Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 05-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Losi Xcelorin Systems, any good?

Anyone know what gives with the losi systems, they seem good value compared with say LRP or Novak. Why are they so much cheaper, and are they any good for racing ?

Cheers. Andy,

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 05-10-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

I have used the 10.5 and 8.5 motors, and they are very good, I would recommend them for at least club racing, and drivers have made National 'A' finals with them, so they are not bad.

I have had okay experience with the speedo, although I know that others have had mixed issues with the speedo's, especially trying to do firmware updates, so you may want to consider your options. The warranty is excellent though through horizon hobby though.
Old 05-10-2009
Mad Member

The speedo was good enough to win the 2wd Stotfold national this year, the motors are as good as anything else out there, and as mentioned before the warrentry is probably one of the best available you can get.

All issues with the firmware are sorted and all of the speedo's now come with the latest software pre-installed.

Xray, Orca, 1UP Racing, Avid,
X Factory UK, RC Disco, Hudy,
RichPaint, RDT products, Screwz4rc

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 05-10-2009

Default Go

I bought one last xmas, and to be honest I did have some issues at first, mainly with firmware. Mine was the 6.5. I can only say that Horizon's warranty and customer service are second to none. I sent it off on the Monday, and had a replacement on Weds!

Performance wise it is excellent, you can't beat the price, and I quite like being able to plug it in to the laptop to adjust settings (admittedly I don't have the faintest what difference it makes but it looks like I know what I'm doing....he he)

The only slightly neg thing I would say is the sheer size of it makes installing it a little bit of a pig if you have a low shell. Went in x6 no probs, but losi xxxcr the fan had to come off.

Overall I would happily buy another one.
________
Codeine Rehab Dicussion
Old 05-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Codpiece-The-2nd View Post
The only slightly neg thing I would say is the sheer size of it makes installing it a little bit of a pig if you have a low shell. Went in x6 no probs, but losi xxxcr the fan had to come off.
I've run them in my CR and DB01 and am very happy with them, and they were no bigger than the GTBs that were in there to start with (in 2wd the Novak's too tall if you keep the fan on too)
Old 05-10-2009
Mad Member

I just bought my 2nd one!
Old 05-10-2009

I'm generally very happy with mine. I did have a fault with my speedo, but horizon dealt with it really quickly. It's very smooth, and plenty fast. For the money it's fantastic.
Old 05-10-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Codpiece-The-2nd View Post
I bought one last xmas, and to be honest I did have some issues at first, mainly with firmware. Mine was the 6.5. I can only say that Horizon's warranty and customer service are second to none. I sent it off on the Monday, and had a replacement on Weds!

Performance wise it is excellent, you can't beat the price, and I quite like being able to plug it in to the laptop to adjust settings (admittedly I don't have the faintest what difference it makes but it looks like I know what I'm doing....he he)

Overall I would happily buy another one.
The stange thing is the foot print is the same as the LRP ssx, only the Losi speedo has a bigger power cap and a taller fan and heatsink.

Xray, Orca, 1UP Racing, Avid,
X Factory UK, RC Disco, Hudy,
RichPaint, RDT products, Screwz4rc

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 05-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No issues with my 2 all season, would deffo recommend
Old 05-10-2009

I had one and I thought it was great.

However, it suddenly stopped working for no obvious reason and that was it. Because it was second hand, its not under warranty (as far as I know). I am going to contact horizon anyway to see what they can do for me.
Old 05-10-2009

Send a message via MSN to T4miy4 Guy Send a message via Skype™ to T4miy4 Guy

I have 3 xcelorin systems all 4.5T and for the money i think they are great, i have had afew problems especially with my newest system but i cannot fault Horizon for there customer service , it`s really fast and trouble free

Andy
Old 05-10-2009

Send a message via Skype™ to Carole_MH

I have to agree,,,,,,, my xcelorin is spot on, yes I had the firmware problems but as already said the support from Horizon is second to none. I use mine in a touing car and the only problem is location the power cap as it tends to get in the way of the drive belts if not securely fixed out of the way.

Top Class products for the money.
Old 13-10-2009

Mine worked straight out the box!
I have totally zero experience of all this modern stuff. 2.4 Ghz stuff was involved as well.
I found, even if you don't do any of the set up calibration stuff, it just works. I an shying away from any firmware updates. Eventually I got confident enough to calibrate it and it all seems to work. High quality stuff I'd say. Haven't raced it yet. Car only 98% complete now. But I just slapped it all in, and i didn't go to bed bemused, or on fire. Happy. Run it on a table with no wheels and it seems to do what I require.