Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 10-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
picked up my bmax2 today.build and install was done by pete @pro-racing.running m-troniks ip6 speedo,savox low profile,sanwa radio and hpi Saturn 20t motor.will be used at York in 2wd 540 sealed can championship.paint is by g-Kenny.looks stunning in natural light.
is that the first convertible bmax2 MR with the plastic chassis.....I didnt know you can still buy them.....

on a side note, can you use the v1 mid plastic chassis on the version 2 and 3 bmax2?
Old 10-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinfastout View Post
on a side note, can you use the v1 mid plastic chassis on the version 2 and 3 bmax2?
yes, you just need this if you have a V3: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...-bulkhead.html
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 10-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
yes, you just need this if you have a V3: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...-bulkhead.html
AND the metal triangle that comes with de V2 alu chassis.

Old 10-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultje040 View Post
AND the metal triangle that comes with de V2 alu chassis.

If you want to use the v1 plastic chassis, you do not need the triangle piece from the v2 chassis, that centre mounting hole is in corporated in the plastic chassis.

If you have v2 or v3 kits, to run the v1 plastic chassis you need:

B2-002MR - MR/RS Main chassis
B2-002F - Front chassis/front bulkhead (lower plate required only if you have the V3 or Worlds chassis)
M3 x 10mm screws and M3 plain nuts, 3 each to mount the front chassis plate, but no reason not to run M3 x 12mm screws with M3 nylock nuts.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinfastout View Post
is that the first convertible bmax2 MR with the plastic chassis.....I didnt know you can still buy them.....

I've had the lying around in my loft for a year or so,so unsure if still available,but like neal said buy plastic chassis separately.just returned from its first outing at York and I really am speechless.
Old 11-01-2015

Putting my V3 together now. Has anyone else noticed some side to side play in the diff? (I'm installing the optional ball diff) I guess I will have to go out and pick up some shims tomorrow and shim it out.
Old 11-01-2015

Yeah there is some movement with the diffs in the case. I cannot remember what thickness I used to shim it out but the inside diameter is 10mm.

I also shimmed out the rear axel washer (pin type wheels) front axel (AE type for Schumacher wheels) and steering bell cranks (Yokomo aluminium type) as I don't like the movement in these items from standard kit build.
Old 11-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
Ijust returned from its first outing at York and I really am speechless.
yeah me too!!
Old 11-01-2015

you need to figure out where to get those 2 corners back brett.i can still picture your face when you out qualified me.maybe next i'll race my holiday buggy????
Old 11-01-2015

just for you Jez....

well done mate, i feel like Rosberg

Awesome car BTW!!

Last edited by bretts; 11-01-2015 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretts View Post

Awesome car BTW!!
Bmax2 p1, 2, me in 5, and p8. I think I'll try my mid car next time instead of my rear.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 11-01-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-01-2015

Ball diff is extremely smooth and it took 1 10mm axle shim per side to take out the play. I was putting together the gear diff and it seems very "notchy" with 5k diff fluid, do these take some break in time? My Schumacher diffs were always very smooth when built.
Old 13-01-2015

It shouldn't be, but a ball diff just feels smoother. Does the gear diff feel good - does it 'turn' - , except for feeling notchy?
Old 13-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
It shouldn't be, but a ball diff just feels smoother. Does the gear diff feel good - does it 'turn' - , except for feeling notchy?
It does not bind up or anything, but I can "feel" the gears meshing if that makes any sense. My shucmaher ones always felt smoother than a ball diff. I have 5k oil in it if that matters
Old 14-01-2015

I did my first shakedown run yesterday with my Bmax2 V3. It was an indoor wet clay track, high traction. I ran box stock setup except for 1.6 f/r pistons, 35/30wt oil and a ball diff. The car was incredibly easy to drive and put where I wanted on the track. It was also very strong, I had some wrecks with no damage that would have destroyed the front end of the VBC firebolt I just sold!
Old 14-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepointnine View Post
I did my first shakedown run yesterday with my Bmax2 V3. It was an indoor wet clay track, high traction. I ran box stock setup except for 1.6 f/r pistons, 35/30wt oil and a ball diff. The car was incredibly easy to drive and put where I wanted on the track. It was also very strong, I had some wrecks with no damage that would have destroyed the front end of the VBC firebolt I just sold!
Awesome, the car will get better with more runs.
Old 14-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepointnine View Post
It does not bind up or anything, but I can "feel" the gears meshing if that makes any sense. My shucmaher ones always felt smoother than a ball diff. I have 5k oil in it if that matters
Too much oil will make the gear different feel like that.

2011 Muchmore GP 4wd Champion

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 14-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
Too much oil will make the gear different feel like that.
When I met Naoto at EOS last October, on inspection of his car the diff felt quite tight, tighter than mine did with 3K oil. I asked him about it and he said it was 3k oil, but completely full of oil, no air.
Old 15-01-2015

So with all the shiny new YZ-2 around now, what would you think of a YZ-2 style gearbox that fits our loved B-Max 2 chassis? Could this actually work and give us some of the YZ-2 high grip corner speed for just the cost of a gearbox and a motor plate?

The screenshot shows a very early stage of a version with an 80T spur... The lipo would fit in the maximum front position of the MR chassis. And the motor movement would allow for pinions up to 30T.

I think it is worth a try... Opinions?

Cheers
Frank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 150115_Bmax2_lowandforward.jpg (73.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 15-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just buy a YZ-2 if you want the features of that car.
The design of the car is more than just the laid down transmission.
Steering geometry and Ackerman is an example of radical changes from the bmax2