Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 13-07-2011

Default kyosho fs2 diff plates

hi.could someone tell me if i can turn my diff plates around ? because one side of the plate has rounded edges. and im hoping i can use the square edge. thanks zip
Old 13-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy View Post
hi.could someone tell me if i can turn my diff plates around ? because one side of the plate has rounded edges. and im hoping i can use the square edge. thanks zip
Dude have good read of this from the diff master

On the thrust washers depending how much of a ridge they have you can re-use.. i wet and dry the plates with 800 grade.. to flat and ridge free..

Remember though when you rebuild.. the FS/FS2 diffs use 7 thrust balls NOT 8!

On the diff plates.. they only go in ONE WAY! If you look in the instructions it shows you an illustration of the correct way. If you look at the plates, you will see the inner hole of the plate has a radius edge on one side THIS side needs to face the diff balls. Again with these you can get away with wet and drying them with 800 grade till ridge free..

Check on the spring and diff screw nyloc nut... these do need replaceing especially if you have over tightened your diff.. the nyloc nut looses its " lock " as well so always a good idea to replace.

If you build the diff up correctly using a minimal amount of diff grease and spending abit of time on it, you will find the diffs will last you a good while!! Run too tight tho and you will be rebuilding more often. Im using Buds diff/thrust balls and they are the business!

BRG100 is the thrust bearing assembly.
97032 are the diff plates
LA208 Ball Diff Screw Set (you get 2 new screws and 4 nyloc nuts)
UM124 Diff Tensioner Spring

Thrust Balls are 1/16
Diff Balls are 3/32

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Old 14-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

As an additional note be careful if you do wet-n-dry the plates (I never do, Nick and I have agreed to disagree on this) be carefult to take next to nothing off as the balls run so close to the edge of the diff rings on the Lazer it's easy to get an uneven finish at the edge and make it impossible to prevent the diff from slipping / holding adjustment.

I usually use new plates every rebuild (it is only every 3-4 months after all as the Kyosho plates are so good and I use ceramic balls), take them out of the packet and totally de-grease them as there is a residue on them to keep them dry in the packet.

I also always use a new nylock but only a new screw every 2nd rebuild, that way I get about a full year out of 1 pack of LA208
Old 16-07-2011

thanks chaps for your help. i.ll rebuild them this weekend