Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 09-08-2017

Question Is there a decent 1/10 4wd that takes a stick pack?

Hello all

Is there a decent 1/10 4wd that takes a stick pack? Perhaps requiring some parts for conversion?

I have a lot of 2s stick packs and don't want to shell out for 2-3 saddle packs just for one car (I have like 6 cars).

I do have a Basher BZR-444 cheap version that does take a stick, but it's been quite a lot of work already and I know it will never be a high end car.

Thanks for the help people. PS when I get some ideas I might post up a wanted add.
Old 09-08-2017

Most of the modern 4wd buggys have narrow chassis and a center diff. You have to go back to the Losi XXX4 or Schumacher Cat SX/SX2 to find a 4wd competition buggy built for stick packs. Not sure if its possible to squeeze a stick pack into the Losi 22-4 which would be the only physically possible option but this would probably offset the weight distribution and leave very little room for you electrics.
Would suggest going for shorty batteries rather than saddles as they are more versatile and easier to store and charge (no link wires)

John
Old 09-08-2017

Question

Thanks for the suggestion John. While I don't like the reduced capacity, I will probably go with shorty packs if I have to buy more since they are as you say versatile.

However I'm sure I saw a stick pack conversion for a relatively recent car, can't remember which one, yokomo maybe?

Help appreciated
Old 09-08-2017

Default 4wd stick car

Years ago I raced a hpi cyber 10b with great success,stick pack across schassis and prop shaft car,recommend but discontinued now,I've kept mine for luck..... Not many unless you go vintage,