Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 21-07-2006

Send a message via MSN to ryan
Default rear grip

the bx used to struggle for rear end grip dramaticaly (i cant spell!) after turning the ballstuds upside down its awesome. i am going to keep it to yokomo parts i think.
Old 21-07-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

sounds like there wasn't enough camber change on the rear to keep the tyre flat, mid corner it was probably rolling off the outer edge of the tyre.
Old 21-07-2006
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
the bx used to struggle for rear end grip dramaticaly.......
Who's the daddy?

G
Old 21-07-2006

????
Old 24-07-2006

Quote:
the bx used to struggle for rear end grip dramaticaly (i cant spell!) after turning the ballstuds upside down its awesome. i am going to keep it to yokomo parts i think.
thats very strange, as it was designed to run on dirt not grass, never the less it is easier to get grip than loose it (at least thats the experience i had with the BC)
i'll get one of these one day and find out for myself.
Old 24-07-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Bathys BX oversteers massively, three rows off the tyres and still couldn't correct it. Seems that most of the ones i saw go round had a tendancy to oversteer and kick the rear end out.
Old 24-07-2006

Default steering

not if you do my steering mod!!!
ryan
Old 25-07-2006

Ryan ,

Put a shot of your steering mod plz.
It's to much interesting.

Somebody go to the European championship at Vienna ?
There is carpet, at the warmup, on the straight, the big corner on the left, on the four jumps, on the table ...and on the 360° corner ( halfpipe )
Is the rear end mod great for this track ?

thx
Old 25-07-2006

Cool bx

hi bastos,
the first time i used the steering mod was on a tight twisty carpet track and it didnt grip roll once; i use the steering mod on all tracks even if low grip as it kicks the rear end out and on high grip tracks like astroturf it stops it digging in, also have the front end ride height higher than the rear so the weight is at the back and stops digging in so much. The rear end mod (ball studs upside down) i use on any track or any surface to stop the rear end powersliding. When i used the bx at oswesrty where there was a big table top the bx stuggled to fly (lol its not a plane!!) probarly becuase i got the fattest batteries ever (peak 4300) try some harder springs on the front to push the front end of the jump. Most people are running associated shocks now but i found the yokomo shocks just as good i also had to put limiters in the rear shock to stop the drive shaft falling out. i do want to try it with associated b4 rear hubs and associated drive shafts for even more rear end grip. i have not found my camera yet so no photos of the steering, i will pm you some better instructions.
hope this helps!!!!
ryan
Old 25-07-2006
Banned

Quote:
hi bastos,
i will pm you some better instructions.
Ryan,

Post them also on the site, please!

Cheeeeers!
Old 25-07-2006

Ryan,

For the yokomo shocks, if you think they are better ( that's I think ) try to find this yokomo reference ( long shocks shaft 49,6mm ) : YS-5L-2T
to have the same lenght as asso shocks.( Use "BRADDERS" rear shock tower )
For the rear hub, I've win a french nats on slippery tracks with rayspeed rear hub 0,5° and original rear hub ( to have classic 3° toe in or more) and with CVDs Dogbones...its right that the cvds give something more ( traction out of corner ).
Gallery here : http://www.mini-zone.com/plugins/dia...fr&diapo_id=27

See my yokomo ( the yellow one )

Thx for your help

YOKOMO better than before

( I still wait the shot of ur steer mod )
Old 25-07-2006

The U.K. rear mod is interesting, but, perhaps there is something more simple.`
Take a look on your front hub carrier...you can set the wheel base, long or short, I think you can modified the arms to make the wheelbase more shorter.( just to put two spacers on the front of hub )
By this, the steering is totaly different and the rear end don't go out during corner and the front end is smoother...good for slippery tracks.

:santa:
Old 26-07-2006

Default bx

i have two of the "bradders" shock towers that i used with the associated shocks, it is higher than standard. what is the advantage of using long shock shaft and the "bradders" shocktower does it give the car more droop? if it does the driveshaft will fall out with the rear end mod so do you have to run rayspeed hubs and b4 driveshafts? i tryed the front hub spacing and still found it digging in to much so i always run the upside down ballstud it transformsthe car to a 4wd beast!!! do you run the rear end mod? you must be pretty good if you won th efrench national i dont think i can compare my self to you!!!

ryan
Old 26-07-2006
Banned

Quote:
"bradders" shock towers
Sorry, what is this exactly? :scratch: :-D
Old 26-07-2006

http://www.mini-zone.com/diapo/2006_06_34_cf4/100_9852.JPG

Is this your car then Bastos, it looks really good, liking it!

Got a few questions for you, the white turnbuckles are they Losi ones and you’ve drilled holes in them? Did you move the belt tensioner to the top hole or are you running two, one below and one on top?

Also have you ever had any problems with your PT missing laps where it’s fitted, if I do decide to use mine again then that is where I was going to mount it!

Also I notice that you have put two screws through the rear diff cover, I wanted to screw mine on, so I didn’t cut it out as per the instructions leaving it as a large square, this enables you to fix it down using the four screws which hold the diff plate in place.

Oh and also I recommend buying the alloy front brace if you can, strengthens up the front nicely.

David/Bathy
Old 26-07-2006

Default bradders shock tower

the bradders shock tower is a modified version that has some thing to do with neil cragg and paul bradby/bradders it is higher than standard so you can run associated shocks or longer shock shafts, you can buy them of him for about £15. i have a spare one brand new that you could buy from me for £15 + p&p i can not make any chaeper as thats what i payed it does not come in a packet as i brought it of mike bradby.(pauls dad)
ryan
Old 26-07-2006
Banned

Thanks Ryan.

Quote:
.....neil cragg and paul bradby/bradder......
How to contact them please? Are they on this forum?

Cheeeeerrrs.....
Old 26-07-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by winehundred
Sorry, what is this exactly? :scratch: :-D
Because I got it from paul bradby
Old 26-07-2006

Default rear shocktower

i dont think they are on this forum but neil/mick cragg use www.doughtyuk.net send " neilcragg" a personal message he can help you better than me.
ryan

BASTOS:
have you tried the setup i posted? did you win any more nationals?
Old 26-07-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathy
http://www.mini-zone.com/diapo/2006_06_34_cf4/100_9852.JPG

Is this your car then Bastos, it looks really good, liking it!

Got a few questions for you, the white turnbuckles are they Losi ones and you’ve drilled holes in them? Did you move the belt tensioner to the top hole or are you running two, one below and one on top?

Also have you ever had any problems with your PT missing laps where it’s fitted, if I do decide to use mine again then that is where I was going to mount it!

Also I notice that you have put two screws through the rear diff cover, I wanted to screw mine on, so I didn’t cut it out as per the instructions leaving it as a large square, this enables you to fix it down using the four screws which hold the diff plate in place.

Oh and also I recommend buying the alloy front brace if you can, strengthens up the front nicely.

David/Bathy

1) Yes it's losi ones, drilled for the original ball stud
2) I use top hole of the tensioner
3)For the PT, I never have problem, but 2/3% of detection, be carefull.
Perhaps just behind the motor.
4)For the cover, I use small screw from associated/ losi generaly use for fixing the front wing.