Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 03-10-2015
Awesome Admin

It's pretty much open so you can run what you want, but as for tyres if it's dry you will be looking at yellow mini spikes and of it rains ballistic buggy greans.
Old 04-10-2015

So it will be a case of who has spent the most money and got the best stuff in the A finals then
Old 04-10-2015

No its not like that at the revival, in fact alot of people are running brushed motors (as it should be!) and running at the front. The best drivers who know how to get the best out of their cars will be at the front, money doesn't come into it. I ran a XX4 in 4wd that i had bought from an iconic member a few weeks before the event, didn't have time to test run it and I have never raced 4wd buggy. Ran it with a brushed motor and ESC that cost me about £30 for the pair, a spare servo i had laying around and a cheap turnigy ultimate LiPo and qualified 4th in the A.
Old 04-10-2015
Mad Member

It's off road and there's no restriction on what equipment you use, if you want to throw in a very cheap second hand 4.5 turn motor you will have way too much power for the car. The limits to how fast you go are the chassis setup and the driver, not how much money you have.

Old brushed motors go well, so well they have won several of the classes thanks to their better power delivery. No BRCA homologation means you can run cheap brushless motors, in fact one my buggies this year ran with a new 10.5T motor and 60A ESC, total cost was £35 and wasn't lacking speed.

If you want to make it expensive, you start introducing rules limiting motors, batteries, etc. Then it gets expensive having to have the best equipment within the limits, rather than being able to use whatever you have already or can pick up cheaply.
Old 04-10-2015
Super Moderator

The whole essence of the revival is about seeing the old cars & not how fast they go, i got just as much enjoyment running the boomerang with a 19t brushed motor in the enduro race as i did running a 10.5t brushless in the rc10 classic, i had the cheap 60a esc turned down & it still managed 2nd in the A made it way easier to drive the car
Old 04-10-2015

I reckon then if I get some of the recommended tyres and a modified motor then I should be ok
Old 04-10-2015

Most of my fleet were Hobbyking Ezrun powered and all were on 2nd hand tyres - went ok. Great day, can't wait for next year.
Old 04-10-2015
Awesome Admin

There's a revival style event at WBMCC on the 6/12/15 of you fancy a warm up
Old 05-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
Old brushed motors go well, so well they have won several of the classes thanks to their better power delivery. No BRCA homologation means you can run cheap brushless motors, in fact one my buggies this year ran with a new 10.5T motor and 60A ESC, total cost was £35 and wasn't lacking speed.

What setup were you using. I like running brushed, but might convert my main Optima Mid runner to brushless, to have less work on maintenance of the car.
Old 03-11-2015

Well put, chaps

Results prove it's the driver and not necessarily the setup and definitely not the money.