Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
For 2WD braking about 80%.

You really want the timing to 80%

The limiter is to help at the start and from low speed, more controlable punch. If you doubt it, Kev Lee won last 2WD national with his set at, if i'm not mistaken, 90A. If it's good enough for him...
How much is 90A? Is that the same as value 90?
Old 12-07-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

90a is 90 amps. Our current limiter is viewed and adjusted in percentage of 100.
Old 13-07-2009
Mad Member

Hi,

I've been looking at the Tekin RS Pro and 6.5T redline Sensored motor to go in a B44, I've seen that there is a combo package available but can only find it listed on US shops sites on tinternet.

Although I've bought a lot of stuff from the US and shipped back to the Uk in the past I'm interested to know who in the Uk would the best bet to get one of these sytems from and what the UK price would be?

Any hints gratefully received! Apologies if this question has been asked before and I've not spotted the answer!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 13-07-2009

Only place i've found the 6.5 in stock is dms racing. i think they sell the rs pro, but im not sure if there are any in stock!
Old 13-07-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pinky View Post
Hi,

I've been looking at the Tekin RS Pro and 6.5T redline Sensored motor to go in a B44, I've seen that there is a combo package available but can only find it listed on US shops sites on tinternet.

Although I've bought a lot of stuff from the US and shipped back to the Uk in the past I'm interested to know who in the Uk would the best bet to get one of these sytems from and what the UK price would be?

Any hints gratefully received! Apologies if this question has been asked before and I've not spotted the answer!
Try www.fusionhobbies.com if they don't have it in stock, they can get it in pretty fast, and is probably the cheapest in the UK.
Old 13-07-2009
Mad Member

Thanks guys, I'll give them a try.

Spotted the ESC on it's own at fusion hobbies and DMS, but not the combo, I'll get in touch directly and see what they can do.

Cheers
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 13-07-2009

most won't hold a combo in stock, as it is such a specific item, but I know they can get them in fast.
Old 13-07-2009
Mad Member

The combo isn't improted to the UK, I found this out when I tried to buy one a few months ago.

I ended up getting my esc and motor from apex models as they had them in stock at the pre price rise price.

Any shop that has got a much more account should be able to get you a motor and esc. Don't forget the hotwire, although not essential it makes tuning a lot easier.
Old 13-07-2009

if you want to keep up to date with firmware, then you either need to know someone friendly with a hotwire or buy one.
Old 13-07-2009
Mad Member

Well I'll see how I get on with finding a combo here, I prefer to keep it uk supplied, but if the ££'s are significantly different, then it's a tough call not to import it really!

I plan to get a hotwire as well if I go this way, it's part of why I like the look of it!
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 14-07-2009

The Hotwire is definitely the way to go. It has a lot of options on it that you don't get with the on-board programming. Also, you can update your ESC whenever they either fix a glitch or give it more go go
Old 14-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pinky View Post
Well I'll see how I get on with finding a combo here, I prefer to keep it uk supplied, but if the ££'s are significantly different, then it's a tough call not to import it really!

I plan to get a hotwire as well if I go this way, it's part of why I like the look of it!
Much-More UK have all the Tekin Redline sensored mod motors in-stock as well as the RS Pro, the RS and the Hotwire so any combination is available. Tekin's US retail list price for a combo is less than 1% cheaper than buying the products separately and you just would not get UK shops/distributor's stocking another 24 combinations as separate part numbers for that saving small saving.
Old 14-07-2009
Mad Member

Just looked and your absolutely right! So that's understandable then.

Interesting really...since they only cut the price by that tiny margin ($310 for the combo vs $315 for motor and esc), then you'd think it's not really worth Tekin's effort to do the package at all? All the extra packaging, logistics, etc...seems pretty silly to me! Oh well.

For reference the price at fusion hobbies for the motor and esc is £240, about £47 more than US price at todays exchange rate, but the US price does not include shipping and duty...Uk it is then!
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 17-07-2009

Timing question. I run my xxx on 5 Nimh cells with a 6.5t motor. I set the timing to 80 as I've seen many of you suggest. My car has extreme low end power. It doesn't spin loose even in dirt. Do I increase or decrease timing or is it something else. I have CL off.
Old 17-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
Timing question. I run my xxx on 5 Nimh cells with a 6.5t motor. I set the timing to 80 as I've seen many of you suggest. My car has extreme low end power. It doesn't spin loose even in dirt. Do I increase or decrease timing or is it something else. I have CL off.
What are you trying to acheive? and what motor have you got?
Old 17-07-2009

I want some more power to clear jumps. The motor is a LRP 6.5 bonded rotor.
Old 17-07-2009

put a sintered rotor in there, instant power boost, or turn the timing down on the motor for more bottom end.
Old 17-07-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSloth View Post
Only place i've found the 6.5 in stock is dms racing. i think they sell the rs pro, but im not sure if there are any in stock!
Hi guys, just spotted this thread, I can confirm that we do have the Rs and RS Pro both in stock and the 6.5 Redline motors too.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 18-07-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

What is your gearing in your XXX?
Old 18-07-2009

It's 18/82 with that motor. The thing is that with my lrp esc it's no problem. Rather the other way around. It's too powerful.