Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 06-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default WRCA AGM - The Future of the WRCA

It’s that time of year again when you are invited to attend the WRCA AGM. The date set for it is 8th December and the venue is Caerwent Community Centre.
Caldicot RC Racers are holding their Christmas Race Meeting during the day and the plan is that as soon as the track is packed away, the WRCA AGM will commence. So please come for a day’s racing and then join in the AGM.

Why Should I Attend?
It’s normally the opportunity for racers in Wales to vote on proposals that will change the way racing in the Welsh BRCA region take place. Proposals should be submitted to wrca.events@hotmail.co.uk and have to be received by 1st December 2013.
In addition to the discussion of and voting on proposals, the election of the WRCA Committee also takes place.
This year the current committee are stepping down so there will be vacancies for Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, BRCA Regional Representative and several others. Any nominations for these roles can be sent to wrca.events@hotmail.co.uk ahead of the AGM or you can stand for election on the day.
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The following Proposal has been tabled by the outgoing committee:
“In the absence of sufficient nominations for the committee positions needed to run the WRCA, then the organisation will cease to be viable and the dissolution of it should be completed as per the WRCA constitution”
There have been many comments made about the WRCA over the past couple of years, this is your opportunity to take it forward.
Old 06-11-2013

I nominate you Pete, for all positions.

In all seriousness, 2013 was the first year that i got to take part in a WRCA event, and i enjoyed it a lot. I really think it would be a shame, and a blow for all new and less experienced racers to lose the chance to race outside of their local clubs in south wales.

I understand some of the ongoing issues and frustrations, as well as the poor attendance this year, has dealt a big blow to the WRCA. But i really hope that everyone in south wales will come together to support it. It really would be a shame to see it wound up!!

And before you say it Pete, I am not responsible enough to take it on!!

Tom
Old 19-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Anyone interested in this or have any comments?
Old 19-11-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

It would be very sad if the wrca folded
Sorry I don't have any spare time to put towards helping, hard enough to find it to just race.
You did a grand job Pete.
Old 19-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks Andy, I just don't have the time anymore which is why I have to stand down. I completely agree that it would be a real shame for it to fold, but to avoid that we need people who are willing to spend some time sorting things out.

In case anyone hasn't realised yet, without the WRCA organising it, there will be no BRCA regionals in Wales next year.

I am willing to share my knowledge if anyone wants it, so they wouldn't be going into this without any support (ie: a handover)
Old 19-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Im surprised there hasnt been more comments on this thread