Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > WORM - Weston-Super-Mare

Old 07-10-2013
Mad Member

Default MMMRC Club AGM, Sunday 27th October.

As you should be aware, WORM is the offroad section of the MMMRC club.

MMMRC are now holding their AGM on Sunday 27th October this year.

The AGM is of particular importance this year as it also marks the start of discussions for agreeing a new long term lease period on the site. The current (5 year I think) lease runs out in the new year I believe, so it is critical this year to safeguard the future of the whole site for continued club usage.

WORM, as a section of MMMRC has so far not held it's own sub AGM, not because we want to keep it that to ourselves, but purely because we are trying to keep things as simple and relaxed as possible, and keeping our eyes and ears open to your thoughts and suggestions at any time, rather than just once a year.

Since the club membership is relatively small in numbers, and the responsibilities and details of how the club is run are few, this has so far been ok, and we have no current plans to change this unless our circumstances change to mean we need to.

Under our current arrangement with MMMRC, as WORM members you are not currently able to attend their AGM. In order attend their AGM you need to be a fully paid up MMMRC (onroad) member.

The AGM will be attended by 2 of our sections 'committee' those people being myself and Kev Taylor, so we will be acting as the voices of the offroad section this time around.

So...in the name of club happiness and progress...we would happily welcome any input from anyone who has anything to add regarding the future of the club and any issues, suggestions or assistance you might be able to offer that might be relevant to our AGM attendance.

Either see myself, Si, Rick or Kev personally on the Saturday, or preferably, give us some extra notice by emailing myself ASAP with your input.

PM me for my email address if you do have anything...and the offroad section committee will discuss including it at the main AGM if we can't answer it or just include it ourselves without the AGM even being involved!

Suffice to say, we will be doing everything in our powers to safeguard the future of the offroad track, keep costs to a minimum, and improve the facilities we have available to us!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 07-10-2013

Andy,

Mike Mannings post on the Mendip forum says "If you are keen to see RC racing (both On and Off Road) continue at the Mendip Raceway then you really need to attend this meeting" from what you are saying that is not an open invitation then?

Paul
Old 09-10-2013

The BRCA AGM is on the 27 October if this has any impact on the proceedings
Old 20-10-2013
Mad Member

Update....

WORM members are now allowed to come along to the AGM if they wish.

The AGM starts at 12 noon in the clubhouse/cafe.

However...only full onroad MMMRC members are allowed to vote during proceedings. As mentioned before Myself and Kev are full voting members of MMMRC, this honours our agreement with MMMRC when we set up with them 15 months ago.

Voting rights is on the small list of things we intend to address during this years AGM for future years.
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 20-10-2013

Looking forward to attending ...
Old 20-10-2013

Ditto
Old 20-10-2013

I would like someone to table a motion to paint the rostrum pink. Fluorescent pink.

See you all on Sat,

Tom
Old 20-10-2013

I would like to propose for the off road section contact details (website etc) to be put on the rostrum, and a shelf under neath the rostrum be made so that cars and radios can be put there after each heat to speed up the meeting.
Returning to your pit table to charge batteries is not necessary as they would be still hot from being used so a five minuet cooling off period will not cause a problem.

See you on sat with buggy and SCT

Neale
Old 20-10-2013

Keep the sensible feedback (Tom) coming guys.