Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 15-06-2011

Default SC18 Servo and Saver?

Hi guys,

My beast is almost up and running. Unfortunetely, my steering still does not centre. I think the serbo in there is too weak as it centres when off the ground but no chance when on floor, even on polished surface.

The hitec hs55mg was recommend with a losi mini T servo saver. My question was when googling the parts its brings up a HS-5055 is this one and the same?

Thought I better check before I order it.

Got my new ESC and aluminium steering rack so its starting to come along nicely =D
Old 15-06-2011

shane, i had this problem when i had 1 i put a 1/10 servo in with a kimbrough servo saver in.check this out, i dont no if there will be enough room for the servo under the SC shell tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTih8drUjHA

Old 16-06-2011

Cheers mate ill check it out after work
Old 16-06-2011

is the truck shaft or belt drive?

Old 16-06-2011

Belt driven, think I will take a vid of the issue and sling it on youtube so ppl can see. Think im gonna order the hitec 65mg, the servo saver for the losi mini t prob wont be that much so i will just tak e a leap of faith lol.

Think this is the one I need. What do you reckon?

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/28117/
Old 16-06-2011

i believe thats the one tim runs

Old 16-06-2011

think the 5055 is the digital version of the hs55mg servo i run. this will fit but needs the losi mini t hitec servo saver option. the hs65mg will fit, think it is the recommended alternate servo. associated part no. 21326 gives the servo horns to fit this servo. hitec servos in these small sizes all use different size splines,which is o.k. for the fly boys cos planes don,t need a servo saver just the supplied horn (ooooh errrrr), but shit for us truck lads who need a saver. give us a bell if you're struggling, i'm quicker to reply on't tin can and string than on this new fangled computer thingy.
Old 16-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADGERBOOTH View Post
think the 5055 is the digital version of the hs55mg servo i run. this will fit but needs the losi mini t hitec servo saver option. the hs65mg will fit, think it is the recommended alternate servo. associated part no. 21326 gives the servo horns to fit this servo. hitec servos in these small sizes all use different size splines,which is o.k. for the fly boys cos planes don,t need a servo saver just the supplied horn (ooooh errrrr), but shit for us truck lads who need a saver. give us a bell if you're struggling, i'm quicker to reply on't tin can and string than on this new fangled computer thingy.
told ya the old man would no you will need
now that's showing your ages with tin can and string and the type writer lol

ps, if i had the money i would of got a SC18

Old 16-06-2011

Quote:
Cheers Tim i think thats the info I need I will get the stuff ordered up =D, my new ESC has arrived now so its all coming together. Cant wait to get it going.

Jamie I got mine of ebay for 75 quid alltho I am having to buy a few bits to get it going but still it is brushless so i think it was a pretty good deal. Your buggy looks awesome tho, loved watching you and tim race was epic battle =D
Old 16-06-2011

I am not 100% but the servo saver on the existing servo looks like it might be the right one =D, i have ordered the 65mg so ill try existing one on that and see what happens.
Old 18-06-2011

Got my new servo (HItec 65mg), but the mount doesn't seem to fit. Again i dont think its standard one as its blue metal.

If I order the 21040 mount does this fit?
Old 18-06-2011

stick it in with a super glue then hit it with a hammer lol

Old 18-06-2011

lol i thought about using doublesided tape but was worried if i put it in slight the wrg place steering wont work as intended?
Old 18-06-2011

ive cut the little lug off of the front of the mount,this lets you mount the servo further forward. works o.k.
Old 18-06-2011

is that the Associated one 21040? Tim

If it is ill order one up and do the same. the one that was on my kit was a blue metal one and it wont even go on top of this server. Ill order up the 21040 one then.

Ty
Old 18-06-2011

thats the one 21040 servo mount.
Old 18-06-2011

Quote:
thats the one 21040 servo mount.

all these numbers, sounds like we are at a bingo hall, lol

Old 19-06-2011

this thread may answer a question that has been troubling me for a while

got a cheapo MG servo for less than £3 posted which i reckon will do the steering duties fine in a mini-t im bringing back to life

problem is i have now spent 3 times this looking for a servo saver that fits.

got an FTX blaze one(got 2 in the post), none of the options fit, all too big
got a mini-t servo saver standard not realising it was a hex and too small to mash on to the output splines with a hammer

wonder if i should now take the plunge and buy the hitec mini T one and cross my fingers
(anybody want to swap one for a brand new FTX blaze one N.I.P?) or is it buy the hitec55mg and saver together and put it down to experience.
Old 19-06-2011

mini and micro servos are a complete pain in the arse for servo saver fitting. my desert buggy, which is a modified mini-t , runs a hitec hs55mg and the losi hitec servo saver. both the servo and the saver should only cost about £10 to £15. job done, no more stockpiles of miss matched servos and savers.
Old 19-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiggy View Post
this thread may answer a question that has been troubling me for a while

got a cheapo MG servo for less than £3 posted which i reckon will do the steering duties fine in a mini-t im bringing back to life

problem is i have now spent 3 times this looking for a servo saver that fits.

got an FTX blaze one(got 2 in the post), none of the options fit, all too big
got a mini-t servo saver standard not realising it was a hex and too small to mash on to the output splines with a hammer

wonder if i should now take the plunge and buy the hitec mini T one and cross my fingers
(anybody want to swap one for a brand new FTX blaze one N.I.P?) or is it buy the hitec55mg and saver together and put it down to experience.

count the number of teeth on the spline dude, with most micro servos the adaptors in the rc18t2/b2 saver are fine.

if the spline is bigger than those, try the xray m18 servo saver, if its smaller, try the xtm rage servo saver (this fits the savox servos perfectly)

generally, the standard sc18 saver is pretty much the best micro saver there is apart from maybe the xray m18.

for a servo, go with either the savox, or i got a cheap mg one from giant cod that worked awesomely.

PHULL PHAT - Phat Bodies