Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 29-11-2010

Im quite curious as to how the mid motor car performs differently then the rear motor car. Would it be better on a bumpy track or not...
Old 29-11-2010

I would like to find a setup PDF for the car, but don't it?
Did you do a test in indoor track with carpet and gym floor?

I would like to find a better setup as i have for next friday
Old 29-11-2010

Ive not found a setup sheet for the mid motor car, you might have to use the standard one for now, many available here, http://www.tqracing.net/category/setups/
But I would think you might want to look at the schumacher cougar sv setups, its probably the most similar to the team C.
Old 29-11-2010

The car had its first outing yesterday at Ardent, very interesting day, wooden floor with little amount of grip, so far breakages are as follows, 2 rear wishbones, 1 front axle, 2 shock towers, mostly due to the cold, -6C in the building, -5 outside, a few people had similar breakages due to the cold so I would put most of it down to that, as the day progressed and I got to used with the lack of grip and running a new style of car, never driven a mid motor car, things started going quite well, first heat managed to set a time of 11 laps 317.70, 36th overall, running mini spikes all round, fairly new on the rear, part worn mini pins on the front, trying be smooth and consistent, slowly getting to know how the car handles and drives compared to a rear motor car, 2nd heat managed to set a time of 11 laps 304.01 39th overall, all I changed was front springs to sliver losi, running new Durango DBoots on the rear, not as much grip as the mini pins but still put a quicker lap time in, think most of that was getting used to the track and the car and feeling where I could go faster than before, also changed the rear shock position to the outer settings on the rear arm, car was getting easier to drive as I got used to it, 3rd heat managed to win that heat with a 12 320.11, 35 overall, so far improved every round, changed nothing to the car apart from going back to mini pins, just went out and see if I could improve with the car as it was, but I think I tried too hard an set a 12 325.75 back to 39th overall, so after all that managed to put it 9th in the D final, finished 3rd in the final, more than happy with the way the car ran, very easy to drive considering the grip and that rear motor cars did have overall more traction but for a first meeting it seem to be everything a mid motor car is and can be, felt almost like a 4wd drive car, if the rear lost traction a quick flick on the steering and it corrected its self and didnt break away like a rear motor car can sometimes, seemed to have plenty of steering and front end grip, all the car needs is a meeting with a bit more grip to see its full potential, cant wait to run it again, next meeting will be at Coventry on the 12th of December, not too long away, hopefully have time to give a report after that meeting.
Old 10-12-2010

right ive ordered the stick pack conversion
http://www.tcmodels.net/index.php?pa...mart&Itemid=71
just one worry the pics dont show the idle gear bearings and the idle gear post also the motor mount plate bracket thingy(the little blue on)
its exactly the same price so im guessing there included other wise im screwd
anyone else gone with the stick pack chassis ive only got sticks for now but when i get saddles i can buy the chassis as its only 13$
any help guys
i have emailed them to ask just awaiting there reply
Old 11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
right ive ordered the stick pack conversion
http://www.tcmodels.net/index.php?pa...mart&Itemid=71
just one worry the pics dont show the idle gear bearings and the idle gear post also the motor mount plate bracket thingy(the little blue on)
its exactly the same price so im guessing there included other wise im screwd
anyone else gone with the stick pack chassis ive only got sticks for now but when i get saddles i can buy the chassis as its only 13$
any help guys
i have emailed them to ask just awaiting there reply
Everything you need to do the conversion comes with the kit , might not all be in the picture but it's all in the box
Old 14-12-2010

well i cant belive it
got home today and there was a package for me,
i only ordered my conversion kit late on friday evening and its here
just waiting on my madrat to come tomorrow then ill get some pics up
just need to decied what shocks to use
cant say anything bad about tcmodels there the best