Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Mansfield RC Club

Old 06-08-2014

Default Few Questions after Popping Over Tonight

I popped over tonight with a mate to have a look about 8 o'clock - if anyone spotted and wondered who the two wierd lookin' fellas where stood near the entrance (took a bit of finding, but I looked for a 3rd story with a light on )

We just stood and watched 3 or 4 races, didn't mingle as everyone looked busy but from what I could see there seemed to be broad range of Abilities and you got on to each race quickly. (I would definately fit into the most novice heat)

I'd like to come over next time with the car (and it's accompanying paraphernalia) and take part.

Firstly, how do I sign up to take part when I come over?
Secondly would I need to bring table or is that covered?
Thirdly - how long do you typically get between races?

The reason I ask is I have one semi-decent NiHM pack and a new LiPo pack coming tomorrow - which is all I'll have to start with. Do you get long enough to charge a pack between races or would I really need to have a few?

Fourthly - If I bring myself, my car, a charged transmitter, tools, batteries and charger should I be good to go?

Fifthly (not to be confused with Filthy) - Due to work I'd probably not be able to get over until about 6:30pm, would this be too late? (I'd stick around at end to help pack away)

I said stick?
1/10th Electric Touring: Schumacher Axis 2
Full Scale Petrol: 2013 Focus ST-3
Old 06-08-2014

Hi mate. I'm a regular at the club. If you get there for about 6.30 practice would have just started. Booking in at about 6.45 and racing starts around 7 is. 2 packs will be fine for racing. We normally get about 25 mind between rounds and we usually have 4 rounds and a final. If you have any questions next week don't hesitate to ask we are a friendly bunch of like minded people. Oh and it 5 quid to race. Hope this helps matey. See you next week.
Old 06-08-2014

Great stuff thanks for replying
I know once i've been and got the first nights racing out the way it'll be easier and less daunting. I may be wandering around like a lost goat to start with, occasionally tripping over things and people!

Does any one have a good starting setup sheets/ tips for the Mansfield track? Just so I can "pre-configure" and don't have to worry too much about trying to get that right whilst it's my first time and I'm attempting to take it all in.

I think I may be over thinking it as I will constantly be upside down anyway.
Old 06-08-2014

Don't worry someone on the night will always help just turn up and enjoy
Old 07-08-2014
Mad Member

You can usually get two races out of a pack. so popping it on charge to top up between races should see you starting each race with a 90+% charged pack. and if you miss one charging opportunity, not a big deal.
(Unless your lvc is set high!)
Old 07-08-2014

Just turn up and we will get you started don't be afraid to ask anyone for help. Its worth bringing a table but if you don't have one you can pit on the end of mine. I'm the one with the spikey boy band hair cut.. LOL

There's been a few new starts recently so don't worry. Regards car setup thats a whole different subject, what car have you got?
Old 07-08-2014

I've got an Ansmann Madrat, not got a whole lot of spares but have a number of pinions between 18T and 27T (only got the stock 80T spur at the moment) and have a 9.5T motor.

Got the Ansmann Alloy shocks which still use the clip type spacers rather than threaded adjustment.

That's about it other than fitted the upgraded turnbuckles to allow for easier adjustment.

So far it's only been used in the Garden so really don't know how good it'll be on a proper indoor track (hopefully OK lol). I only have a set of tyres which came with it, they look like minipins to me (front and rear)

Was thinking which pinion, camber, toe settings, suspension angle, etc?
Old 15-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by butters86 View Post
I've got an Ansmann Madrat, not got a whole lot of spares but have a number of pinions between 18T and 27T (only got the stock 80T spur at the moment) and have a 9.5T motor.

Got the Ansmann Alloy shocks which still use the clip type spacers rather than threaded adjustment.

That's about it other than fitted the upgraded turnbuckles to allow for easier adjustment.

So far it's only been used in the Garden so really don't know how good it'll be on a proper indoor track (hopefully OK lol). I only have a set of tyres which came with it, they look like minipins to me (front and rear)

Was thinking which pinion, camber, toe settings, suspension angle, etc?
You probably need different tyres. Your buggy may be undriveable on what you've got. Buy some Schumacher yellow minipins front and rear with blue medium inserts in both, the beads need gluing onto the rims. Do not run/test them outdoors, they'll be ruined!

25 tooth pinion. Kit toe and camber angle.