Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 30-04-2010

Good choice with the bearings, if you use the bushings that come with it you will damage the shafts they spin on and that's no good
Old 30-04-2010

Default bearings, but where from?....

Hi guys! I know that I have to buy bearings, but do anybody know a place where to buy them cheap? Here I have a place where I can buy bearings for about € 0.1 a piece. Is there any site where they are so cheap that it is worth order from there?
Old 30-04-2010

There's a couple guys on ebay that sell them, I got mine from here

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....0#ht_500wt_750

And there's another add here, both in the UK

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ansmann-Macnum...b#ht_795wt_734
Old 30-04-2010
Thieving scumbag

i got mine from rc bearings they are £8 for the set and rubber sealed not metal
Old 30-04-2010

and are rubber sealed better than those metal sealed?
Old 30-04-2010

There is no real diferance in rubber vs metal seald bearings except that the rubber seald bearings are easyer to cleen because you can take out the rubber seal easyer then the metal seal, witch is to recomend for RC were its dirty, sandy and grasy.
Old 30-04-2010

I took a cheap route by buying bearings from a source on Ebay for our 2 rats and now regret it - Loads of play in them; I'm now replacing some with a set of bearings straight out of an X-Pro kit and will be sourcing the remainder from, probabely, RC Bearings as mentioned.... so beware.
Old 30-04-2010

so you don't really recommend to buy from ebay?... rc bearings looks pretty good to me as well.... I reallly wouldn't like to get bad quality bearings, even less, because I have to buy 2 sets, one for me and one for a friend.
Old 30-04-2010

I bought my bearing ball set at RC Bearing too, and it's really cheap and good service !
Old 30-04-2010

Default bearings

Well, I've placed an order for 2 sets of bearings on RcBearings. Thanks for the tips anyway! I'll see now how fast it will arrive I'm desperately waiting for them, cas untill they arrive, I cannot do much on the assembling process. I've glued the tires today (they might fall apart as I didn't use too much glue on the first few moves ) They are my first handglued tires
Old 01-05-2010

Hi everyone!
I am slowly assembling the Mad Rat. Slowly, because I have ordered the bearing sets from rcbrearings yesterday, and today I got the comfirmation from them. (have to mention that it really looks like a nice shop! ... if there is somebody from them than Congratulations! :P )
I think I've put together everything I could without without the bearings. Today I have filled the shocks (even thou they are plastic shocks, they are pretty good! Even better than the aluminium ones on my Torche Pro monster truck )
Also installed the servo (the one the monster came with, cas I have changed the servo in it with a Tower Pro metal gear MG995. I think the monster needs more torquee servo than a buggy does )
The fitting for the body are also mounted, as well as the battery tray fittings.
what else....?
Rear suspention and tail spoiler horn installed last night :P (that's when you have broke it up with your girlfriend :P )
I have to buy some tools for the next time... I have only a small L shape hex driver as on the Monster I have star headed screws. This came with them all hex :P My fingers are destroyed from putting all those screws into place with that small hex.
What's new by the others?
cheers guys!
Old 01-05-2010

You should be so impatient !!
You can built everything but the transmission part, so you have some work to do

If you live in UK, you should receive the bearing soon.
Old 01-05-2010

Would be nice if I would live in the UK
I live in Dracula's country my friend :P Don't know when will those bearings get here. the good part is that they are on their way.
Unfortunately, also the drive train needs those bearings. 2/each wheel
One question thou... after the instructions manual, in point 22, there is only 1 nylon washer/side? cas there are 4. Only 2 are needed?
Old 01-05-2010

Ok roumania mate

You only need 1 nylon washer per side, so you have 2 as spares... or you can use this washer to set up your car geometry.
Old 01-05-2010

Sorry, what do you mean by "car geometry" ?
Old 01-05-2010

Default Motor

Hey gusy!
Is there a big difference between az EZrun of 8,5T and on of 9T ?
I don't really see a good offer for a 8,5T and on the Hobbyking they have EZrun 9T for about 25 dollars. Is a 9T so bad or what??
Old 02-05-2010

I've seen videos of the 9T and it looks plenty fast enough.

I was driving my madrat for the first time yesterday and it handled pretty good for a first drive. I need to tighten the diff a bit and adjust the front end I think since I found it whipped around a a little TOO sharp on my bumpy track. I was driving it with the stock motor it comes with and a 1991 Novak speed controller and a 2 cell Lipo and even like that the performance is good. I'll be using a 13T brushless motor next week which should be fast enough for me. I'm using cheap 3 racing shocks which with the plastic shock internals and shafts with some travel limiters on the bottom of the shaft. I didn't think they were going to be any good, but it's actually pretty good.

Now I need to work on the track, smooth it all out, get rid of the grass and add some technical sections so it's fun. I'm racing against a Tamiya Dark Impact 4wd in the backyard championship and so far the Madrat is a lot faster and much much more nimble, but lets see what happens in a couple weeks when they are both brushless , the Dark Impact will actually have the 9T EZrun.

Edit: Got that 9T EZrun and it goes fast

I Still have the Team C stadium truck I haven't used yet, the shocks on that are awesome so it should be even better again.

Next time I build one of these I'll defiantly use a 3mm tap or use one of the long ball cups in every hole first, I've worn off the ends on a lot of 2 mm allen keys and stuffed up a few of the hex screws during the building
Old 02-05-2010

Nice to here about you and your "precious" I'm glad to hear that, even as I am a bit gelous :P Last night while watching Forrest Gump, I've installed the shocks. Again,I have to say that they are surprisingly good!
Regarding to the EZrun 9T... I still can't decide about to buy it or not. On hobbyking they write nice reviews about it. For shure I will start running the Mad Rat with the BL sistem I'll take out of the Torche Pro. I've heard that it would be a 3300kv motor.
Old 02-05-2010

Another question: are the screws on the Mad Rat metric size? I have to buy a set of hex drives. Probably a set of Fastrax Interchangeable Hex Drivers. A local shop has of those.
Old 02-05-2010
Thieving scumbag

yes they are all you really need is a good 2mm driver to sort it all out