Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 06-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
An electric motor has all its torque at low revs decreasing linear as revs raise. Whereas with Nitro it is vice versa. With disk brakes (which can be very aggressive) and all the torque at high revs, somehow I do feel the need to keep blipping the throttle - as its hard to give the car little throttle as a constant, the clutch engages and its off at warp factor 5!

You'll enjoy your switch to Nitro though Dave, I am. Its not as complex as it seems. I had fun today laughing at my dad getting things a bit wrong, but it was all fun, he couldn't hear me trying to shout him so he didn't know - he weren't listening to my directions beforehand anyway, funny though.
Yeah it was a good fun day, your car was looking good out there as well as the day wore on, even if you did cover me in mud with wheelspin after that double at one point! Cheers for the explanation on the torque stuff etc as well, makes a bit more sense to me now!
Old 27-09-2009

Default Well

i don't know. But my son visited The Nook 2 years ago with his Hyper 7. He had never driven a track in his life. We had spent a couple of hours geting the mixture right. On his second tank the kid was unbelievable. I have never seen a r/c car go so fast ever. I have seen fast. I have seen Li-Po brushless stuff and everything. Never seen anything so fast ever. It must have been fast cos in 6 laps he turned his clutch inside out so it all ended. I would have loved to see anything keep up with him in those few brief moments. Awesome. Now his starter box has bust and he's off at university. Maybe it will never happen again.