Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 24-09-2007
LeeOtard

exactly

least someone cares trekkker!

lol

i kno i havent had many book into my winter series yet! may cancel first meet.....
Old 24-09-2007
Super Moderator

But is it due to the number of each licence grade really?

Last year, by the time I had all Nationals and Regionals on my calander I had very little time for any club meetings if I wanted a life outside of racing also. Isn't that the problem?

G
Old 24-09-2007
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

the only real fair way i can see of doing this, is to take the total number of drivers that have competed in 4 or more events and split it 5 ways,IE 150 drivers 30 x f1 30 x f2 etc
and may be drop regional drivers to f3 max only,
Old 24-09-2007

I thought i might bring this old chesnut up. Kiddy tyres.
(sorry if this is in the wrong thread)
Are racers happy with this years choice or will they be happy going back to Ballistic Mini-Pins like previous years.
Who actually decides what tyres are used at national events.
Paint by Wezzer.
Old 24-09-2007
Super Moderator

Talking about old chesnuts:
Rule 3.7 Proposed: Paul Worsley 05.09.07.
Amend to read: - ‘Commercially available’ – Where the term commercially available appears in BRCA documentation in regard to racing equipment allowed in 1/10th. Off-Road sanctioned events, it is defined as any item or items being accessible for purchase by anyone and therefore must be or have been available in UK retail outlets in reasonable volume at any one time.
(Rationale: - The section needs to be covered when items are temporarily not available or items have been discontinued but still used).

Does this mean that the one off cars where home made bits are put on and cars that are in development like the Aero, X11 etc are banned until I can buy it in a UK model shop?

I go on about this every year!!

New Rule 15.32 Proposed John Spencer 17.8.07
Driver’s rostrum positions for “A” and all other finals to be decided by qualifying position (pole first choice to 10th last choice). (Reason: It is not fair for the driver in pole position to lose his preferred rostrum space as he has most to lose in the final).

Love it, how many times do you find yourself at the opposite end of the rostrum in the final even though you qualify on pole!
Old 24-09-2007
Mad Member

other way to look at it is if you want a prefered space get to the rostrum steps first to make sure your first up! thats what i do..

think the only mention of commercially available is to do with tyres not cars themselves!

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 24-09-2007
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITTLER555 View Post
New Rule 15.32 Proposed John Spencer 17.8.07
Driver’s rostrum positions for “A” and all other finals to be decided by qualifying position (pole first choice to 10th last choice). (Reason: It is not fair for the driver in pole position to lose his preferred rostrum space as he has most to lose in the final).

Love it, how many times do you find yourself at the opposite end of the rostrum in the final even though you qualify on pole!
It would be great, the only way it could not be a good idea is if no-one comes forward to police it. Maybe the referee team will do it?
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 24-09-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe View Post
I thought i might bring this old chesnut up. Kiddy tyres.
(sorry if this is in the wrong thread)
Are racers happy with this years choice or will they be happy going back to Ballistic Mini-Pins like previous years.
Who actually decides what tyres are used at national events.

The host clubs nominate two tyre choices with the help and guidence of the National Committee.
Old 24-09-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Amend to read: - ‘Commercially available’ – Where the term commercially available appears in BRCA documentation in regard to racing equipment allowed in 1/10th. Off-Road sanctioned events, it is defined as any item or items being accessible for purchase by anyone and therefore must be or have been available in UK retail outlets in reasonable volume at any one time.
(Rationale: - The section needs to be covered when items are temporarily not available or items have been discontinued but still used).

Does this mean that the one off cars where home made bits are put on and cars that are in development like the Aero, X11 etc are banned until I can buy it in a UK model shop?

I go on about this every year!!
The "Commercially Available" tag is only for specific rules, and not as a broad-brush across the whole rule book. I can only think of a couple of times it's used... Tyres, Cells & Motors.
Old 24-09-2007
Super Moderator

Quote:

And what on earth is a "reasonable volume"? I think this is a little vague tbh.

G
Old 24-09-2007
Super Moderator

It says " in regard to racing equipment". As your car is one of the main components of racing equipment I would say that it is covered under this rule proposal.

Otherwise we need a very specific list that could be arguably taken down to the nth degree.

Either say tyres, cells etc or let it be a free for all.

The prototype cars is a sticky subject, cars need to be developed for the benefit of all racers, however, lets say someone came up with the most efficient drive train on a car which made it quicker or techno shocks which soak each bump up perfectly.

If this was only available on one car which is not commercially available then I would think it was an unfair advantage, because I can't buy it.

