Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 29-04-2016

Default FF-01 evo

I think this one can be shared here ...

It started as a classic Tamiya FF-01...

And I wanted to push it a little bit further, so I started with some mods on the gears ( new spur gear, to get a lower final ratio and get a decent speed with 13.5 and 17.5 motors, I also replaced the differential with a TA-03 differential wich is more resistant than the original one, and finally, I found that the problem was also the weight distribution, so I wanted to try something different...

Chassis is made of 3mm aluminium, top plate out of 2mm aluminium, I can put the servo in the same position than with the original FRP chassis or on top, batteries used are super shorty's, or normal shorty's, a normal lipo pack can be used too, but can't be fitted lenghtwise...

I didn't test a lot, as I'm on other projects now ( new house ) but I get much more front grip, steering, and acceleration out of tight corners...

I didn't make the parts by myself, I just did the design, or prototype parts, some friends did the rest ( so if anyone wants some parts, I can give you the usefull contacts )
Old 11-05-2016
Mad Member

cool conversion and nice to see some love for fwd can we see an action vid?

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 18-05-2016

I had no chance to make a vid when I tested it, and now it is in a box waiting the end of my house renovation ... ( first the kitchen, then a track in the garden, then the workshop :-) )
I'm thinking about a buggy conversion too... ( I think you already did this ? )
Old 18-05-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebx-10 View Post
I had no chance to make a vid when I tested it, and now it is in a box waiting the end of my house renovation ... ( first the kitchen, then a track in the garden, then the workshop :-) )
I'm thinking about a buggy conversion too... ( I think you already did this ? )
Hehe, I'll wait patiently then

And re- a buggy conversion, yes I did (link), it's good fun but it's not a proper off-road buggy in the sense that the short shocks can't soak up large bumps or jumps and the gearbox' service life might be limited (no slipper, brittle casing)

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 18-05-2016

was thinking to mix some manta ray/top force parts, self made shock tower to put longer shocks but anyway, it will be limited to a mabuchi or soft 13.5 for garden use...