Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 15-03-2015

Default Ko propo or sanwa servo

Hi all, I have got a savox 1257tg in my bmax4 at the mo but after reading about them being a bit power hungry, I am looking at something that might be a bit less of a load on my electrics.

I have been looking at the ko propo RSx2 response servo I've found at Wheelspin for £108. Or the Sanwa SRG-BZX Type R servo from smd direct for 139. I was thinking of the Sanwa as I have an exzes z so could use it on the Sanwa digital servo setting. The other thing is I have only found 1 place selling the spare gear kits for the ko.

When I raced years ago it was all ko, but opinions seem a bit more varied now.

Open to other suggestions too please.

Thanks in advance.
Old 15-03-2015

Default Servo

Both myself and a fellow racer have just changed servos to Xpert 4401. I changed from a Sanwa and he changed from an Orion. We are both very happy so far with the switch. Mine is in a TM4 and his a Yoke BMax.
The speed and torque are very good and they are very smooth with great feel.
Don't rule these servos out when choosing a new one.
Old 15-03-2015

Hi Chris, thanks for reply, I've just had a search for them and impressed by the exchange rather than repair warrenty. I assume being brushless they would be much better on current draw too.

Thanks again.
Old 15-03-2015

I'm confused that you want to change the servo when you are not actually having any issues. Seems a little pointless / wasteful when the savox is a perfectly good servo. It's not like the extra load it may draw relative to others is detrimental to battery life in practical terms. I've previously read of people experiencing issues with receiver brown-outs with various servo's / loads. But if this isn't happening to you, I'd use your cash for wheels/tyres and spares.. Anything but a servo you don't seem to need.

Just my thoughts...
Old 15-03-2015

I recently had a Xpert servo exchanged with the latest model (upgrade from the one I had) which was 11 months old. Answer RC didn't have any in stock so they got MB to post one out next day.

Can't say fairer than that, amazing service

My experience with SMD has been mixed (warranty wise) which puts me off the Sanwa stuff slightly...
Old 15-03-2015

I'm running a Bmax4 III and have recently swapped from a Savox to a KO Propo RSx2 Response and I couldn't be happier with the results. I probably sounds stupid but just swapping to this servo improved my results instantly.

I too am running am running an Exzes Z setup and considered going for a Sanwa servo but in the end I went with the KO as I more people seemed to recommend the KO over the Sanwa.

I'm currently building a YZ-2 and will be running another RSx2 if I can find space for a full size servo, if not I will be running the low-profile equivalent from KO.

Hope that helps.
Old 15-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
I'm confused that you want to change the servo when you are not actually having any issues. Seems a little pointless / wasteful when the savox is a perfectly good servo. It's not like the extra load it may draw relative to others is detrimental to battery life in practical terms. I've previously read of people experiencing issues with receiver brown-outs with various servo's / loads. But if this isn't happening to you, I'd use your cash for wheels/tyres and spares.. Anything but a servo you don't seem to need.

Just my thoughts...
Hi Dazzler, sorry meant to put in first post. Have on a few occasions when accelerating on lock had a slight delay when hitting the gas. I never really thought much to it until I read about it earlier on. I have got a power cap from my early spektrum days with aircraft so might try that just to see if it helps. My only other reason was to maybe give the bec side of the speed controller and receiver an easier time.

Your of course right about buying unnecessary items, and I am otherwise happy with the servo, and if the cap fixes it I will carry on with it.

I welcome any opinions, and thank you for your thoughts👍
Old 15-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesty View Post
I recently had a Xpert servo exchanged with the latest model (upgrade from the one I had) which was 11 months old. Answer RC didn't have any in stock so they got MB to post one out next day.

Can't say fairer than that, amazing service

My experience with SMD has been mixed (warranty wise) which puts me off the Sanwa stuff slightly...
Hi that's good service. The servos look very nicely made in the pics I've found of them.

I hope my exzes behaves then if warrenty not the best.

Thanks for reply👍
Old 15-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jph View Post
I'm running a Bmax4 III and have recently swapped from a Savox to a KO Propo RSx2 Response and I couldn't be happier with the results. I probably sounds stupid but just swapping to this servo improved my results instantly.

I too am running am running an Exzes Z setup and considered going for a Sanwa servo but in the end I went with the KO as I more people seemed to recommend the KO over the Sanwa.

I'm currently building a YZ-2 and will be running another RSx2 if I can find space for a full size servo, if not I will be running the low-profile equivalent from KO.

Hope that helps.
Hi I always loved the ko servos years ago. Do you know anywhere that sells the gear sets if ever needed, or do they never go much? Is the RSx2 brushless do you know?

Thanks for reply👍
Old 17-03-2015

I'm not sure where you can buy replacement gear sets but i've not heard any reports of them failing.

I'm not certain if the RSx2 is brushless as the KO website doesn't mention anything. However I am running my Exzes Z in the appropriate setting for a brushless servo and so far have not experienced and issues.