Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > REAL 1:1 Cars

Old 25-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Boxster S Detail

First of all i completely snow foamed the car, and cleaned all the badges, vents with some G101.

Rinsed the whole thing down and washed using Zymol Autowash with two Autobrite buckets with grit guards and a Meg's Lambswool washmitt.

At this point my Dad went round removing the wheels and cleaning using Autobrite Very Cherry, CYC Blue Clay and some Tardis for the tough spots. He got on really well with these products and couldn't believe how well the insides of the wheels were cleaning up - So much so that there was literally no marks or spots of Tar left after he'd finished! He then gave them a coating of Poorboys wheel sealent and finished off by dressing the tyres with Meg's Tyre gel which seems to last a bit longer than the hot rims tyre spray.

While the wheels were off he gave the arches a good clean with some G101, scrubbing brushes and really got in the tricky areas.

The whole car was clayed and rinsed off having been snow foamed again.

I dried off using Meg's Last touch and some Autobrite fluffy blue towels then went on to the machine stage, using my Das-6 Pro and range of Sonus pads with Menz polishes i started out with PO106FA on the SFX-3 Pad but this wasn't quite having the desired correction so stepped up to the SFX-2 pad with some PO85RD 3.02 which was working nicely.

I did the whole car with this, and just as i'd finished my Dad had completed the 4th wheel and got it back on the car so perfect timing.

I wiped the whole car down with Meg's last touch and set about waxing.

I used Dodo Juice blue velvet and it went on like a dream.... The darkness was descending quickly so we got the car into the garage ready to finish off the next morning.

Sunday we got it out of the garage and gave it a thorough wipe down with Last touch, and added a 2nd coat of Dodo Blue Velvet wax.
The Hood was cleaned with the Autoglym soft top treatment a couple of weeks back which seems good as water was just beading off it while i was washing.

The car was a pleasure to work on, and i'm really happy with the results! He bought this car brand new 5 years ago now so it was great to see it restored to almost new condition and he absolutely loves it again.

Here are the pics

Exhaust was polished up with some Autosol and some 00 Gauge wirewool

Old 29-10-2010
Mad Member

Looking good what a shame the N isnt an R in the reg plate.
Old 29-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer Mulcahy View Post
Looking good what a shame the N isnt an R in the reg plate.
Which R? Are you talking RUF porsches? I don't think they did a decent conversion on the Boxster but yeah the RUF 911's
are rather nice....

I have seen this at Goodwood FOS before though, and it does seem to be based on the Boxster / Cayman

Old 21-11-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Goodall View Post
First of all i completely snow foamed the car, and cleaned all the badges, vents with some G101.

Hi Nick

Car looks as new. What is the G101, do you use it neat?

My car has a load of crap on and around the side vents which I cannot get off with a normal wash but I am a bit worried about trying anything too abbrasive.

Cheers

Rob
Old 21-11-2010

Looks great!

Funny that most people see it as a women porsche.
Old 22-11-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
Hi Nick

Car looks as new. What is the G101, do you use it neat?

My car has a load of crap on and around the side vents which I cannot get off with a normal wash but I am a bit worried about trying anything too abbrasive.

Cheers

Rob
Autosmart G101 is a general cleaning product and I know that its a popular product with the detailers. Nick can correct me but think lots of detailers use this as a pre-wash on the lower half of the car to break down dirt build up before blasting with a pressure washer...

I would recommend using a suitable soft brush to aggitate the dirt in these areas - these can be bought cheaply to use on areas like on badges, around repeater lenses, etc
Old 23-11-2010
Mad Member

Cheers Matt, I'll order some and see how I get on with it. Don't have the time or patience (or knowledge) to do what Nick does. I tend to allocate an hour or so and the car gets that much time spent on it!

Rob
Old 23-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks Matt, exactly it!

I don't use it neat though, start at diluting it 10:1 and it will shift most things, but if it's really stubborn grease or grime try it at 5:1 and it should definitely work.

It's great stuff though, just an all purpose cleaner really but it works well on loads of things.