Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 21-09-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW
Default Agm - Rule proposals and Agenda

Rule proposals and Agenda are posted on the main BRCA site - discuss.
Old 21-09-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Im liking the one about the people who have been f1's and stop racing cant go any lower then f3. Means the proper can compete for the end of season finals.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 21-09-2007

rule 16.3 change to marshalling should be interesting for the likes of mr boulter!
Old 21-09-2007
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
Im liking the one about the people who have been f1's and stop racing cant go any lower then f3. Means the proper can compete for the end of season finals.

A
Ash you would still of had mark and nick at the F3`s, so your point isn`t valid
Old 21-09-2007

I know but for a "true" f5 to win the end of season finals would be very difficult but you are racing for the top f5 place really. Not for the win.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 21-09-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Stan was a true F5 as hes never had an F1!
Old 21-09-2007

Hasnt he wow stan is a true F5. Learn something new everyday.

A

Old 22-09-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDS MODELS View Post
rule 16.3 change to marshalling should be interesting for the likes of mr boulter!
Boulter will be alright, as he normally gets Bloomers/Benfield (or Brooke depending on the event) to cover for him.

It been proposed to stop those racers that never seem to marshall, and always get Dad to do the job.
Old 22-09-2007
Mad Member

think rule change 17.3 is a good idea at least if its published it may make others take notice and help with rule 17.13 change..

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 23-09-2007

I think there are to many rule changes. to many restrictions and way to many penalties. being proposed.

we do not enforce or use the rules we have already so why add more

This is a sport we all do this for fun, most of the rules are all ready in place,
you will kill the fun if any more penalties come in to force.

Slight word changing can mean a completely different rule so read very carefully

Why not implement the rules we already have properly.

Be very careful and if you do not go to the AGM and vote you will only have your selfs to blame.
Old 23-09-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRU View Post
I think there are to many rule changes. to many restrictions and way to many penalties. being proposed.

we do not enforce or use the rules we have already so why add more

This is a sport we all do this for fun, most of the rules are all ready in place,
you will kill the fun if any more penalties come in to force.

Slight word changing can mean a completely different rule so read very carefully

Why not implement the rules we already have properly.

Be very careful and if you do not go to the AGM and vote you will only have your selfs to blame.
you might p*s* yourselves here but hopefully common sense will be applied to these rules at meetings
Old 23-09-2007
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert digler View Post
you might p*s* yourselves here but hopefully common sense will be applied to these rules at meetings
No if you read rule 16.9 rev 4 in the onroad section it states "common sense is not permitted at any brca sanctioned event"

sorry mate
Old 23-09-2007
#1 ZX5 fan

I think most are sensibe.

15.32 is sensible but how to police it? Is it up to drivers to organise themselves in a line before going up to the rostrum, then after getting trannies getting their allotted place one by one take their place. This is reasonable except when time is tight and the previous final are slow getting off the rostrum I've had to rush onto the rostrum, grab tranny and try to get some of a lap in to check everything.

17.3 I defo agree with and seemingly didn't need to 2nd by Phil Sleigh in the end. I could not except last year that we couldn't find out if/what a driver had been penailsed with for a blatant break of the rules. Transparency is really important if everyone believes we are all treated fairly.

17.6 I agree with the sentiment of for defo. Where the offence warrents is sensible in the real world bit interpretation can lead to dissagreements, I hope it's passed or reworded so the sentiment stays.

Rule 21.4.1 Proposed Lee Martin 17.8.07
I struggle with this one, I can see what Lee means but think 15 is too few, 25 say is more reasonble IMHO

Rules Section 10 Proposed Lee Martin 17.8.07
But bearing in mind above, I simply don't understand why you've prompssed this one too Lee? Surely an F2 who hasn't finished in the top 15 (by previous proposal), but comes 5th at the F2 champs cannot be more deserving of an F1 license than someone who finishes 16th at the nationals. Lets bear in mind only 15 F1's would have excluded Truman and Cree in 2wd and Bradders and Woody in 4wd!!!!!!!

Ref numbers I wouldn't have agreed with this before this year but the numbers were so utterly crap this year I now do. This years numbers didn't stick properly and printing them randomly on the sheet was a right farce.

There concludes my thoughts, sorry fr boring you

Nortech is ACE!
Old 23-09-2007
Super Moderator

I don't really see what is wrong with 40ish F1's. The 33 1/3% number was used as it was 40 of 120 drivers. When Nationals were full years (and years) ago no one ever thought 40 was too many. I agree it was when we only had 80ish drivers doing nationals, hence the % idea.

G
Old 23-09-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

lees idea was to reduce F1's to make the people who get the grade 'really' deserve it, and make f2 and f3 grades more meaningful.
Old 23-09-2007
#1 ZX5 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRotheram View Post
lees idea was to reduce F1's to make the people who get the grade 'really' deserve it, and make f2 and f3 grades more meaningful.
I don't think it does that.

Paul Worsleys suggestion of investigating this idea fully is the best idea in my opinion, whether we have an interim year of say 25 F1's might be for the best?

Nortech is ACE!
Old 23-09-2007
Lee-Mag

Is it wrong though to move the f1 grade out of 90% of peoples reach, dont forget this is still the top 40 people in the uk, at some nationals this year there could of been 150 people if we count the reserve lists. plus the regional championships so overall i dont think 40 is a bad spread.

Maybe have an F0 for the top 10 if they really want to feel special, but surely the euro`s is for them?
Old 23-09-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Maybe have an F0 for the top 10 if they really want to feel special, but surely the euro`s is for them?
Hmm.. People wishing to feel special, should go ask there parents for a hug now and again.
Old 24-09-2007
LeeOtard

OK, think as you will....my theories do work although even i have gone off the idea of top 5 at F2's etc...

as for F1's......why do you really want a ~F1???

is it to make you feel special? i think so.....is it so you can say your F1....cause thats the only real reason????

The limited numbers of F1's will see other end of season finals dramatically increase...

The F2's can run on its own again to good effect, not just 5 heats....

im trying to make racing better for the future of the hobbie....i dnt care what formula people are, i want more people to race and help there local clubs..as im sure more F1s' would attend regionals if they were F2, as it would mean something....

slap me if im wrong here....but something needs to be done in order to help the clubs. these are the foundations of racing......

40 F1's is too much! only 120 drivers racing....maybe 15 is too small an amount..but im trying to highlight a problem here.

Lee
Old 24-09-2007
Banned

well said pidge,
we need to increase non national racing,
clubs regionals they all need more support,

trekkker