Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > YORCC - York

Old 26-11-2015

Default Racing at York Sat/Sun 28/2th Nov.

Club night on Saturday, usual classes etc. Doors open early at 1715 for track building. Racing starts around 1900 when track is complete. The track will be left in place overnight for the Sunday meeting.
Doors open 0800 on Sunday. Practice can start after changes to track, hopefully around 0815, only one 5min. practice session per driver allowed. Qualifying begins 0930.
Closing time for on- line entries (brca-ne or yorcc@hotmail.co.uk) will be
Friday 27th at 1800, to allow for heat listings to be made.
Any entries on the day will be unseeded in an additional heat or replace no-shows.
Please note: There are no hot food facilities at the school, only snacks. However there are takeaways nearby and they do deliver. Details are available from regular users.
Mike
Old 29-11-2015
Mad Member

Excellent meeting today guys...! 👍
Old 29-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7ELA View Post
Excellent meeting today guys...! 👍
I'll second that 👍
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 30-11-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yup great Sunday meeting, really enjoyed it. Few issues with lower heat drivers marshalling, but the Sunday meeting format works well. Thanks to Mike and Steve for putting on a good meeting.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 30-11-2015
Super Moderator

Yes, it was a good day, shame the heat/warmth grip level only came up towards the end which meant i was going 2.5 seconds quicker per lap in the final than in the first round!

Just like F1!

BRITISH NATIONAL 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2012
BRITISH NATIONAL SERIES 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2013

Old 30-11-2015

[QUOTE=neallewis;933631]Yup great Sunday meeting, really enjoyed it. Few issues with lower heat drivers marshalling

You were only in the heat after me MR BIG SHOT.
But I'm sorry I couldn't get to your car in the time scale you expect neal... as I had only just ran to the other end of the track to Marshall a car for another Marshall and was slightly out of breath!
And also throwing a tissy fit on the rostrum is only going to get you an angry response!
But do except my sincere apologies.

To the rest of the guys at the club, Thankyou for a brilliantly run meeting was a brilliant day just wish I could have got to grips with the slippy floor a bit more lol
Associated B6.1
Old 30-11-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

[QUOTE=ja76;933649]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Yup great Sunday meeting, really enjoyed it. Few issues with lower heat drivers marshalling

You were only in the heat after me MR BIG SHOT.
But I'm sorry I couldn't get to your car in the time scale you expect neal... as I had only just ran to the other end of the track to Marshall a car for another Marshall and was slightly out of breath!
And also throwing a tissy fit on the rostrum is only going to get you an angry response!
But do except my sincere apologies.

To the rest of the guys at the club, Thankyou for a brilliantly run meeting was a brilliant day just wish I could have got to grips with the slippy floor a bit more lol
I don't know who you are, or what you are referring to, but I was referring to a few incidents of young children marshalling in places where they should have really been accompanied by adults, mostly for their own safety. Example at end of straight, where I had another marshal swap with him, as the young boy was out of his depth.

Also, there were times when people did not marshal, so there were significant coverage holes in areas of the track. Mike addressed this later on by moving and volunteering himself at times.

If you were the bloke talking, and not at all paying attention your designated track area, resulting in several drivers not being marshalled in heat 7 then you really need to focus on yours surroundings. Out of breath? You hadn't moved.
I shouted at the end of that particular race as there was a friends car upside down on the last lap and you had assumed that the race had finished, which it hadn't. This was after you had caused a number of other drivers, myself included to lose a lot of time as you were having a conversation. Its really a poor show. Apology accepted, move on.

Heat order was calculated based on current series points. Look at meeting finishing positions for a clearer picture.

10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 30-11-2015

You clearly talking about someone else because I only spoke to the Marshall next me at the end (after the buzzer went) to voice my concerns about the lack protection behind us from the cars going past full on
As this was proved later on when he was hit, I always take my marshalling very seriously and always watch my area and turn any cars over as fast as possible and yours (the green yz4) was the only one that I never got to as quick as normal as I said earlier and I accept that
Things I can't stand is people shouting and screaming from the rostrum let alone when there is young kids about! Plus let's not forget who crashed in the first place
Yes I'm no amazing driver I know that and I'll openly admit it to anyone, but i enjoy what i do
I'm a f5 and your a f3 so I'd hope there would be a big difference in results
And so yes that's the end of it for me
Associated B6.1
Old 30-11-2015

Pleased you all 'enjoyed' the meeting . The heat listing was based on Ranking from the 1st round and 2016 F rating of those doing 'their' first round. It has to be done manually because bbk cannot sort by formula and ranking. Those who entered on the day took pot luck.
Roll on Seaham
Mike
Old 02-12-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Yup great Sunday meeting, really enjoyed it. Few issues with lower heat drivers marshalling, but the Sunday meeting format works well. Thanks to Mike and Steve for putting on a good meeting.
Just watched a video of the A final 4wd, wasn't that you neal dropping the second placed car and stepping in front of the 4th placed car 90 seconds into the race...??? The A final...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puWeFb5dY3I

I suppose marshals are only doing their best and its the drivers fault for crashing. (Apart from on this occasion where the second place lad got taken out and the 4th place lad did nothing wrong either...!)

I suppose it doesn't really matter that much in a heat as if one gets ruined you get another chance but a final, there's no coming back is there...