Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 12-11-2009

Cool. I'll be doing a bit more talking on the rostrum then and hopefully that will make things easier for me and maybe set a precedent for the club too.
Old 09-01-2010

Exclamation VERY BAD ETIQUETTE

As I'm still learning: I might shunt a driver or 2 by mistake, but I apologise / let them get past and always move over for faster more experienced drivers.

However there are drivers (using the plural is being rather diplomatic) who seem to consistently annoy fellow racers.

I'm not the only one who has commented on these "drivers". They don't seem to care and I'm sorry to say are making some of the races unpleasant.

I know it's a fun racing sport, however your fellow drivers will inevitably become annoyed if they are knocked off the track at almost every opportunity.

Driver improvement is being hindered by this behaviour.

Please consider this carefully, thanks.
Old 09-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas-b4-b44 View Post
As I'm still learning: I might shunt a driver or 2 by mistake, but I apologise / let them get past and always move over for faster more experienced drivers.

However there are drivers (using the plural is being rather diplomatic) who seem to consistently annoy fellow racers.

I'm not the only one who has commented on these "drivers". They don't seem to care and I'm sorry to say are making some of the races unpleasant.

I know it's a fun racing sport, however your fellow drivers will inevitably become annoyed if they are knocked off the track at almost every opportunity.

Driver improvement is being hindered by this behaviour.

Please consider this carefully, thanks.
I fully understand your point Lucas. Now that the club is running the I-LapRC system it is going to free up my time to watch the racing more closely and for the Championship we shall start de-ducting points for bad driving - ie: drivers who knock another driver off and do not, as you say, wait and allow that driver to pass again. Or worst still, knocking off a driver who has already lapped the driver and is trying to get past.

I shall be having words with everyone at the beginning of the Championship to let them know how we should all be driving as I do not want to see members walk away from the club because they are not enjoying the racing.

Watch us race in the A Finals and you see fast close wheel to wheel racing with drivers giving each other the space they need but still trying to protect their racing line.

We are also looking at buying some more track marker material to increase the size of the track edging to prevent corner cutting as this is on the rise again and will not be accepted in the Championship, again, point will be deducted.

At the end of the day it's also up to everyone at the club to help other drivers, give them advice on how to drive. The simplest advice is always to drive a little slower and you'll see the improvement. Also you need to talk to each other on the rostrum during a race, let drivers know that you are about to lap them and suggest where on the track you will over take. On Friday I knew that in one of my heats my car was not performing and I knew that Chris was coming up close so I told him to take me on the striaght where I slowed down and let him pass. Likewise in another race I hit another car by accident and waited to let them through again.

It's not rocket science, it's just about observing etiquette between fellow racers and if we follow the simple rules everyone will be happy.

I'm sorry you had a bad week Lucas and hope to see you back again next week