Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 06-03-2010

Default Servos for the 1:18 scale

Just wanted to know what people are using in their 1:18th scale cars as I need to get one and not quite sure which to go for, decisions decisions...
Old 06-03-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

What car is it some cars you can fit larger servo's in. Some cars only take the smallest of small servo's.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 06-03-2010
Mad Member

I use a mini Savox in my shark,you can fit a full size servo in them, i'm not sure about the x-ray though.

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 06-03-2010
Mad Member

If it's a Blaze or Shark variant then the Ino-Lab 261HB is the best you can buy, if you need a smaller or cheaper servo then the Savox 0257 is the one some people use.

You also want the micro XRay servo saver to go with it.
Old 06-03-2010

Thanks, I have the Xray Servo Saver, just need to get the servo itself. I'll have a look at those suggested, thanks.
Old 10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedsrcmcc View Post
Thanks, I have the Xray Servo Saver, just need to get the servo itself. I'll have a look at those suggested, thanks.
Installed the Savox servo tonight to ready to run. however, the servo saver collars that come with the Xray kit do not have a small enough splined hole to fit onto the tiny splined shaft of the servo. I've had to run with a servo horn, so lets hope that the metal gears hold out as the previous servo with plastic ones failed in the first heat!!!

Does anyone know anyone who does servo savers specifically for the Savox servo SH-0257?
Old 10-03-2010
oOple Advertiser

I run those servos myself in some of my micros and I am not aware of any servo savers that are available for them......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
I run those servos myself in some of my micros and I am not aware of any servo savers that are available for them......
How do you get on with the servo horns then? Do you use standard plastic or something a little stronger?

I plan to run off road outdoors once we build our track and therefore wnat to ensure it does not break the fairly weak plastic horn that comes as standard with the servos.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-03-2010
Mad Member

The new RC18B2 comes with a newly designed servo saver which might just fit these little servo's. Not sure when they will be available but I recon it might work.

Old 11-03-2010

The servo saver from the XTM rage should fit it. Can bring one on Friday if you want to try it?
Old 11-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger View Post
The new RC18B2 comes with a newly designed servo saver which might just fit these little servo's. Not sure when they will be available but I recon it might work.
Yeh, the Xray has a nice little servo saver that comes as standard but for some reason the three collars they supply all have splined holes for standard size servos that you'd get in a 1:10th car!!!

Russ, can you bring one along tomorrow and I'll see if it fits the servo, thanks.