I am just playing devils advocate, this discussion happens every year!
Old 24-09-2007
Super Moderator

Just going back to Rallying, but maybe the manifacturers should ensure at least 10 cars are available, a bit like the old homologation rules for Group B rally cars.

or maybe not HA!HA!
Old 24-09-2007
BANNED

I know where you are coming from, why do tyres, motors & cells need to be 'type-homologated' and not the cars?

The line needs to be drawn somewhere, I personally I think it's about right where it is currently, but it does always make good discussion.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 24-09-2007
BANNED

Quote:
Just going back to Rallying, but maybe the manifacturers should ensure at least 10 cars are available, a bit like the old homologation rules for Group B rally cars.

or maybe not HA!HA!
Intersting idea. Is it about money?

E.G, If Pidge had not done well with the Aero this year and pre-orders for the car had not been made they would probably not had the funds/confidence to make a mould for the car. Exposing the prototype was needed. It's different for bid names like AE, granted, but again it's a part of their marketing strategy, just for other reasons.

Sorry dude, just playing anti-devils advovcate.
Old 24-09-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

To be honest I think its difficult to have this rule. I can easily have a car (such as the 501x) shipped from abroad, anyone with a credit card can, but I have never seen it available "in the United Kingdom". Same for many parts. I'd be more in favour of "commercially available either in the UK or to be delivered to the UK".
Old 25-09-2007
Super Moderator

Quote:
E.G, If Pidge had not done well with the Aero this year and pre-orders for the car had not been made they would probably not had the funds/confidence to make a mould for the car. Exposing the prototype was needed. It's different for bid names like AE, granted, but again it's a part of their marketing strategy, just for other reasons.

Sorry dude, just playing anti-devils advovcate.
Well I did not really want to mention that car too much and no disrespect at all to Lee, he drove really well this year BUT, would it be fair to say he would've done as well with a Losi XX4?

Would I have been an F1 this year if I had an Aero to race? (probably not!)
Did that car have a unique performance advantage?

We will never know, it is a catch 22 situation, development of new cars is needed to progress the sport BUT if a ONE OFF, not commercially available, has such an advantage and lets say it was mine and I won next years championship then I would think my peers would want that car and question how I did it.

Again NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE, just proposing a possible point of view.
I don't mind the prototypes but racing fully commercially available cars would be fairer because there would be no excuses to give if your peers have equipment everyone could buy.

Playing devils, devils, anti, anti advocate!
Old 26-09-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

what happens when someone dremels a part to get more clearance? does it become a prototype?
Old 26-09-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Rule 21.1 Proposed: Paul Worsley 05.09.07.
Add: - Drivers that have achieved a top fifteen place in the overall Off-Road National Series since 1990 will not be demoted lower than F3.
(Rationale: - Stops top drivers retuning from the past and collecting F4/F5 trophies).

This makes me chuckle really...... i obviously got Paul's back-up by having another go at racing

I would happily honestly give the trophy away to anyone that feels they truely deserve it, i had fun winning trophies years ago and i can say hand on heart the last reason i entered the F2's / F3's was in the hope i might "Collect" a Trophy.

I only just started having another go this year and obviously it was too late to enter Nationals, so the only way for me to do any sort of competitive racing was by doing the above events.........

I didn't really think about people getting upset by it and to be honest surely the sport moves on a fair amount in 6 years (in my case) and even more so for F1's that were racing in 1990 for instance.

Also as pointed out you will always get the odd person like Stan who hasn't been an F1 and will be able to turn up and race anyway so what difference does it really make?

I just found that with Regionals being so poorly attended at least i got to do some proper racing at the F2's and F3's.
Old 26-09-2007
Mad Member

To be honest i didn't hear anyone moan about you or Stan soing the end of season finals!!!

I think it is a good idea though with not going any lower than F3, just thinking about the likes of Drescher who have been away racing snoring cars and can't get in Nationals!!

We want to see the best of the best, that includes you Nick !!
Just need to put little bit more time in 'like 6 weekends a year!!!'

Speaking of which Mr Goodall how are things looking for your rides for next year ??

PM Me if you got nothing sorted...
Old 26-09-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Maybe they could allow Ex-F1's to race, but to then be excluded from the final positions or something.... too late now to worry about and i expect the rule will be approved so i'll just have to see!

At least i would still get to do the F2's next year, but due to getting Married i don't think i can do Nat's in 2008 either so was hoping to do all of our Regionals and CML meetings, then the EOS Finals again just to get more practise in, then i could hopefully have a proper bash in 2009!