Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 18-07-2010

I had to pay something like 15% tax on a 300 USD RC10 team car in 1991 and the Australian dollar was only valued at half what it is now, I doubt it's had more than 10 packs through it, but I'll be waiting a while until that car is again worth what it cost :P. 10th scale RC is muuuuch cheaper now. The good news is that I might have my B fast diff this week
Old 20-07-2010

I noticed today that the Roar legal chassis and other parts for the Short Course truck are out now, see this link

http://www.tcmodels.net/index.php?pa...mart&Itemid=71
Old 20-07-2010

And the kit is ready too! I already have 3 cars.....hmmmm....
Old 21-07-2010

keep us up to date about the B-fast diff nicefrog! i will order some body parts in the appropriate future, and maybe a diff too.
Amax Torche Pro monster truck
Old 21-07-2010

I've got the B-fast diff in and running, amazing!. I'm so used to being paranoid that the diff is going to slip that it's going to take me a while to get over but this diff is solid as and verrrrrrrrry smooth. I swear there was 8 thrust balls in the kit but the site says there's 6. Anyway I just put in whatever there was so I wasn't counting. It's a very good thing

http://www.bfastrc.com/tqracing.html
Old 21-07-2010

I am glad to hear that nicefrog Congratulations to your new aquisition! fortunately, now with the stock brushed motor my diff works good too, but I think I also will buy a B-fast
So far I didn't get any spares for the Rat, because we will make a common order with the other MadRat owner. I also need a motor plate because mine seems to be bent-BTW, i have sold the gear cover screw problem with using a bit thicker screw.- I think I will buy a B4 FT motor plate with a gear cover, cas it seems to be cheaper for me than ordering something from outside and paying the postage.
Old 21-07-2010

guys, I don't want to look stupid, but I think I've just realized that in the B-fast kit i don't get a whole diff..... I don't get the outdrives, not the diff spur gear, and no thrust screw set.... I have to see how much would these cost me if I would get a AE FT set....
Old 21-07-2010

Now that I have a diff that wont slip and heaps of traction, I think I need a bigger motor lol. But since I will have the 4wd soon, I will get an ezrun 5.5 turn for that and put my 60amp esc in the 4wd, then get another smaller esc and use that in the truck. I'm very happy with the truck right now, it's got a full set of good screws and a good diff, it's pretty close to being perfect. If there was an RC club here I think it would be very competitive
Old 21-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicefrog View Post
I've got the B-fast diff in and running, amazing!. I'm so used to being paranoid that the diff is going to slip that it's going to take me a while to get over but this diff is solid as and verrrrrrrrry smooth. I swear there was 8 thrust balls in the kit but the site says there's 6. Anyway I just put in whatever there was so I wasn't counting. It's a very good thing

http://www.bfastrc.com/tqracing.html
I am glad you like!
Thank you for finding the error on the web site. There are eight (8)
carbide thrust balls not six (6).
PM me your address and I will send you a little something.

Fred
Old 21-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagonielod View Post
guys, I don't want to look stupid, but I think I've just realized that in the B-fast kit i don't get a whole diff..... I don't get the outdrives, not the diff spur gear, and no thrust screw set.... I have to see how much would these cost me if I would get a AE FT set....
Yes, but you have all of this on your mad rat kit
I think it worth the money because the ring and the ball of my 2 stock diff kit are dead or almost dead. The only things you need to replace are the ring and the ball, and, of course thrust. The hub, the spur, the screw are good.
Old 21-07-2010

Hi Fred, I don't really need any gifts for thanks about the thrust balls on the website, just being able to buy the diff kit is thanks enough, really. I can have a lot of fun driving the car now where before it could end up quite stressful once the diff started slipping
Old 21-07-2010

Whaou ! A man who dont want gift ! Very fairplay Nicefrog !
Old 21-07-2010

Nah, I already got a smooth running diff at a fair price and stickers! what more could you want in life ?. I was driving the truck at midnight in the rain around the backyard track for 15 minutes with a torch for lighting I was so happy to have it running . Tomorrow will be the Team C world championships backyard edition now that both cars run again
Old 21-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicefrog View Post
Nah, I already got a smooth running diff at a fair price and stickers! what more could you want in life ?. I was driving the truck at midnight in the rain around the backyard track for 15 minutes with a torch for lighting I was so happy to have it running . Tomorrow will be the Team C world championships backyard edition now that both cars run again
Along with my thanks you also have my respect.
Possible to get a photo or two of your cars for the new web site?
If you send please include any credits due (photog, painter ...)
bfastrc@aol.com

Fred
Old 21-07-2010

I could have taken macro pictures step by step of the diff install if you had of asked yesterday, but I hope now I wont have to pull it apart for a while . I can do pictures of the cars driving and sitting together, however since we are going to be taking some high frame rate, high resolution slow motion videos of them any day now , I suspect that may be more awesome so if you can put videos embedded on the site you can use those once they are done. I'll be sure to get the B-Fast stickers stuck on somewhere first before the pictures and video
Old 22-07-2010

My TC04 is ordered :0, now the long wait for the postman begins. It'll be a while before I can afford to complete it with a nice saddle pack and a good motor and tyres but that gives me some time to consider my options and see what parts everyone else is breaking/wearing so I can order spares . It'll be the machine to drive around during the Summer once the ground turns to dust and the traction goes away but right now I'm busy trying to wear out the Stadium Truck
Old 22-07-2010

hi guys! here's another question I've bought today some weights. 1x50g and 4x10g
How should I make a good weight distribution out of theese? adding slowly more and more weight and watching how the car handles? and where to put them? on the servo, on the sides? I know, it depends on the track I will run. But I thought, there is a standard thing which would help in any case. Thanks in advance!
Old 23-07-2010

got a new camera today, it's a bit grainy because it was getting dark, oh well will try again tomorrow, heres a clip of my tc02

Old 23-07-2010

Yeah nice slowshot video !

Don't you have a too high ride height ?
Old 23-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedal View Post
Yeah nice slowshot video !

Don't you have a too high ride height ?
I don't know, I have the arms set to horizontal, should it be lower?