Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 18-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
The RB5 (flat) arms keep the car flatter through corners and help reduce the mid corner pivot / tucking in of the nose that the RB6 has naturally. As a rule of thumb I run the flat arms everywhere but if I've got enough mid corner rear end but am struggling a little to keep it's nose in then will go back to the stock RB6 rear arms.

As with everything like this it is personal preference / driving style. I know plenty of people who prefer the stock RB6 arms.

My advice is to try them both back-back and see which works best for you.

Reversing the steering rack makes the car feel a little smoother on initial turn in through to about 50% lock.

I often run with the rack reversed but 1.25mm or so of spacing behind the ball stud on the rack to put it back to the stock setting, doing this means it's only seconds work to calm the car down by removing the spacers or equally to put a little more in if I want the car to be more reactive to initial steering inputs.

HTH
Cheers for that Roger, will certainly be trying a few bits out for the next indoor meetings. Reversing the steering rack sounds on its own like it could probably solve a lot of my set up issues. I will look to pick up some flat rear arms to try out too. I'm interested to also try your set up on the astro when I go back outdoors and do a back to back against my DB2.

Cheers again
Chris
Old 24-12-2014

Hi Roger

Quick question on the set up. Managed to get some flat RB5 arms which side are you drilling the extra hole, loop or flat and I'm guessing shocks on the back?

Cheers
Chris
Old 24-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Loop side, shocks on the back/outside of loop.

Remember to put a spare ball or spacers in the loop to prevent it from being crushed.
Old 22-02-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've ordered some X gear red rear springs but if they don't arrive before race night what AE rear spring is closest to X gear red??

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 01-11-2015

Can some please give me part number or pics of the parts needed to change from shorty to saddles?
Just got roller that is set up for shorties an has some spares but can't understand how I change to saddles an don't think I have all the parts needed
Old 02-11-2015
Mad Member

Have a look at manual Here, http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...IMA_RB6_IM.pdf
Its mostly same parts.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 07-11-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Shouldn't need any additional parts unless your car currently has an aftermarket lipo tray in place like the rudebits one.

Been a long time since I have seen an RB6 running saddles but my memory is that the car was excellent in that configuration in lower grip conditions.
Old 18-10-2016

Hi guys,

Does anyone else has a Problem with to much "Play" of the steering? My recently builded new rb6 has a lots of play.

Thanks
Basti
Old 19-10-2016

Default Play

Hi
Mine is the same and is fine, I use the Schelle steering rack and this works very well and does remove a bit of the play.