Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 19-10-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

heat shouldn't be too much of an issue, I am getting 2led's on the Pro in the 4wd, I do run a small fan though, mainly to remind me that my lipo cells are still connected.,
Old 19-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
heat shouldn't be too much of an issue, I am getting 2led's on the Pro in the 4wd, I do run a small fan though, mainly to remind me that my lipo cells are still connected.,
It was the motor heat that I was having concerns with, but the set-up is now fantastic.
Old 19-10-2009

Where can the RX8 be bought in the UK? I'd be interested in either the ESC alone or a combo with motor.
Old 19-10-2009

you could try Fusion Hobbies (link is in my sig line)
Old 20-10-2009

Send a message via Skype™ to Kaizen

The new firmware is umbelievable !!
I didn't test it yet on a track but just by taking the car in the hands and pushing forwards, we see a huge difference in RPM (I even didn't try to reach the limit to avoid to damage it without load)
Looking forward the next race... I'll post my feedback after this sunday race !!
Old 21-10-2009

What gearing for a tekin 7.5 in a losi xxx-cr with tekin RS esc. I set the timing to 80 and limit the same. Seen gearings up to 27/78!!! Isn't that a bit high? Where do you start?
Old 22-10-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

I'd expect to start around 78/24 or so. Gearing is always relevant to track size so while it does sound a bit tall it might not be if the user is using lower timing advance settings like say 40. That setup would give you plenty of speed and a very mellow powerband.
Old 15-11-2009
Mad Member

Went to a touring-competition today, which is kind of fun for me as I drive mostley offroad.
It was a competition on carpet, organised by the local dealer MCM (organisation was TOP-NOTCH!!).
I was gonna compeed with my new schumacher Mi4 which I had never driven before in competition.
I got some (no .. lots of ) advice from Marc Joossen, dad of the deceased Koen Joossen about the Schum-car. (I ran a Tamiya 416 previously) and got a car that basically was OK.
I installed my Tekin RS Pro, which I usually run in my RB5 and Predator X11 (I have two offcourse) into the Mi4 as I always do, connected all wires ... got the car ready.
This time however, I had the 200-software downloaded and ready on my laptop.

So after the qualifiers, (I was running in the 17.5-fun-class) I was able to Q 10th out of 25 and got a ticket for the A-finale.
My car was running great and was very stable, .. so I decided I might try the 200-software in stead of the 189 I always use for off-road-driving.

Well, I was not easy to update my ESC. I had to run the update twice and multiple restarting ... untill 10 minutes for the first finale ... I finally had the 200-version Tekin-soft installed on the ESC and quickly put in the basic-setup I found on rctech ...

WOW!
What a punch! The turbo-boost-function does makes just such a difference.
I had some luck at the start, multiple cars in front of me had crashes and with the punch the Tekin gave, I easely surpassed 3 or 4 cars in the sprint, and then by passing the crashed cars, I found myself in 3th position.

lol, Only problem was that I am not used to this kind of punch and had difficult to prevent little mistakes.
I went great until a missed the gripline in a fast corner and hit the boarding and my battery came loose.
Pitty but soooo much fun.

Unfortunatly for me in the next finales, there were less cars crashing and it was difficult to get up front with all this awesome new power.
I don't even know what my end-result was, but that I certainly moved
up front and it was clear for me, that I will have lots of fun with the 200-software in the future.

Anyway, THANKS Tekin-dudes you got me a big grin on my face today
(and God knows that I could use that.)
Old 15-11-2009

Ludo, if the torque is a little to much, what you can do, is mix some motor with the ESC timing, as long as it don't go above 30' in total, it is a good way of tuning. Adding some timing to the motor takes off some of the rip, and gives you a little more RPM, and then the added ESC timing, tops that up.

But glad you liked it, imagine what it is like, 10.5, carpet, foams, additive and 1400g weight...!!
Old 16-11-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

Ha, he had too much power!? LOL
Old 16-11-2009

Hi chaps. Just bought a Tekin RS pro to shoehorn into my new DEX410. I read up to page 11 and started to get confused (its been a long day) and would like to ask your advice rather than make a hash of working it out myself.

I have a 8.5 LRP X12 (4 dot insert) which is 22/87 geared for indoors/tight 50% carpet + 50% slippy. Can you give me a decent starting set up i can use without Hotwire (haven't ordered it yet)

I'll also be running a 5.5 Novak ballistic 20 or 21/87 on medium grip /medium sized tracks. Again just a starting point for me without using Hotwire.

Thanks guys
Old 17-11-2009

As you will be on a much older firmware (hunt down someone with a hotwire asap).

Brake Strength - 100 (max)
Drag Brake - 0
Neatrual Width - 8 (led 1&2)
Throttle Profile - 3 (led 3)
Timing - 80 (led 7)
Limiter - 90 (led 7&8)

See how that goes, but the new software if much better.
Old 17-11-2009

Agreed (mostly) with DCM, apart from i would put 10 on the drag brake, its all personal preference but it may also help if its a slippy track.

But definately hunt somoene with a hot wire down as the new firmware comes with free big Grins !! Its awesome !
Old 17-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlowS View Post
But definately hunt somoene with a hot wire down as the new firmware comes with free big Grins !! Its awesome !
I likes that!!!
Old 17-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Ludo, if the torque is a little to much, what you can do, is mix some motor with the ESC timing, as long as it don't go above 30' in total, it is a good way of tuning. Adding some timing to the motor takes off some of the rip, and gives you a little more RPM, and then the added ESC timing, tops that up.
and how do you add timing to the motor? (I used an Orion 17.5 brushless)

+ is there a plcae (link?) where you can find setup-sheets for the ESC-soft?
I know where to find the blanco ones, but haven't found any filled in.
Old 17-11-2009

Does the Orion not have adjustable timing?

For setup sheets, do a search on Facebook, for Team Tekin.
Old 17-11-2009
Mad Member

And why isn't this new 200-software available for downloading from the Tekin-site??

Seems so NOT-logic to me.
If someone could provide me the latest 200-edition (I received the 200-software via a mail from a friendly Tekin-guy ... but also found a Vegas-edition (??) on rctech .. is this the same?)

I would be glad to host that software on my webserver, if this could help.
Old 17-11-2009

The reason being, is that with the new software, Randy wants to make sure that users know, if they use the v200 in sensored only mode, what can happen, if you over-time the motor, which you can now do. With ESC and motor timing, you could be running 50' timing which is only good for one thing, motor meltdown.

the v200 has a timing boost facility, ontop of the motor timing, which comes in after a delay period on full throttle (min is 0.5 of a second), the Vegas edition, has a lower min delay of 0.2 second.
Old 17-11-2009
Mad Member

thx, makes sence.
and why should one choose to have a short or a longer delay?
Old 17-11-2009

it depends on the track, smaller indoor carpet tracks, would require a shorter delay, before you add more timing on, where as on a big outdoor track, it would allow the motor more time to spool, before you put another 10-20' timing on it, keeps it cooler too.