Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 09-09-2015

Default stock spur size please zx6

hi can some body clarify to spur sizes please.in the setup it only says stock.so can some body state the stock size.also a gearing would be nice too. i run a sp 8.5t /120 speedo and a 78/25 setup but its to punchy for me.(indoor on carpet/ polished floor)temps are really cool (35/35 motor esc) after 5min.slipper backed off as much as can be.also just a mention that when i clean slipper always dust in the front half(slipping) but never the back half (not slipping) if that make sense..

http://www.westernvalleymodels.co.uk/

• TLR 22-4
  • TEAM C TM4
  • LOSI MINI 8 FULLY HOPPED UP
  • GT12 S1
  • HPI FIRE STORM
  • TRAXXAS KEN BLOCK GYMKANHA
  • Carisma Nissan Skyline GT
  • DJI P3
  • FIRDBIRD STRATOS
Old 09-09-2015

Hello, the quoted “stock” spur gear would be for a 78T one, as that is basically the std spur on a Lazer ( I believe since the first ZX5 they have not changed ), the 76T is primarily used for stock motors like 10.5T, 13.5T etc.

What staggers me is that you say the ZX6 is too punchy with a Speed Passion 8.5T motor and 25T pinion against a 78T spur, when I ran my ZX6 indoors at York earlier this year I was running a LRP X20 8.5T and 20T pinion against 78T spur, I did not find the car to be punchy - slipper was tight also.
I did find that it was far too slow , so I had to turn up the settings on the LRP Flow to make the car run at an acceptable speed. I know for a fact that that motor was very quick in another car I had used it in.

The Lazer’s gear ratio’s mean that you need to run quite a fast motor in it , more so than what you would run in say a B-Max4. I have now got a 6.5T X20 , same gear ratio as before = Perfecto !!

Hope this helps you - Maybe ??
Cheers - Rob.
Old 10-09-2015

well i am going to opt for the 76t spur to see if that gives me a little less punch.i was also thinking of 26/78 as theres not much difference i think approx .16 in the 2.just didnt know which is going to get warmer either way.motor or esc?also i am running in blinky and only 85% handset epa.
the reason im asking all this saying its too punchy is the front on throttle on is very lifty.not just from a standing start.

http://www.westernvalleymodels.co.uk/

• TLR 22-4
  • TEAM C TM4
  • LOSI MINI 8 FULLY HOPPED UP
  • GT12 S1
  • HPI FIRE STORM
  • TRAXXAS KEN BLOCK GYMKANHA
  • Carisma Nissan Skyline GT
  • DJI P3
  • FIRDBIRD STRATOS
Old 12-09-2015

check your speedo setting, they tend to come fairly punchy, calm the car down by putting it on the calm setting, usually 1.
Kyosho DB1
Kyosho DB2
Kyosho Turbo Ultima
Kyosho Optima
Schumacher Atom
NORA - Northern Off-Road Arena - www.ddrcc.co.uk
Trader Feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49044