Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 04-01-2012

Default What Speedo Combo (SCT 2wd)

Hey guys/gals

I'm running a Venom Gambler like some of you may already know. Stock, it comes with a brushed 550 size motor. Doesnt feel that clever really. I put a 12x2 brushed motor in it with a cyclone speedo as i have no brushless stuff for 1/10th 1/8th scales anymore.

Speed seems ok but i know a brushless set up would wipe the floor with it. I'm unsure on the tech for SCT's Eg Motor KV/Turns size etc. I know how it works and all that, but as many classes differ i know matching kv to car and gearing is important.

In the micro scene there are a good few motor can sizes you can use and all have pros and cons, smaller motors run hotter but are lighter and eco. Larger motors/speedos offer cooler running eat battery but you have to gear the hell out of it due to kv rating being lower. Swings and roundabouts really.

So in short, What motor kv and or size am i looking at??
Also speedos, Obviously they have different output ratings (amps constant and peak). What would be the norm?? 50amp 60amp 100amp etc.

Thanks in advance
Old 14-01-2012

10.5 turn seems to be the norm if you can handle it you can go down to 7.5 with no problems,speedo wise just use a good speedo with good ventilation,I ran a hacker 10.5 and a old nosram istc speedo in a sc10 last year..no problems fir me and good enough for A final qualification.
and 65 other pre 1998 iconic rc cars....

Nosram Novak Orion lrp Reedy Turnigy Futaba Schumacher proline

ACTIVE SCALE MODELS.CO.UK........better than some other model shop's ive been too...
Old 14-01-2012

Try the Castle Creation Sidewinder Combo, 3800kv i think, keeps you in stock class and runs nice and cool, loads of torque and plenty of speed