Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 13-05-2009

Send a message via MSN to Chris Green
Default First Outdoor Meeting - hinckley

Hello Guys,

I'm not a racing newbie, but I've got my first outdoor meeting on the 24th May.

At the moment, I have a set of nearly new yellow schumy rears. These have the inside row of spikes cut off.

I also have a set of new mini spike-2's. These haven;t been mounted yet. Should I cut the inside row of spikes off these too?

What about the fronts? I have schumy yellows and greens. should I just leave them alone, run them in practise, and change things as required?

Has anybody got any other tips?

Thanks,

Chris.
Old 13-05-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

We cut row's off tyres when we are running on high grip tracks never run on hincley so i wouldn know the grip level. As for your new tyres dont cut anything off them and try them. If you get grip roll the consider cutting a row off. Generally i start off with the front's then the back.

As for fronts if its dry run the yellow's. If is wet run the greens but if its wet you will also need a set of either schuamcher mini spike green's or ballisitic buggy green's.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 13-05-2009

Send a message via MSN to Chris Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post

As for fronts if its dry run the yellow's. If is wet run the greens but if its wet you will also need a set of either schuamcher mini spike green's or ballisitic buggy green's.

A
Thanks Ash.

I fear that if its wet, I'll be sat in the car waiting for the rain to die off . I need to stop being a pussy I reckon.
Old 13-05-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Green View Post
Hello Guys,

I'm not a racing newbie, but I've got my first outdoor meeting on the 24th May.

At the moment, I have a set of nearly new yellow schumy rears. These have the inside row of spikes cut off.

I also have a set of new mini spike-2's. These haven;t been mounted yet. Should I cut the inside row of spikes off these too?

What about the fronts? I have schumy yellows and greens. should I just leave them alone, run them in practise, and change things as required?

Has anybody got any other tips?

Thanks,

Chris.

Hi Chris, it will come down to it on the day to be honest.

DRY DAY
The grass will likely be 'slimey' early on with morning dew etc so I would run greens in practise. If it is a dry day from the start then it will be yellows.

As Ash as said we haven't been there as a region so we don't know how gripy the grass will be but I would imagine that at least the Outer rows will be coming off the tyres

WET DAY
Run greens all day - simple!

And also to add, outdoor racing is 100% better than indoor racing so don't worry with a bit of rain, all adds to the fun!!
Old 13-05-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
We cut row's off tyres when we are running on high grip tracks never run on hincley so i wouldn know the grip level. As for your new tyres dont cut anything off them and try them. If you get grip roll the consider cutting a row off. Generally i start off with the front's then the back.

A

Ash,

Ballistics on grass?? I've never ran them on an all grass track, sort it out my son!! (NOTE : Other people may run them so I don't mean to cause offence!)
Old 14-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Ash,

Ballistics on grass?? I've never ran them on an all grass track, sort it out my son!! (NOTE : Other people may run them so I don't mean to cause offence!)
Andy,
Your memory is failing.
What about the Oswestry national on 15 July 2007?
Admittedly that was the BJ4 and did no good at all!
Pete
Old 14-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Ash,

I hate Schumachers on wet grass personally, i always use BB's in those situations.
Old 16-05-2009

Send a message via MSN to russmini

So what Tyres exactly then would people use on normal Dry; Damp and Wet Grass ??? Need to make sure i've got them in my arsenal...

Cheers
Old 17-05-2009

if its wet or damp, then ballistic buggy greens. I like to use the 4wd fronts as they offer more front end (i should point out that I run 2wd S2)

In the dry you will be using Scheumacher Yellows.

Jon