Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 23-06-2013

Default **Another track maintenance morning. Sunday 30th June **

Fella's

Although the last request 3 weeks ago got loads of hose filled by the few that turned up, we do still have a few manual jobs to tidy the track up a bit for the up coming regional so i plan we meet at the track next Sunday 30th June from 9am. I anticipate the championship round in a fortnight will be busier than past with some having a last minute test before the regional the week later so would like these done before the championship meeting..

To do..
Strim back all the weeds. (Oil needed for strimmer)
Buy industrial strength weed killer and put down on track weeds.
Buy extra megaphone speaker for top corner of track, to improve range.
Buy waterproof box for speaker connector and fit top corner.
Lay down speaker wire permanently to top corner and connect to box above.
Buy splitter(s) for speaker wires.
Speak council about getting permanent bin installed behind cabins or purchase bin barrel.
Spray grid markings on top straight.
Re spray features.

Now this is not a lot of work for half a dozen people and would take a couple of hours to complete, so if you can spare a couple of hours next Sunday, please reply on here and specify what you would be happy to assist with from the list.

As a reward for helpers, there is a free meetings racing in it for all that turn up.
(That doesn't include the regional meeting though )
Thanks in advance

Darren
Chairman
BMRCC

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 23-06-2013
Mad Member

You may be more likely to get people on a Saturday as Sunday for most is a race day. Even if bmrcc isn't open
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 24-06-2013

Send a message via MSN to birdy

I should be able to make it down on Sunday, 9am is good for me.

As for weed killer, Round up is very good, the Farmer at the nitro track always used it with good results.

Do we already have a sprayer to put the weed killer in??

www.bmrcc.co.uk
Old 24-06-2013

Default Reliably informed yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy View Post
I should be able to make it down on Sunday, 9am is good for me.

As for weed killer, Round up is very good, the Farmer at the nitro track always used it with good results.

Do we already have a sprayer to put the weed killer in??
Nice one birdy. I'm reliably informed by Mark who checked yesterday that we do have a sprayer. I seem to remember Roger using one too!

This refil will do the job me thinks, or should I get 2? http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/garden...skuId=11268373

Gav, don't make excuses, make the effort!

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.

Last edited by Darren Wales; 24-06-2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Oops
Old 24-06-2013
Mad Member

I'll happily come on Saturday but Sunday is a racing day and I'll probably be racing somewhere, if there's anything I can do on Saturday I'll happily do it I.e dig up the big weeds ect so it's one less job for you on sunday
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 24-06-2013
Mad Member

My mrs is working so won't be able to make it as I've got the kids

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 26-06-2013

Default Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
I'll happily come on Saturday but Sunday is a racing day and I'll probably be racing somewhere, if there's anything I can do on Saturday I'll happily do it I.e dig up the big weeds ect so it's one less job for you on sunday

Gav, if you can get down on Saturday and pull up those weeds around the track on the car park and around the perimeter and start with some more in the bottom left corner if you get chance, then anything you do will be a bonus and yes, some less for us to do on Sunday.

I'm going to get a couple of bottles of weed killer to put down on the track weeds for spraying after we've given them a bit of a trim with the strimmer.

Buds, I'm bringing my boys, but they will just be booting a football around the fields to keep them occupied.

Anyone else freeing themselves up to get down for a couple of hours this Sunday morning? Come on guys, many hands and all that!

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Old 26-06-2013

I will come and lend a hand,
knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit,
wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad!
Old 26-06-2013
Mad Member

Cool ill come down then

Old 27-06-2013

Sorry lads can't make it this time, I'm working all day Saturday and Sunday.

Chris
Old 29-06-2013
Mad Member

Jonny gibbon isn't coming tomorrow and he is ment to be track foreman!!!!! Says he is going racing at southport!!

What you think lads ?

Old 30-06-2013
Banned

Track foreman not at the track maintenance day??

Something not right there boys
Old 30-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Jonny gibbon isn't coming tomorrow and he is ment to be track foreman!!!!! Says he is going racing at southport!!

