Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 20-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben44 View Post
Did you know if in this "new" kit they will cancel the 2 sub C where we but the ESC.
I will happy to see this news, very goog to have a X6² complet, and whis the option part
Ben : c'est le même châssis, les mêmes pièces. La différence c'est que le kit est complet, pas besoin d'avoir un B4 donneur.

[/FROGGY MODE]

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 20-02-2010

I hope they will do the same with out the 2 Sub C because when i don't used heavy with the Sub C the scootch of ESC move
Old 20-02-2010
Lee-Mag

I think this is a massive step forward for XF and well done to Chazz and Daren for their efforts. For years now people have asked when can we buy a complete car from XF and here it is finally and people are moaning. But these are not the people who will be buying it, they are either tied to other sponsors or just have no intention in buying an X6 for whatever reason, narrow minded? maybe.

Not only can you buy the complete kit but they have actually improved on the inferior parts from AE because they weren't deemed good enough for the X6. We should really be praising XF for their tireless work and efforts to keep going forward. Some people dont like the cars, i personally don't know why but the results speak for themselves and nobody can deny its success on uk soil, considering it was designed for dirt The other thing is that people will always try and pull things apart when a new product is released, especially if it is a small company, if it was an AE/Xray or Schumacher then everyone would be nursing a semi if they had taken a step like this, but if you look at the quality in products over the last few years with AE then they have gone rapidly down hill where as XF has gone the opposite way and the quality from the original X6 to the squared is worlds apart. Also take a look at the Cat SX, it looked great in Mossy;s hands during testing etc but when it went out to the Normo's it was a bit of a handful with numerous people giving up on it after not much time at all, some very good drivers too then there was the outdrive issue

People shouldn't really knock something until you have tried it, for £300 i really doubt you will get a better spec'd car

Well done gents

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 22-02-2010

Apologies if this has already been posted, but when will the JConcepts shell be available?

Thanks
Old 22-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickie View Post
Apologies if this has already been posted, but when will the JConcepts shell be available?

Thanks
Correct me if I am wrong but I think that the standard X-6 Squared body is made by JConcepts. I believe that Chazz, Darren, etc are highlighting the quality and reputation of using JC for the body.
Old 22-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Matt, is quite right the bodyshell is the X6 Squared body made and produced for X-Factory by JConcepts although the new kit will feature some all new two part window masks which allow people to easily spray coloured window surrounds simply, even with just spray cans!!!
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 22-02-2010

[QUOTE=DMS Racing;345992]Hi Kevin, yes all the gears are supplied in the kit, an AE diff gear, two AE idler gears and the all new machined from solid hardened X-Factory layshaft. The only other gearbox internal change is the inclusion of the B-Fast carbide diff balls for a super smooth diff!!![/QUOTE]

B-Fast supplied the name of a manufacturer that makes precision balls.
That is all.

Fred Bellito
B-Fast R/C
Old 22-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Hi Fred, hope things are good for you at the moment! I have misquoted from the original press release, I guess it should read then - "same supplier as B-Fast" diff balls (which I guess makes them the same as yours but with some free advertising for you too ) apologies for any confusion caused and I hope the free publicity does you no harm.....
Old 22-02-2010
Mad Member

I'm sorry too, Fred. I thought we had been quite clear in our press release and did not catch the error above.

To make sure everybody knows: B-Fast was good enough to give us the name of his diff ball supplier. We have contacted that supplier and are buying our diff balls from them. They will be the same as are supplied to B-Fast.

B-Fast itself has nothing to do with our products. X Factory appreciates Fred's helpfulness -- he is one of the really good guys in R/C. It is a pleasure meeting Fred and talking with him at various races.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 23-02-2010

Default I am just saying....

this is how a X-6 should look like.....

Its in Swedish but I think you know what I mean by the pictures

http://rc10b4.blogspot.com/search/label/X6
Old 23-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

That X6 is awesome Alex, good skills who knocked that up!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 23-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattADH View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but I think that the standard X-6 Squared body is made by JConcepts. I believe that Chazz, Darren, etc are highlighting the quality and reputation of using JC for the body.
Ah right cheers, thought it didn't look much different
Old 23-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Headling View Post
That X6 is awesome Alex, good skills who knocked that up!
Yes It is and the guy who is the daddy to that is lars jonsson. Respected driver up here and mad skills in the designing department. Think he got inspired with my mid Ultima project I had some time ago. Can see some resemblance, but he did it even better.. He was looking at it rather carefully on a meeting we had.
Old 23-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Hi Fred, hope things are good for you at the moment! I have misquoted from the original press release, I guess it should read then - "same supplier as B-Fast" diff balls (which I guess makes them the same as yours but with some free advertising for you too ) apologies for any confusion caused and I hope the free publicity does you no harm.....
You need to change the XFactory.UK site also. The car contains no B-Fast parts. Even the best diff balls will not overcome the shortcomings of stock diff rings. The "smoothest diff possible" comes from the rings. As far as "free advertising" having my company tied to a basicly stock diff is not what I wish.
Old 23-02-2010
Mad Member

And we all know the smoothest diff possible elevates people into Worlds A finals!

Old 23-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Fast R/C View Post
You need to change the XFactory.UK site also. The car contains no B-Fast parts. Even the best diff balls will not overcome the shortcomings of stock diff rings. The smoothest diff possible comes from the rings. As far as "free advertising" having my company tied to a basicly stock diff is not what I wish.
Your wish is my command Fred although the X-Factory UK site currently states no different to the official press release!! (I amended all spelling/wording errors I made yesterday ) If this is still "worded" wrong you need to take that up with Chazz I'm afraid.........

Pherhaps we should of just used the excellent Vampire Ceramic diff balls in the kits as I suggested !!
Old 23-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Your wish is my command Fred although the X-Factory UK site currently states no different to the official press release!! (I amended all spelling/wording errors I made yesterday) If this is still "worded" wrong you need to take that up with Chazz I'm afraid.........

Pherhaps we should of just used the excellent Vampire Ceramic diff balls as I suggested !!
Thanks for removing B-Fast from the list of manufactures included in the kit. It was not "worded" wrong, should never have been included. I have heard good things about the Vampire balls.

Thanks again
Fred
Old 23-02-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Do you make diff rings then Fred/bfast? Have you got a web link to these if so please?
thanks
Old 23-02-2010
oOple Advertiser

Griff, Fred's B-Fast website is www.bfastrc.com they make some of the finest diff rings known to man!!!!
Old 23-02-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

thanks Darren