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...945#post691945
Old 15-05-2014

I agree silvers weren't allowed to be used at a national event, but there was 120 people there all potentially wanting that tyre and not enough tyres to go around at the event!
So if there is enough stock to meet demand then this must satisfy the "commercially available" rule..
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 15-05-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulj View Post
Not sure how you can claim commercially available for these when Schumacher show them as out of stock as of 4.47pm today!
I'm sure the wording on comercial availability is in the rules, something like sufficient quantities, if Schumacher have sold out they are still classed as comercially available, same as you will be able to buy them from shops who got their orders in, Schumacher are now out of stock, not comecially unavailable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luniemiester View Post
The rules for Mid East are clear so unless they agree to add them to the 2014 list they are not permitted for 4wd but 2wd are allowed as there is no control.

Tyre Rule:

The following tyre list will be eligible for 2014 mid east regional series in any compound.
Schumacher Mini Spike. Ballistic Buggy Spikes.
Tyre restrictions only apply to the driven axle
Any reasonably priced tyre that becomes available may be added during the season and if the availability of any tyre on the list is not considered acceptable they may be removed.

So you can not even run staggers on the front of 4 wheel drive?

Thankfully I'm at the oOPle serries round 2 where they don't ban tyres....And you run what you want with no hassle, hoping to do the me regional so I'll run what's allowed no problem
Old 15-05-2014

Quote:

I'm not joking neither.
So suprised!! Some one missed the boat?

It's toy cars not dummy spitting
Old 15-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
So suprised!! Some one missed the boat?

It's toy cars not dummy spitting
I know Mark, that's why I'm in Spain getting a tan and missing the 4wd on the Saturday.

2011 Muchmore GP 4wd Champion

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 15-05-2014

Quote:
I know Mark, that's why I'm in Spain getting a tan and missing the 4wd on the Saturday.
so you missed the boat and got the plane! lucky bugger
Old 15-05-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

MB models will have stock in Friday. You can order now: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...yellow-pr.html

My guess is they will sell out fast.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 15-05-2014

The Mid East ruling is an oversight on my part of not updating an old rule. The rule should state the rear axle not driven axle and so any commercially available tyre can be run on the front.

Being able to run staggers on a 4wd helps on high grip. Everyone enjoys racing a lot more if the car isn't trying to throw itself off the track every lap and so we wouldn't want to ban them.

I will amend the rule now to save any doubt before RHR next week and bring it in line with the BRCA national rules.

As for 2 row studs we will decide next week but assuming they are not sold out everywhere we will allow them.

Sorry for any confusion

Nathan
Old 15-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ned View Post
The Mid East ruling is an oversight on my part of not updating an old rule. The rule should state the rear axle not driven axle and so any commercially available tyre can be run on the front.

Being able to run staggers on a 4wd helps on high grip. Everyone enjoys racing a lot more if the car isn't trying to throw itself off the track every lap and so we wouldn't want to ban them.

I will amend the rule now to save any doubt before RHR next week and bring it in line with the BRCA national rules.

As for 2 row studs we will decide next week but assuming they are not sold out everywhere we will allow them.

Sorry for any confusion

Nathan
Old 15-05-2014

Well, as I have been told, numerous times, regionals must be run to the BRCA rules, so whatever is in the handbook goes.....

Not at oOple on the weekend though!!
Old 15-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Well, as I have been told, numerous times, regionals must be run to the BRCA rules, so whatever is in the handbook goes.....

Not at oOple on the weekend though!!
Dug out the rule, it states new tyres, now to me these are not new? They are a rerelease?
So an old mould for tyres, yellow compound, Originally produced a long time ago.

3.7 ‘Commercially Available’ - Where the term commercially available appears in BRCA documentation in regard to racing equipment allowed in 1/10th Off-Road Sanctioned events, it is defined as any item or items being accessible for purchase by anyone and therefore must be or have been available in UK retail outlets in reasonable volume at any one time.

New versions of tyres/compounds or tyres that have not been produced within an acceptable time, as deemed by Section officials, that are therefore not easily available to all competitors may be disallowed.
Old 16-05-2014

The rule suggests that the decision to use them has to be made by 'Section Officials' ie members of the 1/10th offroad committee. Not this forum.
Call to PW anyone?
Old 16-05-2014
Super Moderator

Just let Kash make the call, he's not retarded.

G
Old 16-05-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Are you guys considering them for the front of a 4wd?

I can't think of a single situation where I'd want them on a 2wd personally.
Old 16-05-2014
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Applicable to N/E only

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151028