What you think lads ?
Er you'll find that's self titled track foreman, as my title says.... Bmrcc duct tape operator. Pah!
Track foreman wasn't there for 2 hours today breaking his back digging up weeds today was he?? And won't be back there tomorrow to get rid of the rest? No..... Nice easy job doing a bit of painting....
#trackskiever
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 30-06-2013
Gypsy Member

It's ok fellas I'm not even around enough to race at bury regular nowadays any way , worked the last two Sundays and won't be able to make the next meeting either and possibly not the one after that , so your right I don't think I've really got time to race let alone contribute to the club ( as I have for the last few years ) I think foremans job has been passed to buds , the way he was going on last night I think he's ready to be the entire committee so make sure you all let him no he's now officially bmrcc committee ( once hes actually joined the club this year )
Coleman you should be committee again , people would probly start to foolishly trust you and pay to have shells not painted again
Gav I'm glad you no what hard work feels like on bury track at last ,
and you also no what it's like to go racing regular to ( wish I did) see you at southport ....
Johnny
Ex foreman

Last edited by johnnygibbon; 30-06-2013 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Ex foreman
Old 30-06-2013
Mad Member

Put your dummy back in

Old 30-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

You'll find the race controller won't be at either session so having a role means very little.
Bit disappointed at the number of Bury racers going to be at Southport today. I know I'm not at the track maintenance session but at least its because I'm doing family stuff so I'm free for Bury weekends. If you can go to Southport you can fix up Bury....

Edit - to be fair to Johnny though he hasn't been around much lately, so if he's got a Sunday to race at last I can see why he's not doing track work.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 30-06-2013

Default track maintainance

Unfortunatly can't make it today, I have to do some work on my bathroom to keep the missus happy. Went to the track yesterday when gavin was their and put the stencils for the track in the equipment cabin. Gavin should be bringing back the strimmer and blower after we got them running yesterday.
See you all next Sunday
Old 30-06-2013
Mad Member

Fair play johnny, those stencils worked out nice. We have a grid at last! We had to paint by hand in the end as spray paint just doesn't get into the astro enough. The numbers are painted and waiting to dry before we put the grids around the numbers. It's looking good,
Big thanks to those who gave up some time to help, we got SO much done, the track looks a million times better now! Hopefully the weed killer will start to kick in in the next few days and we can remove the small bits of weed that remain.
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 30-06-2013

Default Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
Fair play johnny, those stencils worked out nice. We have a grid at last! We had to paint by hand in the end as spray paint just doesn't get into the astro enough. The numbers are painted and waiting to dry before we put the grids around the numbers. It's looking good,
Big thanks to those who gave up some time to help, we got SO much done, the track looks a million times better now! Hopefully the weed killer will start to kick in in the next few days and we can remove the small bits of weed that remain.

Johnny, not like you to bite pal! I know you have been working away a lot recently and not been racing, so your entitled to get some track time in today at southport.

Myself, Gavin, Rob and even a newbie that hasn't even raced yet, Paul, started the morning off well, until the strimmer seized. quick trip to B & Q had us back strimming with a new one. Purchased by Mr Chairman (with a receipt for the accounts) we all dug in and quickly got some much needed long grass removed. Myself and Paul continued with the long weeds along the fence lines, whilst Gav and Rob got spreading the weed killer and making a start on painting the grid numbers.

We were then aided by a couple more hands, in the form of Chris and Alan Reed and then The Pitman Eddie, Josh and Luke came along to help too!
Big thank you to all that came, we certainly worked hard and got rid of most of unsightly weeds around the track fence as well as those on the track. Those weeds still left on the track, well, it's off road so no complainers please!

Some more sweeping of the track may very well be needed before the next meeting on Sunday but there are plenty of brushes for those that can turn up 30 mins earlier than they usually do.

Enjoy next Sunday and I'll see you in a fortnight at the regional.

Darren

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Old 30-06-2013
Mad Member

Bad news, rob mill has just informed me that a load of kids on their bikes have been on the track and the wet paint is now everywhere!! Stupid bloody kids!!
G Paint
Answer RC